Thirty-Five

Mr. Park

Chanyeol's POV

 

I'm standing at the back of proud parents, eager siblings, and overwhelmed family members. 

 

Though my arms are folded in a serious stance, the smile on my face is painfully wide. 

 

Though I enjoy seeing my students graduate, I can't help but feel extra giddy as Byun Baekhyun makes his way across the stage. 

 

He looks through the crowd, smiling and waving at his parents before shaking the hands of the dean and receiving his diploma. They look to the side for a split second, allowing a photographer to snap their picture and then Baekhyun gets congratulated allowing the dean to continue to the next student.

 

Baekhyun looks out into the crowd spotting me. I shoot him a quick wink, and he blows me a kiss. 

 

My smile widens ever so slightly. 

 

No one knows who he's blowing that kiss too... No one but me. I hold my hand to my chest as I feel it thump harder than usual. Today is the day Baekhyun and I could be free of legal restrictions. 

 

The ceremony takes forever and I do nothing but snap sneaky pictures of my baby, sitting so majestically with his back straight and curious eyes. He keeps looking back at Sehun, and I can tell he desperately wants to talk to his friend to celebrate this milestone that they're sharing together, but due to their last names, they are a great deal apart. 

 

I take more pictures of Baekhyun as he shoots me the cutest of smiles. 

 

"Here's your coffee." A voice beside me shoves the can towards me an I reluctantly put my camera down to take my well-needed drink from LuHan. 

 

"Thanks." I sigh. 

 

He only waves me off, raising a camera of his own. "Where's my Sehunbear?" He searches the sea of students sitting in front of the stage. 

 

I try not to gag at the nickname. Sehunbear? Ew. 

 

My thoughts were interrupted by his twinkish screech. "I see him!" It takes me a while to follow his line of sight but soon I see a very composed Sehun in his white cap and gown smiling bashfully at the crowd. 

 

I scowl. I want to punch the geek all over again. 

 

When the ceremony is done, Luhan and I wait back while our boyfriends excitedly talk with their friends and family. We lean against the brick wall of the school for support and many of my students come up for a picture or to sign a book. I wish them all good luck in life and smile. 

 

"Lu remember when that was us?" I look to see him basking in nostalgia. 

 

"It doesn't seem that long ago, but at the same time it does." 

 

"I'm really glad we stayed buddies." 

 

"Me too." 

 

I my head to the side when Baekhyun bounces towards me. "Chanyeol I did it!" He whispers, holding his diploma out to me.

 

Sehun follows suit, and Luhan rewards the boy with a quick kiss while I pat Baek's head knowing that's the only sign of affection I can show him at this moment. "I want to kiss you." I lean down and whisper in his ear, playing with the string attached to his angel-white cap. 

 

"Later." He promises, bringing my hand down from his cap. The movement was swift but I know that's his way of touching me back. 

 

"This doesn't feel real." Sehun's eyes start to tear up and quickly Baekhyun kisses his cheeks and wipes the wetness from his face. 

 

I see Luhan's hand, which was placed in Sehun's, tense up slightly then release, and I frown thinking of the ways I could punish him for shamelessly doing such an act in front of me. I guess the latter sensed the tension and pulled Luhan to his chest. "Let's go meet my parents." 

 

My friend's eyes widened. "Now?" 

 

"Yes now?" 

 

"But- we haven't even been dating that long and I-" 

 

"Relax, I already told them about you. They'll love you." Sehun kisses Luhan quickly and was soon dragging him out of sight. 

 

I find myself envying the two considering Baekhyun and I can't do the same. Not right now, in the eyes of the public where I am technically still a teacher, and he: a student. 

 

"Let's go." I hear Baekhyun say, and before I could as 'where' he was pulling me into the hallways of the seemingly empty school. I suddenly realize we are heading towards my classroom and I want to protest but he's soon pushing me in and locking the door behind him. 

 

"Baekhyun-" I start but he shushes me. 

 

"I'm not trying to do anything. I just want you to hold me." 

 

He falls into my arms and I envelop him into a hug.

 

"I love you." He whispers. "I love you so goddamn much." 

 

I can't help but smile and kiss his forehead. "I love you too." 

 

His heartbeat, which was thudding furiously against my chest starts to slow and he looks up meeting my eyes with his. It takes only a second for our lips to meet. A soft and slow kiss forms, that I deepen with my tongue as I place my hands on his neck. 

 

Baekhyun pushes me against the wall, and I let him do so having this sort of control on his big day. "Don't ever leave me." He commands, kissing my lips. "Don't ever cheat." He kisses my neck. Baekhyun's hands unfurl the first two buttons of my shirt, touching the smooth skin underneath. "If you fall out of love with me. Tell me." He kisses my now exposed chest, yet, there are tears in his eyes. 

 

"I'll never fall out of love with you," I promise, bringing his chin up to attach our lips once more. "When can you move in with me?" I ask. my eyes pleading. "Move tonight." I become impatient already wanting to call my house 'our house'.

 

"I'm having dinner with my parents tonight to celebrate but- tomorrow night we can start." His smile makes my heart flutter childishly. 

 

"I wanted to celebrate with you tonight," I say lowly into his ear, and Baekhyun's flustered reaction brings me to laughs. 

 

"Tomorrow." He kisses me again before walking towards the door and I'm hit with the strangest sense of deja vu. 

 

(☆^ー^☆)

 

Tao left an hour ago, but I'm still up with my thoughts and I scroll through Baek's Instagram lazily. I see he posted a picture an hour ago. A selfie, in a Japanese-styled restaurant. His parents proudly smiling on both sides.

 

I pout feeling the loneliness cave in the farther I go through his social media. 

 

I'm dialing his number in seconds. 

 

"Chanyeol?" 

 

"Baby you picked up!" I mentally cheer. 

 

"You sound drunk- did you have alcohol?" 

 

 I shake my head, and then remember that he couldn't see me. "No." My mind flashes back to the couple of beers Tao and I shared before he left and I chuckled. "Okay, maybe an eensy bit." 

 

He sighed through the phone. "Whatever will I do with you?" 

 

I hum. "You can marry me?" I suggest. "Come over- We'll have a wedding." I frown when he starts laughing, his voice falling into a whisper. 

 

"My parents aren't asleep my love, and you're drunk. I'll see you tomorrow." 

 

"It's not fair," I whine. "Tonight was supposed to be our night to celebrate. I don't have to keep you a secret anymore. We were supposed to make love all night. I want to make love to you Baek. It's been so long." I dramatically sigh. 

 

"Goodnight baby." 

 

"Now I'm !" I complain. Baekhyun just kisses me through the phone and hangs up, leaving me in a tipsy state and my dirty mind. Eventually, I hold onto my pillow, as if it would turn into Baekhyun somehow overnight. 

 

(☆^ー^☆)

 

I wake up perfectly fine, which was unusual after a night of drinking but I guess I lifted my tolerance level recently. 

 

I do my morning routine sluggishly, and as I'm about to step into the shower my phone rings which leaves me to turn around and answer it. 

 

"Good morning Mr. Park, I'm outside your door." I can hear the cheekiness in his voice. 

 

"Really?" My eyebrows raise in surprise. I wasn't expecting him so early in the morning. It takes a second for me to get a towel and open up for Baekhyun. The latter holding two iced coffees in his hands. 

 

His smile brightens when he sees me, but it doesn't take long for his eyes to travel downward. Baekhyun smirks. "Interesting." He walks passed me. 

 

"I was just about to shower!" I explain, feeling the inside of my cheeks burn lightly. 

 

"Go ahead and shower, I'll be in your room or something. My parents left for Japan already so I decided to come here." Baekhyun explains taking a sip of his coffee.

 

"Wait. I want to give you something." I take the copper-colored key I had hidden for almost a week now, and slide it into his fingers. "Can this house be ours now?" 

 

He stares at the key for the longest time until the smallest drops of tears are coming from his eyes. 

 

"Don't cry." I hold his hand gently. 

 

"I- I'm just so happy. I can't help it." He laughs, sobbing softly. 

 

I do my best to kiss his tears away. 

 

"We'll be living here together." He says, more to himself. 

 

"We will-" 

 

Before I could even finish, Bakehyun's lips are on mine. His soft honey kisses turn to needy velvety ones. His hands run up my bare torso and biceps. 

 

"I love you." He breathes. 

 

"I love you too." I snake my arms around his waist. 

 

"You can make love to me now," Baekhyun states ever so softly I almost didn't hear it. 

 

"Right here?" I smirk, suggesting the granite counter beside us. 

 

"Yes please." Baekhyun shocks me once more bringing me down to his body level. This Baekhyun turns out to be a demanding one, and I can't help but like it. The confident, loud, and y Baek that begs for more when I take him on the cool counter. 

 

He doesn't stop me as we go to the couch in the living room for round two and encourages us to go to the bedroom for round three. 

 

"Let me ride you." He whispers, tracing the hickey patterns now sprawled across my chest. 

 

"What?" I gulp, almost frightened by how energetic he was so early in the morning. 

 

Baekhyun's pout shuts me up, and I turn us over so he was sitting on my torso. My little guy is impossibly ready for another round. "Go ahead, baby." I urge as he lowers himself down. Our moans coming out perfectly in synch. Baekhyun blissfully bites his lip, moving his hips rhythmically, until I'm whimpering for release. 

 

"One in the shower?" He asks after we've calmed down.

 

With a smile, I lead him to the shower and press him against the cool tile. The hot water fogged up everything and made the air impossibly hotter. The closed area echoed every noise and I wish I could savor every bit of Baekhyun at this moment. 

 

The evidence of what we finished doing falls down the drain quickly and my boyfriend turns around hugging me. The water falling down his, now soaked, hair. 

 

"Are you okay?" I look down, afraid he's hurt in any way. 

 

"I'm happy you were my teacher." He says. 

 

"You've been practicing?" I say once I realize his words didn't come out in our native language. 

 

"From Kris." He admits, stepping back to get the shampoo bottle. 

 

" I love you"  I chuckle switching off the showerhead to the normal faucet. I wanted to lay with him in a bed of water, so I can bathe my baby while playing with his hair.  

 

"I love you too Mr. Park."