Thirty-four

Mr. Park

Baekhyun's POV

 

"I can't believe you did that!" I push past my boyfriend once he unlocks his house door. 

 

The image of Sehun gripping his chin in undoubtful pain forces a frown upon my face. I glare at Chanyeol as he rests his keys down on the counter and shrugs.

 

"Oh come on! I didn't even hurt the kid."  

 

"You er-punched him." I fold my arms in order to prove my point. 

 

Chanyeol chuckles and soon softens upon seeing my reaction. "I'm sorry." He comes closer. "I won't do it again." 

 

"You shouldn't have done it in the first place." 

 

When the man reaches me, his arms wrap protectively around my waist.

 

 "You didn't expect me to see his face and not get revenge for the bastard kissing you. Did you?" 

 

I move my neck and allow him to plant sweet kisses on the uncovered skin. "I was the one who kissed him. So I deserve that punch." I pout.

 

I could feel his frown. "I'd never hurt you." 

 

"I know." 

 

Chanyeol hums and pulls back. We stare at each other for a second before he kisses me, and magically, I feel all the emotion shoved into that one kiss. "I love you." He murmurs against my lips. 

 

I chuckle. "That doesn't stop you from sleeping on the couch." 

 

With a huff, I march upstairs, making sure my pounding footsteps could be heard by the pointy-eared giant. I don't even get comfortable before he's barging into the room. "The couch!?" 

 

I hold my head up. "Yes, sir, not even the guest room. The couch."

 

Suddenly I'm attacked. The force of his weight squeezing me to death. "Chanyeol get off!." I giggle trying to push him off. My attempts fail drastically. 

 

"No." 

 

"You're killing me with your body odor." 

 

"I smell fantastic shut up." He tries to push him armpits towards me, and I use that opportunity to roll from beneath him, Freedom! Chanyeol doesn't notice. Instead, he's too busy laughing his off to the point where I have to throw a pillow at him, 

 

"Jerk." 

 

He gives me one of those signature smirks and rests his head on his palm. "You love me though." 

 

The activity manages to leave me breathless by the time I crawl back into bed, and though I want to scowl at my teacher/boyfriend, I end up grinning ear to ear. How did I manage to get so blessed? I do love him. 

 

"It'd be nice if you moved in," Chanyeol says. For a second, I thought he was just thinking out loud, that I wasn't meant to hear it, but his eyes trail over to me. "What do you think?" 

 

"Let's wait until after graduation," I promise. "Then you can swoop me into your arms, and this bedroom will be ours."

 

Chanyeol's body seemed to heat up at those words. His nose and ears turning light pink, and I suddenly start to gleam over the fact that I can still make Park Chanyeol blush like a teenager. 

 

The man scoots over not hesitating to be big spoon in our sudden canoodle session. 

 

"It's funny," I say. "Usually you'd hear about all these scandals about teachers and their students but, we haven't gotten caught once." 

 

Chanyeol sighs. "Babe don't jinx it." He then laughs. "But- It's college. No one pays attention. Everyone is so focused on their education. Unless we did something extremely stupid, like kiss in the school parking lot, no one would suspect a thing." 

 

I smirk. "We did have in your classroom once. Plus, Junmyeon saw us that one time we-" 

 

"I get it." I feel him tense and then loosen up. "Thank God it was Junmyeon and no one else." He kisses my forehead. "I would've died if I lost you Baek." 

 

I hum and lean into his captivating touch. "You're exaggerating." 

 

"I love you." Chanyeol kisses my nose, and I my head to the side with questioning looks. I don't understand what he had said, since the words were uttered in English. 

 

"What does that mean?" 

 

"It means I love you."

 

"Stop being so cheesy." I scoff, and afterwards I try to say the words back. It ended up sounding weird, inaccurate and foreign. 

 

His hands tighten around my waist and he squeezes my side, so I know he heard me and soon he's snoring lightly next to my ear. 

 

My body feels drained but my mind's keeping me up, so I slide from Chanyeol's grasp and take up my phone from the dresser before going downstairs to make some hot chocolate. 

 

Sehun's phone rings a couple of times before he picks up. "Hello?" His voice is groggy and deep. 

 

"Hey, Sehunnie?" My voice is small, and I bite my lip worried for his response. 

 

There's some shifting in the background before I can hear him more clearly. 

 

"Hey Baek," 

 

I sigh in relief and start to tear up. The past couple of months have been so empty without my bestfriend and his voice sounds like home to me. 

 

"Hey are you crying? What happened?" 

 

I sniff. "I just miss you. A lot." 

 

I hear his rich chuckle from the other end of the line. "I miss you too." 

 

"C-can we go back to the way it was? I'm sorry, for everything I did- I was wrong." I start to actually cry, bawl in fact, I can't help it yet I know I don't have to hide my tears. Not from him. 

 

"Of course we can. Nothing was your fault okay? I promise you, if anything I was in the wrong." 

 

I feel a new wave of tears develop. "Thank you." 

 

Sehun doesn't speak at first, and then says. "LuHan is starting to wake up. I'll talk to you later, yeah?" 

 

He hangs up after I answer with a small "Mhm." 

 

Feeling better, I drink the hot chocolate I momentarily left on the stove, and crawl back into bed with Chanyeol. 

 

"Are you okay?" He mumbles in a sleepy daze after feeling me adjust back into bed. 

 

"Perfectly fine." I smile