I'm happy we were fated to be together

Fated to Be Together

First of all, I would like to apologize to all my commenters/subscribers for waiting so long. I really thought I would be able to finish this by 2011, but obviously, it was an epik fail due to me going to high school and getting honors/ap classes :P But now it's done. I am sorry I dragged this out so long. Thanks to those who haven't left this fanfic and remained patient with me. I love you guys!

------------------------

Your point of view

I didn't realize until now, but almost a year had already gone by. I had been too busy working on the online courses while getting a part time job at a cafe. I was so thankful for Taerin's daycare. Yoojin and Yeonmi never complained about staying there most of the week. 

A lot has happened over the past year. I was frequently updated on all of my friends' lives. Yunho and Sanghee had gotten married and was going to have a baby boy. Min-Rae and Jaejoong were on their honeymoon in Jeju Island. Taerin and Dongho were engaged. RiRin and Key were engaged also. Jinhee and Jonghyun finally started dating after a long time of push and pull.

Despite that Changmin and I were the first ones who got engaged, we were waiting until I graduated. Of course we've gotten closer. We knew simple facts about each other like our favorite colors and foods to more serious things like talking about our past and family.

I was glad that Changmin and his mom's relationship have gotten better. He actually calls her often to see how her and his uncle are doing. I was going to graduate from high school tomorrow, on the 23th of February. There was going to be a ceremony at the Seoul stadium. I was pretty happy that I would actually receive the diploma in front of an audience.

Graduating high school at 20 is a little embarrassing... But it turned out that I wasn't the only one. There were many dropouts that were around my age. Life just happened. I just hoped I wouldn't trip or anything. 

Changmin was going to go home from work early today in order to celebrate since tomorrow we would be with the whole family.

---------------

Changmin's point of view

It was 12:30 when I left my office. I went in my car when I realized that I had forgotten to buy the thing we needed for our date.

As I searched for them on the streets, I heard a lady yell from behind "They're right here, Changmin!"

*Who called me?* I turned around but I could only see an old lady at a stand. I was sure I haven't met before. *It probably wasn't her.* 

But it turned out that she was selling exactly what I needed. 

"Can I have these two please?" I questioned as I pointed at them.

"No, they're reserved. But you can have these."

She handed them to me and I smiled at the sight of them. 

"These will be perfect. Thanks so much." I paid for them but she stopped me from leaving.

"Wait! The number combination has already been set up. So as soon as you lock them, it can't be undone."

"That's alright. It's actually what I wanted. Thanks again." I addressed her and went back to my car.

I couldn't help but ponder though.*How can those be reserved at a street shop?*

Ehh whatever. I think you will be really happy when she sees this.

--------------

Your point of view

"Hey Oppa!" I greeted him as he went in the kitchen where I was reading a manhwa called My Romantic Gumiho by Kim Yeongmi. It was surprisingly funny and different than the drama Gumiho. 

"How was work today?" I asked as I stopped reading and helped him put away his jacket and briefcase. 

"Same as usual. I'm just glad I get tomorrow off." He flashed that cheesy smile of his. Back then, I would blush whenever I saw that uneven eyed smile and it's still in effect today. "But I think I'm more excited than you for your graduation tomorrow." 

"Wow Oppa." I shook my head in disbelief. "That's just because you want to get married already. You still have to wait four months. We should actually start the planning right?"

He nodded. I turned around to pick up the manhwa and put it away but Changmin stopped me by wrapping his arms around my waist.

"So where are we going today?" I questioned. Over the past 10 months, we've gone to many restaurants and zoos and amusement parks and watched many movies. We also went to an aquarium so I wondered where we would go to next.

He let go of me and took something out of his pocket. "I think you'll know by seeing this. He handed me 2 red heart padlocks.

"Omo! Namsan Tower? Awesome! We finally get to go!" I was super ecstatic about it because all my unnies and even Min-Rae and Taerin had all gone there with their boyfriends/fiancees/husbands and put their love locks on the gates of the tower. 

"But wait, there's a combination number instead of a key?" I asked. Most couples would throw the key away after the locks are on the gate. 

"Yeah, we're not allowed to throw the key away. We might hurt someone down there. Besides, I don't know the number. I got these right after I left my office. The flowers represents Yeonmi and the chick represents Yoojin." He mentioned.

"Why a chick though?" I questioned him. "Doesn't a chick symbolize the human relationship with Jesus or something like that?"

"Sure. But I was thinking that it means that I'll always want to protect him. Well, I'll always want to protect Yeonmi too."

"Oh I see, you're a thoughtful dad. Okay well, I really wanna go now, so let's go!" I shouted and shook the padlocks in delight.

"Well I heard that the lines for the cable cars are pretty long so let's eat before we go." Changmin suggested. 

"Alright, since you would starve. Let's just go buy some fast food while we go." I claimed.

"Araso." He groaned. He didn't like fast food but sometimes the kids would do aegyo (acting cute) and that would convince him to would eat it. As for me, I don't need to do aegyo because I know he wouldn't defy me.

We left for Namsan and ended up getting McDonald's by drivethru. As soon as we finished eating, we had arrived, I could see it from the car. It was so cool looking.

The line for the cable car wasn't as bad as we thought. There were only ten couples ahead of us. I liked seeing the view though. It was about 2 in the afternoon.

But the line was getting longer and longer. As I looked behind, I noticed an old man in the distance. He was the same old man that sold me balloons for Yoojin and Yeonmi when we went to go pick up Jinhee. It seemed like he was with his wife.

"you, do you know them?" Changmin noticed me looking at them.

"No, he was selling balloons at the airport so I bought 2 for the twins when I was picking up Jinhee. But I was the only customer because after I bought them, he disappeared."

"Hmm, that's odd. His wife is the one that sold me these padlocks."

"Chincha?" That's so odd, but interesting." I murmured. They seemed to have noticed us because both of them waved.

"That's surprising that he recognized you though." Changmin mentioned. We waved back and it was finally time for us to go in our cable car.

When we approched the gates, my mouth just wouldn't close. I was amazed at how many love locks there were. There were probably hundreds of thousands of them.

"Oppa, let's write on the locks. But we won't look at each other's messages until after we're married. Araso?"

"Sure." He smiled and handed me a sharpie. I think he knew I wouldn't stay true to my words because he shook his head.

We each took a lock and started to write on them. There wasn't a lot of space so all I wrote was 

Changmin, I'm happy we were fated to be together. You actually appeared in my dreams with the twins twice before we started dating. Saranghae always and forever!

As soon as I finished writing, Changmin did too. And we put our locks together. Of course, we covered our writing. But as soon as we locked it and Changmin was sightseeing, I peeked at Changmin's message but only managed to read the first message before Changmin realized what I was doing.

you, I'm thankful that I met you and the twins.

"you-ah, I caught you red-handed!" Changmin giggled exactly like Yoojin would and grabbed my hand. I pouted, disappointed that I couldn't finished reading. 

But overall, that date was very sweet and romantic. I finally understood why so many couples visited this tower. Because of those locks, our love would be locked for eternity.

~~~~~

The graduation went by pretty swiftly. It was mainly because no one really knew each other and didn't bother to stay long. As soon as the principal finished his speech, everyone just applauded and left. I met two people who were around my age. But it was a brief exchange of greetings before Changmin and the twins wanted to go eat. 

We ended up eating at Cassiopeia again. The waiter from before recognized us and probably hoped that there wouldn't be a scene like last time. 

"Oh yeah Oppa, I just remembered, but whatever happened to Sulli?"

--------------

Changmin's point of view

"Sulli?" I had to think for a few seconds. I had only heard from her once after you slapped her twice when she insulted the twins and called her a . 

~Flashback~

I was going through sketches of a library when Sulli yelled out "Oppa!" She didn't bother knocking on the door.

"What do you want?" I didn't really pay attention to her. I was still mad that she showed up at my house to badmouth you.

"I just want to say that I'm really sorry for being a to your girlfriend." 

"Did I hear you say sorry?" I stopped what I was doing and just stared at her. She just nodded.

"You're not joking, right? I mean, you should be lucky I didn't tell you off when you called my twins ugly."

"I just couldn't believe they were really your kids. Did that mean you were cheating on Yeonhee unnie?"

"You don't need to know. It's my life. Sulli, the engagement's canceled so there's really no point of you coming to my office except for work related stuff, araso?"

"Well, umm I just wanted to tell you that I got a boyfriend. His name's Taemin."

"Really? Good for you. Now get out."

~End of flashback~

"Isn't Taemin Minho and Key's friend?" you added.

"Yep." Minho replied for me. "It's good she apologized though, or else I would have taught my cousin a lesson."

Minho had recently started dating Yuri, a friend of Sulli's. I was glad that he managed to move on.

"Anyway, we're very happy that you finally have your diploma now. Do you guys have the exact date for the wedding?" My mom asked. She was able to talk to my dad and they finally got over their differences.

"We're thinking June 16th." I answered. you was really excited for the planning. She was discussing all the details with Minho's mom and my mom.

I liked that my family was all here together eating and talking. If it weren't for you and the twins, I might have never imagined this happening. I guess my cold heart has officially melted. My happiness was going to be complete once we got married.

--------------------

Narrator

It's been exactly a year since you and Changmin got married. You woke up and looked over to see Changmin was still sleeping. You stared at your wedding photos before realizing that it was your anniversary.

The twins were going to start kindergarten soon. You got out of bed to see if the twins were up yet.

"Good morning Omma!" They both greeted. They were about to brush their teeth. You started to get teary eyed as you were accepting the fact that they were growing up.

"Hey guys. Are you excited for your first day of school?"

"Of course!" Yeonmi answered.

"Yeah, I want to make new friends. Everyone at the daycare are all separated now." Yoojin sadly expressed.

"Don't worry. As long as you're nice, you'll become friends with the whole class! Now hurry and get ready. I'll make you guys eggs and bacon."

"Okay thanks, Omma!" The twins shouted in unison.

You went downstairs and began to fry the bacon. Just before you were going to crack an egg, you received a backhug from Changmin.

"Good morning. It smells so good." 

"It's not for you. The twins are starting school today." You stated and he pouted.

"Wait... what day is today?" Changmin inquired.

"The 16th." 

"It's our anniversary!" Changmin exclaimed in joy. 

"Yeah, I know. We'll celebrate later today."

"So how's the baby doing?" Changmin rubbed your belly. That's right. You were going to have another baby.

"Pretty good. I didn't throw up yet." You were about 3 and a half months. "But Oppa, I feel really weird." You added.

"Why? What's wrong?" Changmin sounded worried. 

I don't know, I just feel like the baby is going to be really overweight or something. My belly is exactly the same as when I was pregnant with Yeonmi and Yoojin."

"I'll make an appointment with the doctor later to see, araso?" You nodded and finished frying the eggs. By then, the twins came running down the stairs wearing their small backpacks.

"Morning, Appa!" They yelled. You could tell they were extremely excited for school.

You guys quickly ate and took the twins to the elementary school. 

"Have fun guys!" You and Changmin both told them. They nodded before runnning off to the playground.

"Do you want to visit the Namsan tower again?" Changmin suggested.

"No, we already went there after we married. I remember exactly what you wrote. 'I'm thankful I met you and the twins. And I'm extremely thankful you guys are going to remain in my life. Fate is really amazing. I love you.' Let's just celebrate after we go to the doctor's."

So about three hours later, you and Changmin were in the doctor's office. After explaining to the doctor, you were lying down on the chair with Changmin next to you.

"Okay, let's check with an ultrasound." As you guys watched the monitor, you guys were both wide eyed in shock.

"Wow. Truly amazing. You're having twins again! And it's a boy and girl." The doctor grinned. "Congratulations."

"Well, this is a great anniversary present." Changmin chuckled.

"Let's just hope they're not as crazy as Yoojin and Yeonmi are." You smiled.

"They'll be happy to have more siblings though." Changmin squeezed your hand.

*I really am happy that we were fated to be together. Fated to meet after the one night stand. Fated to fall in love. And fated to have twins twice.* You thought as you and Changmin went to go to tell the twins the news.

"Oh my gosh! I get a younger sister!" Yeonmi screamed in happiness.

"And I get a younger brother!" Yoojin wanted to name him Spongebob. "Please? I'll clean up all my toys and take baths without complaining!"

But you and Changmin just laughed and shook your heads.

As you rested your head on Changmin's shoulder, he whispered to your ear "Happy anniversary." and then kissed your forehead.

You just sighed in delight and said "I love our fate."

"Me too." Changmin said as you guys watched the twins talking about what they would do when the new set of twins would arrive.

---------------------

Yay! It's done! Sorry for not writing about when they got married but I'm kinda tired with writing them OTL. Once again, I hope you guys liked it!