Eight

Mr. Park

Baekhyun's Pov

 

Kris agreed to meet at the coffee shop, so I was currently sitting in a comfy lounge chair with a table in front of me. I check my watch again for the fifth time. Despite the fact arrived earlier than planned.

 

My essay lay in front of me like a haunting nightmare. I laugh to myself. I'm over exaggerating about an essay. I hold the coffee mug in my hands and stare at the steam rising.

 

"Um is this seat taken?"

 

I look up to see Mr. Park smiling down at me. I return the smile with some unease. "My friends would be here soon. B-but I guess you can sit down for a bit."

 

I felt insecure and bashful suddenly. I wore an old jersey and some joggers, nothing too pleasing but extremely casual for a Sunday morning. My hair wasn't brushed and a little wavy and I most certainly didn't wear makeup. It's not like I usually did my make up to see him but, that was school and this wasn't.

 

"Are you okay?"

 

I look up from my mug from the question and force a small chuckle. "Yea, I'm just having issues with pronouncing some words." I hold up handwritten paper.

 

"I'm glad to see you're a hard worker." He smiles again and I almost melt at how his ears lift up synchronizing with his grin. "If you ever need help, I can tutor you."

 

My eyes meet his and I nod politely. "Thank you, Mr. Park."

 

"Call me Chanyeol."

 

"Chanyeol... Thank you." The slight memory of me calling his name that night brings my heart to leap with longing. 

 

"I'd like to take you out." He says slowly and I swear my head has never jerked up faster.

 

I swallow. "Like as in a da-"

 

"A date. Yes."

 

A blush spreads to my cheeks the moment I think about being with this man again. The answer deep down is yes, though I don't answer.

 

The cashier shouts out a number to which Chanyeol gets up. "That's my order."

 

I only watch as he gets up and moves to the counter. The bell from the door rings and enters Kris with Yixing. They were laughing and speaking in Mandarin which I could only pick up on certain words like "sheep."

 

"Sorry, we're late." Kris switches to Korean so that I can understand. "Jummyeon needed a couple of things. "

 

Yixing nods while Kris squeezes into the seat across from me. "Is that Mr. Park?"

 

Despite knowing the answer, I look up anyways. His lengthy figure stands tall in the line to retrieve his coffee and I sigh. He looks beautiful.

 

Yixing goes to the ordering line and Mr. Park walks our way with a steaming foam cup in his hands. "You both are studying." He beams. "Every teacher's dream."

 

"He's bad at pronouncing English words. I'm just helping." Kris says to my embarrassment. I look down fully aware of my lack of English skills. I kick him underneath the table though he looked unharmed.

 

"If you both ever need help." Mr. Park looks at me specifically. "I'm here."

 

Kris nods, "Will do, sir."

 

(☆^ー^☆)

 

After an hour or two of drilling my brain with English syllables and symbols, we departed outside of the coffee shop. I start my journey home but suddenly remember today I have to wash clothes so I turn the corner and end up at the supermarket. 

 

I grab one of the baskets they put out and start looking for the detergent aisle.

 

It doesn't take me long to find it since I knew basically where everything was. I reach out to grab the medium sized bag and a cart stops right in front of me almost rolling on my toes.

 

"I'm sorry." An all too familiar voice apologizes.

 

I grab the bag standing up to face Mr. Park.

 

"Baekhyun?" He smiles awkwardly. I notice his cart contains treats and smoothies. An odd combination. 

 

"It's for my friends and I at the gym." He explains and peeps at my hand.

 

"It's laundry day." I justify raising my eyebrows. 

 

He nods and sighs. "I remember those college days."

 

 "Well imma be heading now." I wave bye leaving him in the detergent aisle.

 

That bye was useless. I end up seeing him again in the checkout line.

 

"If I didn't know any better I'd say you were stalking me Chanyeol."

 

He lets out an amused smile, probably because I used his actual name. It shocked me myself how easily it slipped off my tongue since I was speaking to my teacher after all.

 

A woman stands in between us with her cart full of groceries and I shoot her a smile. "You can skip me."

 

She mutters a thank you, passing me allowing the distance to close between me and Chanyeol. He leans forward. "The last few encounters are purely accidental I swear."

 

I hum as a response.

 

"This, however, was planned."

 

I raise an eyebrow.

 

"Can I drop you off home?"

 

I look around thoughtfully. "Maybe."

 

He smiles and wait for both of us to pay for our things before I follow him to the parking lot. 

 

"Where do you live?" He asks opening the passenger door for me. 

 

I tell him the address and his brows furrow. "That's near the college campus."  

 

I nod my head and smirked. "I know, so you have to be careful if you ever want to come over." 

 

He laughs in return. "Does that mean you'll be letting me into your apartment Baekhyun?" 

 

I lookbout the window thoughtfully. "Maybe."