Twenty-One

Mr. Park

Baekhyun's POV

 

I scrunch my nose. Damn it. He saw. I'm dead. "Uhhhh." That's the brightest thing that can come out of my mouth right now. 

 

Sehun lifts his hands up at me in frustration. "That was Mr. Park, wasn't it? I'm not going crazy." He turns on his heels, but I grab him by his shirt. 

 

"Wait a minute. Let's just talk inside okay?" I worry about him having a fit and bursting out on me in public.

 

 Sehun allows me to drag him into the recently cleaned apartment, and the sweet aroma of Lavender seems to calm us both down. Only for a couple of seconds. 

 

"You know what... I'm ing done." Sehun shoves my hand off of his shirt, and I'd be lying if I say it doesn't hurt. The action alone was enough to allow tears to form in my chest. 

 

"Done doing what?" 

 

"Done loving you," Sehun admits. His harsh tone echoes through the room. 

 

His confession hits me in the gut as if a knife were driven through it because this wasn't what I had wanted. I didn't want our friendship to ever be ruined. By anything, yet that's what I was doing years in the making by pushing myself onto Sehun day by day.

 

"Don't act as if you weren't aware of the fact Baekhyun. I have been in love with you since we met, you can't tell me you didn't know. I've dropped so many hints... Gave you all of my time." 

 

"As a friend Sehunnie." My voice cracks and he winces back the moment I reach for him. 

 

"I will never be good enough right?" Though his eyes are filled with tears, his face is morphed with anger. "No matter what I do, I'm not a man enough for you." 

 

I swallow not able to answer. Junmyeon was right about Sehun's feelings for me and I have been oblivious to it all. Not oblivious, I denied everything because I didn't want it to be true. 

 

"But Mr. Park." Sehun continues his rant, while I stay silent like a scolded child. "You'd rather a teacher than date me right?"

 

"We're officially dating Sehun," I explain all while keeping my voice down.

 

"You can't say you didn't him first though." He snaps back, wounding me yet again, this time with his words. 

 

I frown, clenching my fists at my side. 

 

"He's only using you Baekhyun."

 

"He's not." 

 

"He is! What else would an older man like him what with a young impressionable boy like you besides your body? I knew you got around sometimes but Baekhyun really... Your teacher?" 

 

The tears start to fall at that point. I can't help it, though I don't want to but hearing my best friend insult me in such a way. It ing hurts. I lift my hand up to meet his cheek aggressively with a slap. The sound can be heard even upstairs. 

 

Sehun's features soften as he touched the reddening spot on his face. "I deserved that." He the inside of his cheek. He gets closer to me, up to the point where he's towering over me. "Choose me instead, Baekhyun. I'm begging you." 

 

As he leans down to kiss me, I move out the way, earning the hardest glare I've ever seen Sehun give. "Don't do this." I plead. "Don't end our friendship."

 

He winces at the word 'friend' and before he could answer my phone interrupts the heated energy with a passive blare. I grab it from my pocket only to have Sehun take it from me, gazing at the caller ID. 

 

"It looks like the answer is already given." Sehun shoves the phone at me and storms out. 

 

I see Chanyeol's name, and a picture of us together and I can't help but smile. He knows exactly when to call, exactly when I need him. But I decline, not wanting to shove my problems on him. As if things couldn't get any worse, Jongin jogs down the staircase. A familiar look of pity in his eyes. 

 

"What Sehun said was ed up." 

 

"You heard all that huh?" I sniff and wipe my nose with my sleeve. 

 

"Yeah. It uh- kind of stopped me and Kyungsoo from boning," 

 

I roll my eyes letting out a laugh. "Really Jongin?" More tears fall out only reminding me off the awful event that just happened. 

 

"The mood was completely ruined man. I should beat his for killing my time." 

 

"Go ahead." I walk upstairs to my room and slam the door shut. 

 

(☆^ー^☆)

 

"Sehun's acting weird." Junmyeon states. Yixing nods in agreement and I sigh. I guess he didn't tell them.

 

It's the day after my big fight with Sehun and I don't have a class with Chanyeol today. I'm not sure to be relieved or upset to face him. Would he be upset that I didn't answer nor return his call last night? 

 

"He found out about you know who?" I say. I would say his name since Junmyeon is aware that Mr. Park and I are an ongoing item, however, Yixing isn't. I honestly don't want any more people knowing. 

 

"Who?" The short idiot replies, looking up as if he's trying to remember something. I glare at him. " "OH! Him." He suddenly remembers. 

 

Yixing furrows his brows obviously unaware of the mystery man but doesn't ask questions. Unlike a certain roommate of mine who would pressure me to no end to spill tea. 

 

"Did he react well?" 

 

I shook my head. Disappointment and Shame arrive as I recap everything, though I'm not sure who I'm disappointed and ashamed of. Me or him? 

 

"He said I'm being used for ." I bury my chin within my hands wondering if he's right. Is Chanyeol using me? 

 

We jumped into the relationship so quickly based off of nothing but physical attraction. Kyungsoo and Jongin did it as well, but the sparks were there. They still are despite the fact they replicate heated bunnies. Do Chanyeol and I have sparks?

 

"Stop thinking so much." Yixing flicks the middle of my forehead. "You'll get wrinkles." 

 

"Sehun will come around," Junmyeon adds as I rub the spot his boyfriend maltreated with his stupid fingernail. I pout not believing their words one bit.