Twelve

Mr. Park

Chanyeol's POV

 

I'm not a stalker. I mean, I wouldn't call it stalking. 

 

I saw Baekhyun exit the theater and I couldn't stop the small smile that appeared on my face, but that smile didn't last long once I saw a familiar kid leave the store and immediately intertwine his fingers with Baek's. 

 

I may or may not have ended up following just to see if Baekhyun had a secret lover that I wasn't aware of. 

 

Baekhyun doesn't seem to mind the tall kid's fingers intertwined with his. In fact, he leans in and nuzzles his head under the guy's shoulder, and to be honest, I feel as though I should be the one to be holding his hand. 

 

I notice how they, along with two other kids, walk into a fancy store within the mall and I don't fight the urge to follow them. Okay... I guess I'm stalking now. 

 

"Sehunnie let's check out the socks." I heard Baekhyun's light voice say dragging his friend with him. 

 

Sehun. I vaguely remember his name now. Yet that's only my second thought. My first thought is Baekhyun likes socks? The Sehun kid agrees almost immediately and gets rewarded with a small kiss on the cheek as they go towards the section where knee-high socks hung against the rack. 

 

I already feel the sadness sinking in, and decide it's my time to go. 

 

"Mr. Park?" 

 

I turn around to see Baekhyun looking at me with curious eyes. He notices how I look down at his fingers overlapping Sehun's and rushes to remove their hands from each other. "What are you doing here?" 

 

I didn't expect that question. "Well, you see... I was just." I look around until a sudden realization hits me about where I was. A shop. My face burns and I almost imagine how red my ears are turning. Why did Baekyun just have to enter a shop with some guy?

 

"I was looking for handcuffs...?" My answer draws out to a question and I see Sehun's eyebrows raise. Holy hell this is embarrassing. 

 

"Is that so?" Baekhyun bites his lip gently before smirking slightly. "Do you want me to show you where they are? If you want." 

 

I gasp internally. He's been here before? My sweet and innocent Baekhyun isn't what he looks like, but I nod nonetheless.

 

He removes himself from Sehun's shoulder and grabs me by my wrist. "Sehunnie, tell Jongdae and Minseok that I'll meet them at the food court when they're done shopping." 

 

Once it becomes the two of us, Baekhyun leads me to the back of the store and I try desperately to divert my eyes from the mature toys on display until I see the shiny silver metals glinting from the lamps above.

 

"Is there anything specific you're looking for?"

 

I snort. "You sound like you work here."

 

"I used to."

 

"Oh... Really?"

 

He gives me a side smile. "I'm just kidding." Then he leans in. "Between me and you, Jongdae drags me along here occasionally."

 

I nod in relief. Baekhyun is innocent.

 

"Back to the handcuffs..." He reminds me. "Who are they for?"

 

There is a flirty gleam in his smile. You can notice it in his eye too. "They're for a student of mine." I flirt back.

 

"And who might that be?" His faux oblivion adds to his attractiveness the way his lashes fell against his cheeks with one wink.

 

"Now that's a secret but- you can help me pick out one."

 

Baekhyun hums walking forward to a pair of pink fuzzy handcuffs. "These." He picks them up and twirls them within his forefinger before placing them in my possession.

 

"Anything else you think my student would like?" I ask. "Perhaps some socks..."

 

He intakes a sharp breath. "Socks are... Attractive."

 

"Where are they?"

 

Baekhyun's soft hands once again intertwine with mine and I could no longer deny the unbelievable crush I have for this student of mine. 

 

"These are my favorites." He points towards a wall of socks. 

 

"Any pair I should get you?" I ask. 

 

"Moi?" He points to himself. "Mr. I could never... Plus Sehunnie gets me them all the time." 

 

My blood raises slightly at the mention of his clingy friend. "I don't like you with him..." I say before I realize it. 

 

"What?" 

 

I let out a sigh removing my hand from his. "I wasn't here for anything, I saw you walk in here and I wanted to talk but I saw you two together and I got jealous. I was about to walk out but, you saw my first." 

 

My confession rambles into a rant and I end with an ashamed pout. Purposely, I don't tell him that I followed him from the theaters. 

 

"Really?" He smiles. A cute bunny like grin. "There's nothing between Sehun and me, we're just friends. I promise." 

 

Despite his insisting I still frown. "He looks like he's madly in love with you." 

 

Baekhyun laughs. "Sehun is just like that." 

 

"From now on, I buy your stuff okay?"

 

The man his head to the side. "Like a sugar daddy?" 

 

I almost choke on his words... Is he into that type of thing? 

 

"What was it you wanted to tell me?" He pipes up. "I have to go meet my friends soon, or they'll come looking for me." 

 

"Baekhyun, Go on a date with me."