Seventeen

Mr. Park

Sehun's POV (Surprise) 

 

My bed feels so painfully empty without a certain wavy-haired brunette beside me. I rest my head on my forearm and sigh. He hasn't come back from his date last night and a sharp pain runs through me towards my heart as I realize why. 

 

If any word can describe Byun Baekhyun, it's seductive. I don't want to initially jump to conclusions and assume Baek is having with some mystery man but who wouldn't want to taste him just once. 

 

Baek is also the type to give into lust and desire so easily, the only reason we haven't done it is that I want him to love me when we do. Yet, at this rate, I won't get anywhere. He only sees me as a mere friend. A brother even. 

 

:( 

 

I wonder who this mystery man is. Baekhyun hasn't so much as mentioned a certain lover in years though I know there have been flings. No one good enough for him to accept an actual date. As soft as the boy may look, he's really picky. I roll over and check my phone. 11:55 am.

 

It's ridiculous how I'm sitting here. On a Saturday afternoon waiting for the only man, I have ever loved while he frolics with whomever. The thought of Baekhyun laughing with someone else while they pulled him closer to them possessively. Someone else's hands intertwined with Baek's slightly smaller ones. How another person will get the pleasure of hearing the man's moans that only I hear in my dreams. 

 

I start to get anxious, and upset. All these thoughts only fuel my insecurities and my anger. 

 

With my bare torso and a pair of shorts, I run out needing a way to calm down and running should do just the trick. I don't automatically start considering I first need to bring my keys and wallet. Basic necessities, and shove them into my pocket, I don't bring my phone knowing I'd want to call Baek any chance I can get. 

 

The neighborhood is very lively. I notice along the way, and despite the fact that my apartment building is one of the closest ones near campus, not a lot of students lives in it. Probably, not being able to afford it. Most of the steam I have built up disappears after about half an hour of running when the sweat starts to become bothersome. 

 

With little to no breath left, I stop running and take a breather, and I notice I'm quite back where I started. A dark vehicle pulls up while I double over and gasp for breath and there he is. The man that's been evading my mind for about 3 years. 

 

I only watch from afar as Byun Baekhyun gets out of the passenger seat and goes over to the driver's side from outside. He then stays there, leaning his chin on the open window listening intently to whoever is inside the car. My heart leaps at the sight of his smile and I'm so curious as to who makes him look so happy, though I'm frozen in my spot. 

 

Baekhyun grins again. This time leaning in to attach his lips to the strangers. I only catch his sunglasses and quiffed hair. Jealousy sparks another surge of heat within me, and I start sprinting once more, avoiding the side of the street where Baek is. 

 

Why can't it be me that he loves? 

 

What's wrong with me? 

 

Baekhyun. Why can't you see I'm the one for you? 

 

This time, I run on the opposite side of Baekhyun and his secret lover. So that way, they don't see me and how close I am to crying. I hate getting emotional especially over Baekhyun, perhaps I am weak which is why Baek needs a stronger man. 

 

I stop once more, my emotions becoming too much to go on. 

 

"Baekhyun." I groan leaning against the nearest wall. 

 

People pass by me, some giving me weird glances, others that are mostly female blush the moment their eyes meet my shirtless top. 

 

 

"Are you alright?" 

 

I look up to see a man. He's shorter than me so I'm forced to look down. "Yeah." I swallow. "Yeah. I'm fine." 

 

"You look like you're about to pass out. Are you a runner?" His pink lips speak directly to me. 

 

"It's been a while since," I admit truthfully, now aware of how thirsty I am and upset that I didn't bring a bottle with me. Yet, if I had run with a bottle it would lose the point of blowing off steam spontaneously. 

 

"My friends work out all the time, so I'm used to the symptoms of overexertion." 

 

"I didn't overexert myself," I reassure the kid. 

 

"I'll get you some water. My friend Tao should be back with some." 

 

"Listen, Kid. I appreciate your kindness but I'm alright." I say harsher than necessary but I didn't feel the need to be talked to by some shorty. 

 

"I'm actually 26 years old." His arms fold over his chest. 

 

Twenty-six!? He's older than me. 

 

Immediately I bow. "I'm sorry." My hands' press against my palm as another apology. "I didn't know."

 

"It's okay." His chuckle comes out warm. "I get that a lot from people younger than me. Next time just accept someone's kindness." His smile lightens my mood while another man runs up to him. A bottle of ice tea in both hands. 

 

"Man I can't believe Chanyeol kicked us out to leave with- Hello." He smiles upon seeing me staring. 

 

The man whose name I still don't know yet grabs one of the bottles and s it at me. "I'm Lu Han."