One

Mr. Park

"Please." I hear for the hundredth time this morning. 

 

I swiftly turn and hold up my controller in a threatening manner. "I swear to heaven and earth you say please one more ing time." 

 

He looks at me with those big doe eyes. "Please?" 

 

"JONGIN!" I scream chasing my friend up the stairs of our apartment, the controller now forgotten. 

 

I'm going to slap him square in the face with my bare hands, and trust me when I say I will make it hurt.

 

He runs to the kitchen and around the dining table. I come close to grabbing his stupid hair just for me to bump into a nearby wall. Hear his laughter from upstair, I shout curse words and stop  briefly to rub my paining toe.

 

"JONGIN GET YOUR BACK HERE." I run up to his bedroom but he's already safely inside with the door completely locked. 

 

I huff and bang on it. "I'm not going to that club." 

 

Jongin's whine is easily heard from the other side of the barred door. "Why not." He draws out the last word like a spoiled kid. 

 

"Because-" I state trying to get my reasons in order. I have many but they simply wouldn't cut for my annoying roommate. 

 

"- because you keep hooking up with that bartender leaving me to find a ride home myself." 

 

I could almost see the pink blush that is probably painted on his face right now.

 

 A couple weeks ago, Jongin met some bartender by the name of Do Kyungsoo. A cute small college student that could easily be mistaken for a kid. He had a fiery soul and a snappy attitude that for some reason attracted the likes of my roommate, Kim Jongin, who has made it his mission to see this bartender regularly. Like every week.

 

"I dont always do that." I could imagineJongin's pout clearly and I smile victoriously. 

 

"Please come with me. Jondae is out on a date with Minseok tonight." 

 

I mentally curse those two for still being so romantically involved with each other after a year. But I stay silent beyond the door with my arms crossed, then I frown realizing I'm his backup plan, Jondae being his first choice. 

 

How rude.

 

"Fine!" He whines. "If you go this time. it'll be the last time I ask you." 

 

My ears perk up at the offer. "Last time?" 

 

"Last Time." 

 

"The last time?" I repeat making sure I'm hearing this right. 

 

"The LAST TIME." 

 

I think about it for a couple of seconds. "Last time?" 

 

"Its THE ING LAST TIME I JUST SAID IT." 

 

I chuckle. "Promise?" 

 

He opens his door ajar and sticks out his pinky finger which happened to be larger than mine when we intertwine them. After we let go a part of me suddenly believes he crossed his fingers behind his back. 

 

My slanted eyes squint into his to detect any lies but he looks down at his watch after giving me a sly smile. "We should be going in an hour." 

 

I release a gasp. "An hour! But-" 

 

"I call the bathroom first." He runs pass me to the bathroom across the hall which gave me no choice but to use the downstairs bathroom. I am so getting him back for this whole entire situation. An evil smirk appears on my face as painful ideas literally slap me in the head. I should throw him in a pool of sharks. HA.

 

I grab a towel from my room and head downstairs to the smaller guest bathroom. A shower felt really nice simply because I haven't had class in like three days so I never felt a need to get cleaned. It was a waste of water. However, I was planning on taking one later today but Jongin has other plans. 

 

After re-scrubbing and rinsing for the third time, I sniff under my arm to make sure the smell of soap was engraved into my body, then I turn off the water and wrap a towel around my skinny waist. 

 

"BAEKHYUN!" I hear from upstairs as soon as I carefully leave the bathroom closing the door nehind myself.  My eyes roll automatically. Apparently, instead of having a roommate I'm babysitting a child more or less. I walk upstairs with an unamused expression to see Jongin completely looking for clothes. 

 

It doesn't surprise me, but I'm still disappointed.

 

"I don't know what to wear." He pouts throwing his clothes around and sitting on his bed, his junk flopping around. I shudder and make a mental note not to ever sit on his bed. 

 

"Just wear nothing. Kyungsoo likes you that way." I smirk with a raised eyebrow. 

 

Jongin glares at me, a blush clearly covering his face. He picks up a pillow and throws it at me, but I dodge last minute laughing hysterically and walking to my room across from his.

 

I close the door behind me and drop the towel walking to my closet now aware of the fact that I too do not have any clothes. It doesn't matter however, because I am not going to a bar to look good but to support a friend. 

 

I still want to look good though. 

 

I need to go shopping. I think to myself. Maybe I'll find an attractive man that'll be willing to spend money on me for clothes, but all sugar daddies are so old. I shudder. No thank you. I pull out a pair of black skinny jeans and a button down long sleeved. That's about the most decent thing I have in my dresser. 

 

That's simply because I forgot to do the laundry. Wait, it was Jongin's week to do it though. My hatred for that boy just increases every second. I hope he has no good clothes in that stupid closet of his.

 

I change into the clothes and add a simply large choker. 

 

"Should I wear makeup?" I ask Jongin from across the hall opening my door wide open but then I cringe. That sounded pretty girlish right? 

 

"Yeah. You look so hot with make up." He purposely s the top three buttons on his shirt which in my opinion does not suit him AT ALL. "No homo." He adds after some seconds. 

 

"No homo? You're gay!" I put on eyeliner carefully but it was difficult with my blood pressure rising from my dumb roommate. 

 

"Biual." He corrects. 

 

I would roll my eyes but I am too busy waiting for the top eyeliner to dry, so I mentally roll my eyes, even though it wouldn't change anything. After we finish get ready, he grabs my hand and leads me to our car. 

 

"I call driving." He takes the keys from my hands and I shrug switching to the passenger's side. 

 

The Korean sky was dark on our side of the road and the parting sun on the other side. The moon was barely visible and the stars were still sleeping unable to be seen in the night. I climb into the passenger seat and relax while Jongin drives us there. 

 

***

 

EXODUS is the name of the bar. It's a pretty wide one story place that for some reason occasionally got crowded often and had amazing HD speakers. It was hard to catch up with Jongin after he left the car, but I knew where to find him. Of course he'd be bothering that shorty bartender. I took my time walking into the bar because I knew people were staring at me. 

 

Now, I'm not usually one to enjoy unnecessary attention but in a bar it's kind of nice. Gross, but nice. Even though I knew I wasn't going to let anyone touch me. Especially not the cougars with mommy kinks, probably. I cringe for the third time this night. 

 

Once I make my way to the bar, I see Jongin with wide eyes watching Kyungsoo flip around drinks. His hands work at an extremely fast pace mixing cocktails and lighting drinks on fire. I admit its very entertaining to watch. Especially how Jongin would smile and turn away everytime Kyungsoo winked in his direction.

 

I order the first alcoholic beverage I see on the menu board and cross my legs watching the lights flicker before me. Clubs were aesthetic in a way.

 

They were surreal, a kind of place where people let loose to be themselves despite the dangers outside. They become someone who they weren't even sure existed, but it's okay to them because they prefer that person and this scenery.

 

I laugh. These people are pathetic. 

 

I gulp down the drink with ease ordering another one and look up to see Kyungsoo smiling for the first time all night. Jongin whispers something in his ear which make them both erupt in laughter. My heart hurts a little watching because they make a cute couple I must admit, and being single sometimes hurts.

 

"Can I buy you the next drink?" 

 

I look up to see a tall figure hovering over me. His features aren't clear yet his voice is oddly familiar. Lights flash creating shadows to dance around him and I shrug. I mean, like it's a free drink, don't judge. He sits down beside me and I smile downing the drink as soon as the person places it down.

 

I feel myself start to get tipsy realizing I'm close to my alcoholic limit. "Its not fun out there." I hear him yell in my ear. 

 

The bartender sets down a drink for the both of us again and this time he gulps it down. 

 

"If that's your way to get me to leave and sleep with you. Your pick up line failed." I sip the next drink slowly. 

 

His chuckle was deep and attractive. Sudden frustration builds in me. How come I can't I see his face properly? "What's your name." I give an amused smirk and my lips. 

 

"Chanyeol." He reaches out his hand and I shook it in return. His strong grip and soft hands arouses me a bit, even though I know it's only the alcohol's fault. 

 

"Yours?" He yells over the music. I just give him a smile but refuse to answer the question.

 

 We talk about interesting topics as soon as I change the subject, and as the night went on the more people flooded into EXODUS. 

 

"Do you want to get out of here?" He whispers the words I wasn't sure were going to come at all tonight. I turn to find Jongin or Kyungsoo so I can make up the excuse I came here with a friend and they were going to pick me up. However, they are no where to be seen and I am left here to catch a ride with a stranger again. 

 

I nod kind of reluctantly and the stranger gives a smile taking me by the hand gently. 

 

"My place?" He asks.

 

I sigh and nod again. This isn't a thing I'd do but I just don't want to come home to hear Jongin ing the life out of his bartender. Trust me, it's happened before. 

 

We walk out of the noisy area and to the back where I'm assuming his car probably is. Even though we were out of the dark club I still couldn't see this guy's face, and I wonder If he could see my face too.

 

He opens the passenger side for me and I get in greatful for his manners. He looks at me once before getting in the drivers side.