Not my brother.... The twins' birthday.... finding out

Fated to Be Together

Your point of view

"Oppa... do you realize what you're doing?" Changmin's eyes widened for a few seconds, but he continued to until the blood was gone. And let me tell you, when he my finger.... it was such a weird sensation I almost shivered in delight.

"Uhhh... sorry about that." He murmured before he started to spit the blood out in the sink. "It was the spur of the moment, I guess."

"Hey! That's what I said last time, Copycat." I pouted.

He chuckled; at least, I thought he did.  "Sorry. But it's true. I  do weird things when it comes to blood." 

"Oh... okay. Well, here's your fruit." I handed an apple slice to him.

"There's no blood on it, right?" He joked.

"Of course not," I said. He ate it. Even the way he ate an apple reminded me of Yeonmi. *Should I try doing a DNA test using his hair? I keep on thinking about this. Especially since he asked what I would think if he was the father…*

I then remembered that it was almost the twins’ 4th birthday. My birthday would come up a week after theirs. *What should I do for their birthday this year?* Last year, I took them to Chuck E. Cheese's, and they didn’t like it there because the Chuck E. mascot freaked them out.

Should I have a regular party here? Of course, I’ll have to ask Changmin first.*

“So… Oppa… I was wondering… next Sunday is the twins’ birthday. Would it be alright if I hold a party here?”

----------------------------------

Changmin’s point of view

“It’s their fourth birthday?” I asked. She nodded.

“I guess you can.” I stated. *Since today's Monday, I don't need to worry about getting the test results that day then.* I felt like I was lying to her. But I had to be patient. 

"YAY! Thanks Oppa. You're automatically invited, of course." you smiled. 

"It is my house, after all." I pointed out.

"Yeah... but still." She grinned.

"Alright. Well we should go sleep now. It's getting late. Don't forget to put a bandage on." I claimed.

"Okay. Thanks again. Good night." She got a bandage from the first aid kit and went to her room.

I sighed. I went upstairs and decided to talk to Minho. He was most likely still awake. I knocked on the door and opened it. But he wasn't there. I sat on his bed realizing he was taking a shower.

I looked around to see if there was anything that was interesting. A letter caught my eye. It was on the drawer near the bed. I knew I shouldn't have read it but I did anyway. 

My dear Minho,

Omma's sorry to say this but I have to tell the truth. Your father isn't your real father. He adopted you when you were only a few months old. So that means Changmin isn't your real brother. Just your stepbrother. But continue to treat him as your real brother. I'm telling you this because I found your real father and he turned out to be Sulli's uncle. So that means.... this whole time you were in love with your cousin. I'm so sorry I didn't tell you earlier. His name is Choi YunGyum.  I thought it would be better for you if your name was Shim Minho and not Choi Minho. But I guess that's not right. I hope you can forgive me.

                                                                                                                                                                                   -Your loving Omma

P.S. I'm not going to introduce you to your biological father. He's a douchebag.

I put the letter back, astounded. I mean I thought about it for a little since he was acting weird yesterday but my theory was true?

I didn't hear Minho open the door because I heard him say "Hyung... why are you reading my things without permission?" He caught me redhanded.

"Sorry. I was just curious... But at least I know why you were saying all that weird stuff yesterday." I claimed. He just sighed.

"It's kinda hard to believe, don't you think so? I mean just two days ago, I thought I really loved Sulli. But then I find out that she's my cousin and that she's a ."

I laughed. It wasn't often to hear Minho curse.  He gave me a stern look so I kept quiet and gestured him to continue. He sighed yet again.

"I figured dad would have told you eventually but I guess it's better that you know now. Now I'm realizing that things aren't always what they seem. "

"Yeah...." I murmured. I thought you  was a dense girl who didn't make a good decision and ended up having twins at a young age. But it's my fault... I chose the wrong room. I had with a minor, thinking she was my girlfriend.

"Hyung... please get out. I'm gonna go sleep now. Night."

"Good night Minho." I turned off the lights and closed the door.

-----------------------------------

Narrator

It was the twins' birthday. You left them at the daycare and pretended to not remember their birthday. The two of them were smart for their age and could remember their birthday unlike other kids.

"Omma.... don't you know what day it is?" Yoojin asked suspiciously.

"I do know. It's Monday." You smiled and said bye as the two of them disappointedly hung their heads low while they went inside. Taerin gave you a thumbs up. She was sure to give them an early birthday celebration.

You gave her a thumbs back and left to the house, getting ready for the party.

"I thought Omma would remember our birthday. She's the one who asked the stork for us this day!" Yeonmi pouted.

"I know. I'm gonna be mad. We're finally four." He put up his 4 fingers and showed it to Taerin.

"I'm sure she'll remember. You two can remind her when you get home."

"Araso...." They said in monotone. Little did they know that they were going to have a good time today.

You went to get the mail and walked home. You noticed how the yellow envelope you were holding was similar to the one that you had when you had the DNA test with Taecyeon. Changmin had just finished his second bowl of cereal when he noticed you holding the yellow envelope.

"That's mine." He went and took it from your hands.

*Why is it here today? I thought it would come tomorrow.* He thought. He went into the bathroom and opened it. He was shocked by the results. It was positive. He absentmindedly put it in the bathroom forgetting about it and walked back to the kitchen like a zombie.

"Oppa, are you okay?" You asked worried.

"Yeah... I'm leaving... See ya." He muttered, trying to leave but you stopped him.

"Already? But you only had two cereal bowls. You usually eat three of four. Are you sure you're not sick?" You put your hand to his forehead making him surprised, but he just coldly backed away, making you confused.

"I'm fine. I'll eat at the company if I feel hungry." 

"Alright then. Take care Oppa. See you later!"

He left without saying bye. You wondered what was the matter with him. But you decided to start cleaning the house. You invited a lot of people. Your friends, the twins' friends and their parents and even Changmin and Minho's friends just so they wouldn't be bored.

You had finished cleaning all the rooms, except Changmin's of course, and started to clean the bathrooms. You cleaned the bathroom near your room and you headed for the downstairs one. The one that Changmin was in.

You opened the door and saw the yellow envelope in the sink.

*Why would he leave this here?* You picked it up and a paper fell from it. You picked that up and stared in horror when you read the contents of it.

Shim Changmin is the father of Park Yeonmi.

"Oh my god..."