*ѕpecιal /ѕυlay/ cнapтer*

Mr. Park

The overhead sound of the final bell rang, signaling the end of yet another school day, and within seconds, students were filing out of SM High. 

 

Many of them wore relieved expressions that the restless seven hours they had prior was over. 

 

Kim Junmyeon stood where he and his friends always met: the towering stop sign near the student parking lot. He was always the first one there because his last period was close to one of the many exists the school had. 

 

He lifted his hands up to block the sun's radiating heat from his eyes, as if his straightened hair didn't do that on its own. 

 

It was only a couple of seconds before a shadow did the deed for him. Yixing was in his personal bubble. His tall frame acting as a shade, and he was always flashing that perfectly bright grin in Junmyeon's direction. 

 

The latter blushed, and looked down to avoid looking his dear crush in the eyes. 

 

"Baekhyun isn't meeting us." Yixing said. "He left early for Daegu with his parents." 

 

"Oh... Okay." He inched away from Yixing, mostly because the heavenly cologne he was wearing made Junmyeon sweat and not because of the sun. 

 

"Lay!" Jongdae screamed, running up to them.

 

Yixing groaned at the nickname. It had started when he expressed his love for America's Lays chips. At the time, he was eating a bag every day until Baekhyun called him 'lay' as a simple joke. 

 

The name had stuck but Yixing detests it considering he hasn't touched a bag of chips since. 

 

Jongdae caught up to the two boys just as Yixing grabbed Junmyeon's hand in his so they could cross the street together. 

 

"Aw you two are so cute it's gross." Jongdae sighed aloud. 

 

"Shut up." Junmyeon felt his ears go hot. 

 

"Oh, how I wish I could meet someone to love me like that." His hands dramatically lay on his heart. "So many fish in the sea, but none for me." 

 

"Just watch where you're going before you get hit." Yixing warned as they crossed another street. 

 

"What? I'm just saying, you two make a lovely couple." 

 

Junmyeon notices Yixing didn't deny the statement, if anything he squeezed Junmyeon's clammy hands. Only for a second though.  

 

Jongdae groaned when no one answered him, in fact, it seemed as if they were ignoring him. "Fine." He humphed. "Keep your secrets." 

 

They walked in silence until Jongdae's suburban apartment came into view. 

 

"Bye lover birds." He waved his fingers at the two and vanished. 

 

"He's something else." Yixing rubbed his face, finally letting go of Junmyeon's hand. 

 

The latter frowned, his fingers suddenly felt very very lonely. 

 

Usually, Yixing would see Junmyeon off then walk the thirty steps to his own house down the road. 

 

But that day, Junmyeon checked his pockets, and every pocket in his backpack before realizing he left his keys. Again.

 

He face palmed turning to his crush and dear friend. "I left my keys inside." He pouted and pointed at the two-story house. 

 

"No worries. Just come to my place." Yixing grinned. 

 

"I don't want to intrude on your family. I can call my dad." Junmyeon was already taking out his cell but Yixing stopped him. 

 

"My family isn't home." 

 

Junmyeon's heart beated harshly for a couple a seconds before he his lips and nodded. 

 

"You've been over before. No big deal." Yixing's words were supposed to be encouraging, yet if anything they triggered Junmyeon. 

 

Yeah, he's been there before but not alone. 

 

Whenever he was by Yixing's place, one or more of their friends were accompanying. If not, Yixing's sister would always be present. 

 

But him alone... In Yixing's big house. He was burning more than ever. 

 

Yixing pulled out his keys and Junmyeon gulped. Why was he so nervous? It wasn't as if the feelings were actually reciprocated. That'd be ridiculous. 

 

Junnyeon knew the house like the back of his hand. He'd been there just as much times. 

 

They stopped past the kitchen. "Do you want snacks or something?" Yixing slowed down to remove his shoes, and the shorter did the same. 

 

"I'm good." 

 

They went to Yixing's bedroom, which was the farthest room from the staircase, and it didn't take long for Junmyeon to get comfortable. 

 

As nervous, and as shy as the boy was. It never took him long to dive into the comfortable sheets of Yixing's bed. He's always had the softest bedsheets, and the warmest comforter that Junnyeon's ever felt before. 

 

In no time, he was snuggled in. 

 

Yixing laughed, taking in the boy's appearance. "How cute." He mumbled, mostly to himself before quickly taking out his phone and snapping a picture. 

 

"Hey no papparazi!" Junmyeon tried to cover his face, but the damage was done. 

 

"Do you want something to drink?" Yixing pocketed his android. "You can pick out a video game, or a movie until your parents get off of work."

 

"Water is just fine." Junnyeon responded already reaching for the remote. 

 

He was still searching for something when Yixing came back with a bottle of chilled water for Junmyeon. 

 

The latter took it and wiped the condensation on his pants after placing it on the nearby dresser. 

 

"You don't want to watch anything?" Yixing noticed that nothing was playing on his television, but Hulu was already up and running. 

 

"If I'm honest, I want to sleep. You can start playing something." Junmyeon was already feeling the weight of the duvet and drowsiness coinciding with one another. 

 

Junmyeon's words slurred as he yawned, wanting nothing more than to dream under the influence of Yixing's scent. His pillow being full of it. That wonderful cologne. 

 

Yixing leaned over, using a finger to delicately run Junmyeon's brunette hair out of his face. He smiled when seeing the latter's face clearly. 

 

"Jongdae was right." He said. "We do make a cute couple. Sadly, we aren't one actually." 

 

Yixing's words forced Junmyeon's eyes to flutter open. "W-wha-" 

 

"I've been hiding it for a while." The teenage boy blushed, then looked away. "I can't hide it anymore Junmyeon. I do like you." 

 

The other buried his head into the pillow, now wide awake from the shock of Yixing's confession. 

 

"Say something. Please." Their was worry within the inked haired boy's voice. 

 

Within seconds, Junmyeon was pulled over and forced to look into Yixing's eyes. He hasn't said a word, but his body seemed to be on fire. 

 

"I'm not crazy. That you feel this too, right?" His hair was falling into his face, unaware that he was pressed closely against Junmyeon. 

 

"You're not crazy." The words came out as a whisper.

 

Yixing looked relieved. He smiled that blinding smile, and leaned down slowly pressing his lips to Junmyeon's. 

 

The kiss was slow at first as if they were testing the waters between each other. Junmyeon felt as if he were dreaming. Yixing's wet tongue brushed over his lips, opening them ajar. 

 

Junmyeon sat up, placing his hands on Yixing's sides and letting out embarrassing whimpers. 

 

"God I waited forever for this." Yixing groaned pressing light kisses to the other's nose, cheeks, forehead and finally to his lips. 

 

Junmyeon shifted so he was straddling Yixing. Their thighs pressed close together. He didn't know what he was doing, he just knew what felt right to him. And being there, in Yixing's arms that felt right. 

 

"I've waited forever too." He pushed his body against his bestfriend, just a little as Yixing kissed behind his ears.