Twenty-two

Mr. Park

Sehun's POV

 

"I'm such a !" I kick the dresser that was innocently standing beside my bedside. The wooden furniture topples over landing with a satisfying thud. 

 

My mind keeps replaying the image of Baekhyun's distraught face after I said those mean and hateful things to him. At the time, it wasn't me talking. It was my frustration and pent up anger, that Baekhyun would choose literally anyone over me.

 

Now, it's just overwhelming sadness and disappointment within myself. Every inch of my being wants to rush to him and apologize, rubbing both hands together and sacrificing my pride, begging for forgiveness... but, do I deserve it? It's no secret I've been avoiding everyone remotely connected to Baekhyun and I. Seeing them is a constant reminder of what a horrible friend I have become. I get lonelier by the day. 

 

I can't just stay in my apartment room and wallow in self-pity. So, the next option that pops into my mind is the club that is supposedly in the middle of town.

 

I hesitate because I've never been to a club before. The only person to ask me was Jongin. He begged countless times so he could have someone with him when he goes to see Kyungsoo. 

 

It doesn't take long before I'm seated at one of plump bar stools enjoying the lighting. It's not too late into the night, just around 8pm and I see Kyungsoo, with his short yet intense self walking over to me. 

 

"Fancy to see you here." He muses. 

 

"I needed a night out I guess." I shrug. 

 

A person orders a specific drink, to which he nods and scurries to mix two drinks together. His hands are swift, and a small smile is placed upon his face. Its so memorizing, you aren't really sure what to look at. 

 

He raises the finished cup over a glass and watches as he pours the alcoholic drink before sliding the glass to the satisfied customer. This bar, EXODUS isn't bad at all. If anything, the aptmosphere is kind of nice. 

 

"I heard you got into a fight with Baekhyun." Kyungsoo returns his attention back to me.

 

"Word spreads around huh?" 

 

"No. Like I literally heard it. I was upstairs." 

 

A cringe forces within me. "I was horrible right? Ugh." I shove my face in my hands and groan. 

 

"Take it easy." Kyungsoo puts a hand on my shoulder. "He'll forgive you, you are his best friend after all, but you need to move on Sehun. you won't get anywhere if you don't." 

 

A transparent liquid pours into a glass and is shoved into my space. "Drink this." Kyungsoo smiled "On the house." 

 

"I- I don't drink." 

 

"Its not alcoholic. Don't worry." 

 

I spend the night watching Jongin's boyfriend mix drinks and serve costumes all while sipping on the non-alcholic fruity beverage he had provided. 

 

The moment it hit eleven, he salutes me. "This is where my shift ends. Don't do anything stupid." 

 

"Thank you for not hating me." I smile.

 

"Its not a big deal, sometimes it happens. I can give you a ride home if you want." 

 

"I bought my car." 

 

With my explanation, Kyungsoo leaves answering a phone call from his one and only love. 

 

I get up to leave, acknowledging the fact that I have school tomorrow even though they are only afternoon classes. 

 

"Can I get you anything?" The new bartender asks me. 

 

Short, quiffed light brunette, pretty pink lips, and a soft tone. He looks familiar, though I couldn't quite recall meeting him. 

 

"I was just leaving." I mutter. 

 

His smile falls, though he hides it advancing another grin. 

 

"Have we met?" 

 

"Are you serious?" He starts tying his uniform in the front. "You don't remember." 

 

"Sorry, its been a long week." 

 

The bartender chuckles. "You were running, and I offered you a drink. You called me 'kid'." 

 

Vaguely, I started to remember the emotions which led to me spontaneously going for a run and meeting this person. 

 

"The twenty-six year old." I nod. "I remember now." 

 

"Yeah... Are you usually this grumpy, or did something happen?" 

 

"Yes. and yes." 

 

"I'm a bartender so I can listen to other people's tea, you know?"

 

I laugh. "That's a first." 

 

He pours me a drink, and out of sheer kindness, I take it. "What's your name again?" I ask, remembering I didn't quite catch it the first time. 

 

"Its Lu Han. Yours?" 

 

"Sehun." I shake his hand. 

 

"So, Sehun are you going to spill it?" 

 

"Your drink?" I hold up the now-empty glass. 

 

"No, your very interesting problem that led you to a bar." 

 

"Well there's this person-" I sigh. 

 

"Ooh a girl?"

 

"A boy."

 

"Oh." 

 

LuHan refills my drink. 

 

"And he doesn't feel the same way... Is this uncomfortable for you? Like if you aren't comfortable with gays-"

 

"Its okay. Continue." LuHan places his chin on his hand, and his piercing eyes meet mine. I have to look away. 

 

"I finally confessed, but in a horrible way. I was such a douche bag about it. I knew he didn't even like me before but now there's no way he'll ever love me. ." 

 

The bartender takes my hand into his surprisingly soft ones. "Perhaps, its a sign for you to move on. To someone new, and someone who would love you for you."

 

His words made me shy to the point where I had to pull my hands away. "Yea, you're right." 

 

"Or..." He stands up straight, quiffing his hair back with his hands. 

 

"Or what?" 

 

"Or, you could make him jealous. Date someone else, have him realize what a great guy he's letting go." 

 

I frown at the idea. It seems wrong, but at this point I'm so desperate for Baekhyun. "Okay." I agree. "Will you be that person?"

 

He nods. "Wait what?" 

 

"Its your idea." 

 

"B-but I'm not gay." Luhan protests. 

 

"It's only pretend." I pout rubbing my palms together. "Please." 

 

"Fine." The older man gives in with a sigh. "We should exchange numbers then."