Thirty

Mr. Park

Sehun's POV

 

Kissing Baekhyun felt like magic. His pink lips were as plump and as soft as I had imagined. If not, even more so. 

 

The reasons for his affection towards me were out of anger and betrayal. Feelings he had sacrificed from his boyfriend. From Mr. Park, but I didn't care. Byun Baekhyun was finally kissing me. 

 

His body perfectly fit with mine, like a puzzle piece and he was finally as close as I wanted him to be. Like a fool, I had stopped him before we had . A decision I'll never forgive myself for in fact. 

 

In my dreams last night, however, we did. Baekhyun was wild, and didn't hold back, he moaned my name repeatedly and told me he loved me. 

 

I wake up sweating and to an empty bed. 

 

"Crap." I groan before proceeding to hit my pillow repeatedly all while letting any and every curse words flow from my mouth. 

 

I finally finish my childish melt down and take a shower to get ready for school. 

 

As I head out the door, I back up noticing the large bag on my kitchen counter. 

 

Thank you for last night, I'm sorry 

(^v^)

 

It's a small cake, chocolate with brownie bites. My favorite. 

 

The message sends my heart into overdrive. I desperately want to hate him, for so many reasons. Dragging not only me, but my heart along as well but pathetically, I'm as whipped as ever. And he... He's a taken man. 

 

I go to throw the cake away but that would be a waste of perfectly good stomach material so I leave it for afterschool where I can come home immediately wallow in self pity. 

 

(☆^ー^☆)

 

The knocking on my door is rapid, like gunshots or maybe someone trying to horribly drum against my door. 

 

Either way, the sound is hell to my ears, so I shove aside my financial homework and answer the wooden door. 

 

LuHan stands there, his large sweater barely reaching his fingertips and sweatpants down to his ankles. His cheeks are flush against his pale skin, probably from the cool air which was soon turning humid. 

 

The outfit was made for comfort yet all it does is make him look so adorable. 

 

"Hey." I say. 

 

"Hey? That's all I get?" 

 

I shamefully look down, well aware and deserving of his anger. I open my mouth and try to explain, say anything to calm the fire within his eyes yet any excuse I think of sounds like such bull. Even to me. 

 

"Busy?" I suggest and a scoff crosses his tinted lips.

 

"It's been a month Sehun. I assumed since finals were coming you wouldn't have time for me anymore. But you declined all my calls, didn't answer my texts. I had a feeling you blocked me or something. I gave you space but I'd like to know why you're avoiding me." 

 

"I'm not avoiding you..." Another lie. 

 

The truth is, I was avoiding him. LuHan brought out emotions I knew all too well. The way my heart pumped extra whenever he touched me or skipped occasional beats whenever his face was near mine. LuHan left me speechless and because I loved Baekhyun, yet I couldn't deny the like I had for him. 

 

I didn't want to be responsible for my emotions. I couldn't understand if I liked him because he was a mental rebound from Baek, or if I liked him genuinely and if it was the latter, I didn't want my heart broken a second time. 

 

I couldn't tell him what happened the night Baekhyun came over. Mr. Park was his best friend, and I'd be a fool to reveal the mistake Baekhyun created. I couldn't tell anyone, in fact.

 

So I ignored them both. 

 

LuHan sniffs.

 

"Don't do that." I reach out as soon as I realize he's about to cry. When I'm close enough to touch him, he pulls away.

 

"I know, I'm not as good as Baekhyun. Not in your eyes, but I felt as though we had something." 

 

My eyes widen at his confession. 

 

"I've never felt any way for a man before but you were different. And even before the day we kissed, I knew I liked you. But the day after, I knew I loved you and I thought you started to like me too but I guess I was wrong." 

 

"Lu-" I start but he's already backing up. 

 

"I came to say my piece anyway, I heard Baekhyun's not on taking terms with Chanyeol. Maybe they broke up." He shrugs. "Now's your chance or whatever, but I bet you knew. That explains you avoiding me." 

 

I shake my head. "It's not like that." 

 

"It all makes sense now." He continues. "You got Baekhyun and dropped me. I could've gotten a heads up at least. Our plan worked." 

 

LuHan starts wiping tears away and I pull him close into a hug. I'm not sure what words would soothe him, but I feel his body calm down in my arms. He's no longer shaking, quivering as if a panic attack was about to emerge but less than a second later I'm being pushed off.  

 

"You're a heart breaker Oh Sehun." LuHan turns and heads for the elevator. 

 

"Wait." I furrow my brows unaware of what the just happened. The space where his body previously was starts to feel cold and empty and I knew I messed up big time. 

 

I run to him, sliding into the elevator before it closed shut. 

 

"What the hell?" He looks at me as if I had grown two head. 

 

"I like you." I blurt and facepalm. I should be more romantic than that. 

 

LuHan doesn't look impressed, probably still pissed I went MIA for a month. 

 

"What I mean to say is-" I take his hands, and intertwine them with mine. "I'm sorry, truly I am. I was confused between you and Baek, my feelings for him... My feelings for you..." 

 

I take a deep breath. "But, I do like you, way more than I should. I do think about you a lot and your kisses, your body, your laugh and your obnoxious habit of taking up my bed like a cat." 

 

LuHan flushes red, and the doors open revealing the lobby, since we've only went down three floors but he doesn't make any movement to leave and neither do I. So the doors close, but we're still in it.

 

"I want to make us work." I bring his hands up to my lips, and suddenly I feel lifted. Like a large weight removes off my shoulders, and I'm not longer worrying about my one sided love the way I've been doing for two years. 

 

Because, LuHan has been here despite the time being brief and I just didn't notice. 

 

With a shy smile, he tiptoes pulling me in for a kiss.

 

"That doesn't mean I forgive you. A whole damn month! Really?" 

 

Though he scrunches his face to look intimidating, the smile behind his makes me lean down and kiss his neck. 

 

"I'll pay you back with a buffet." I push the number 3 button, and we're sent back up to my apartment floor. "I'll even cook it." 

 

"You have to wear an apron though." He mutters. "A cute one."

 

"Kiss the chef?" I suggest and my respond is a harsh punch to my shoulder. "Ow." I rub the abused area. 

 

"Oops still a bit mad." He pecks my cheek to console me. 

 

LuHan enters my apartment first and as I close the door, I see Baekhyun leave his. We make eye contact and I smile, for once not feeling the dispaired feeling of butterflies in my stomach. I finally have gotten over him. 

 

"This food isn't going to make itself." I hear LuHan whine.