Eleven

Mr. Park

"This is boring," I whine to Sehun referring to the math paper consisting with letters and numbers. "Sehunnie... Help me." 

 

I lift my voice purposely aware of the fact that he falls for it every time. No one can resist me. 

 

A chuckle leaves my friend's lips. "I can't. I'll end up doing all your work. Again." 

 

"But. I'm not as smart as you." I retort slowly sliding my paper to his side with a smirk on my face.  

 

Sehun sighs and I know I got him. He takes the pencil from my hand and starts solving the problems one by one. 

 

We are in his apartment yet again. For some reason, I find the atmosphere of Sehun's place so comforting. Also, the reason was that the scent of Mr. Park had still lied within the room and I didn't want anyone disrupting the unfamiliar aroma. 

 

I bury my face into the nearest pillow trying to hide the blush now coating my ears and cheeks.

 

"Stop being cute. I'm trying to concentrate." Sehun says with a serious tone. 

 

"Yah! Why are you bossing your Hyung around." 

 

My friend cracks a smile and mutters a small 'mianhae'. "You know..." He inquires after a while. "I saw your English teacher yesterday." 

 

I tense up, frowning at his words. "What?" 

 

"Yeah. It was weird, I went to get some Thai food, and he was exercising with two other guys in the gym. I saw it through the window. Man, he's ing buff for an English teacher." Sehun rants solving another problem, 

 

I let out a nervous sigh of relief. "Is he?" I question even though I damn well know how hot my English teacher is. . 

 

What if he told me he saw Mr. Park exiting my apartment? I'd have to make up some tutoring excuse. 

 

A waft of panic flies through me. ! We're both so careless. 

 

"Done." Sehun gives me back my paper totally unaware to the internal meltdown I just had. 

 

"Thanks." I sheepishly take my paper back from him. 

 

"Wait." Sehun cuts me off. "That's going to cost you." 

 

"And what will my broke have to offer you," I state with a smug look. 

 

He replies with the same expression. "A kiss." 

 

I scoff. "Sehunnie. You're getting so desperate." I sit up anyways leaning my face into his. Our eyes meet and I could see the excited glimmer in his features. I inhale dramatically before putting both hands on his face and moving his head to the side in order to kiss his cheek. 

 

Sehun cups his cheek with a pout. "Baek! You're such a tease." 

 

I shrug. "Can't help that everyone loves me. Can I?" 

 

"Cocky bastard." 

 

I go to return with a smug comeback until his phone chimes ceasing our bickering.

 

"Minseok and Jongdae would like us to go to the movies with them." He rephrases the text message. 

 

"Now?" 

 

"Yeah." 

 

"I don't want to," I complain. "They always end up doing coupley things and it's uncomfortable." 

 

"That's why you have me." Sehun smiles tossing his sweater at me. "Let's go. I wanted to go out anyways." 

 

(☆^ー^☆)

 

We meet the two lovebirds by the movie theater entrance. 

 

Minseok's outfit piques my interest upon sight.  He's wearing a black turtle neck with the sleeves coming down past his wrists, and skinny pants squeezing in his figure. A simple outfit that he made look so good. I almost fanboy internally that my friend has finally found fashion. 

 

"Hey. You came!" He greets Sehun and I cheerfully, before any one of us can respond, Jongdae appears bringing justice to the so-called, boyfriend look. He has on a pair of loose sweatpants and a white t-shirt. The more I look, I could swear he started to work out. 

 

I feel myself pout once remembering how single I am. Minseok grabs ahold of Jongdae's arm as he pulls out four tickets. "You two are paying for the snacks."

 

"What are we watching by the way?" I furrow my brows. I realize that I had never asked what I came to the theaters in the first place. 

 

"A movie called Method." Xuimin pipes up. He chooses not to provide any more detail and shuffles us into the theaters. 

 

We pick a seat not too close to the screen and sit down, while the trailers for other upcoming Korean movies, I feel a tug on my sweater. "Let's get snacks before it starts," Sehun whispers in my ear. 

 

I agree, mostly because I'm not interested in the upcoming movies when Netflix is available. He grabs my hand and leads me out the dark room to the front of the building where the drinks and snacks are displayed. 

 

"What do you think they want to eat?" I ask with a pout eying the candy section in particular. 

 

Sehun chuckles beside me. "Let's just get them popcorn and some drinks." He follows my gaze. "Get whatever you want I'll pay for it." 

 

"I can pay Sehunnie." I insist ready to pull out my wallet, but his hand grips tighter on mine. "It's fine, this is a date after all." 

 

I feel my own breath hitch. Date??? What does he mean? "Um Sehun." We walk up to the counter where he proceeds to order not even acknowledging me anymore. I bite my lip wondering if I should mention something or leave him to believe this is an actual date. I sigh. Maybe he's saying a date, as in a date. Like not a date. Date.

 

Right? 

 

I help him with the snacks back to our seats and we come on time because the last trailer just finishes as we sit down. 

 

(☆^ー^☆)

 

[semi spoilers for those interested in the movie]

 

The credits start to roll and I end up wiping the tears from my eyes again. This movie was beyond beautiful. My friends start to rise from their seats yet I just sit there, numb, trying to process the events just played. 

 

"Are you really crying?" Jongdae laughs grabbing Minseok by the waist. 

 

"I -it's just so sad!" I sob, wanting desperately to stop the flow of tears pooling from my eyes. 

 

"How was it sad?" Sehun looks at me. He looks at me gently, I don't notice how he softens his voice just a bit. 

 

"Reality ruined it." I pout. "They realize they're imitating the love of their characters. Not their true feelings." 

 

Sehun's face softens and he cracks a smile. "Yeah, but it's just a movie." 

 

"Yeah but. It happens all the time. Especially for same- couples. Society defiles them, their emotions, their feelings. Jae Ha had a wife, yeah? But, Yeong Woo..." I realize what a blubbering mess I became in the theater while my three friends stare at me with their eyebrows raised.

 

I can't explain my emotions. 

 

"C'mon." Sehun motions for me to get up. "Let's go."