Twenty

Mr. Park

Chanyeol's POV

 

The drive home consists of me belting out lyrics from songs the radio provides. I can't help it. I'm just so happy. 

 

Baekhyun makes me happy. As I take a turn I feel my heart slow down, I only hope this feeling stays this way. I try to think back to my first love, who was the first person to make me feel so giddy, though all my thoughts come back to Baekhyun. 

 

He's invaded my mind.

 

As I pull into my driveway, I notice a familiar car in my driveway. However, It didn't belong to either Tao or Luhan. 

 

There's an outline of a silhouette hunched over at my doorstep as I park my car. A figure I can't forget no matter how much I try. 

 

"Mina?" I say carefully as I approach the entrance to my house. 

 

My ex-girlfriend picks herself up and a smile appears on her face. "Channy! I've missed you, a lot."

 

"What are you doing here?" I ask, confusion bubbles within me as I try to mentally cope with her being right in front of me. I haven't seen nor spoken to her since we broke up. Since I had caught her cheating on me. 

 

"For work..." She states slowly. "I thought I should drop on by, see if you're doing okay." 

 

"I'm doing fine." My tone comes out a little more defensive than intended. 

 

Mina tucks a bit of hair behind her ear, a habit she never lost. The woman I once loved meets my eyes with hers, and within seconds is enveloping me in a hug. 

 

I don't hug her back but I don't push her off as I should. Her usual perfumed scent wafts around me, and for a second I'm taken back into old times. Finally, I pry her off gently. She doesn't feel as good as she used to, because she's not Baekhyun.

 

"Well, I'm doing great. It was really nice to see you but I have papers to grade." 

 

"Wait." She stops me as I insert the key to my place. "I don't have anywhere to stay." 

 

Mina lives about an hour or two away from me, we made it work until I asked her to live with me a while into the relationship. 

 

Due to having a semi-flexible job as a realtor she traveled within a certain radius in order to sell houses. So I assume, she's back because of another lonely house which is in need of a family. 

 

Yet, why come to me? 

 

"There's a hotel a couple of blocks from here." I turn the key and open my door. 

 

"I know... But I was hoping to stay with you. Please?" Mina bows while I stand there with a brow raised. It's when I huff in agreement when she lifts her head. 

 

"You can use the guest room on the first floor," I say wanting her as away from me as possible. I don't offer to help her with her bags, instead, I storm straight upstairs wondering if I'm being immature or not. 

 

I still have a lot of questions and pent up anger. Feelings she brought up. It doesn't take long before I'm dialing Baekhyun's number. I'm already calming down from the thought of my beautiful boyfriend. That beautiful boyfriend, however, doesn't pick up.