Thirty-One

Mr. Park

Baekhyun's POV 

 

I roll my eyes the moment they meet with Chanyeol's. Childish, I know, but I can't stand that every time I'm in class trying to learn he sends me that look. 

 

The look of despair within his eyes. The way they're pleading to talk to me. Within the month I didn't answer his calls, nor his texts. 

 

Perhaps, I'm being immature and at the same time I feel guilty for kissing Sehun. A moment of weakened judgment on my part. 

 

His eyes meet mine again and I narrow mine, glaring in his direction. Chanyeol pouts and turns back to the board. 

 

"Did you two fight?" Junmyeon whispers in my ear. 

 

"No." I look down and write some notes in my journal. 

 

"Then why you both look like you're lost." 

 

I want to snap at him for prying into my business but instead I sigh and drop my pencil. "We had a small falling out." 

 

"You need to fix it." My friend basically cries. "He's graduating our papers harsher than usual." 

 

I shrug and return to writing simple English phrases down. "Not my problem." 

 

The class draws on as it has been for a month now. 

 

I put my things away just as class is about to end, and turn to my friends. "Hurry up." I try to rush them 

 

"Wait. I need to talk to Mr. Park." Jongin explains. 

 

My frustration is visible, well I hope it is, because by the time everyone else is out of the room I stomp behind my friends with a frown on my face.

 

I use their tall bodies as shields, protecting myself from Chanyeol's stare. I pretend to be more interested in my nails while Jongin asks him questions about some previous assignments which were given. 

 

Chanyeol answers his questions swiftly and coughs when he's finished. 

 

"Can I talk to Baekhyun... if you don't mind?"

 

My backstabbing traitorous freinds agree in a heartbeat leaving me to glare at them as they waltz out of the professor's room. 

 

"Mr. Park what can I do for you?" I flash a fake smile. 

 

"Baek..." His face falters and I suddenly see how tired he looks. Has he been losing sleep? Over me? 

 

I urge him to continue. 

 

"Can you not act so formal with me? Its been a whole month, and... I miss you." 

 

"To be honest, I don't know how to act around you." I shrug. "I want to trust you, but I'm always going to think I'm not good enough." 

 

"No-" Chanyeol reaches out and grabs my hands. 

 

"Yes." I say. "You're a grown man with experiences I haven't discovered yet. Someone else can give you so much more that I can't." 

 

"That's utter bull." Chanyeol exclaims. "You're making excuses not to be with me, and if you want to break up then just say it." 

 

I pull back, suddenly hit with the force of his words. "I don't want to break up with you." 

 

My words come out small and confused. I don't even flinch as he leans down to kiss my nose. "Good." 

 

"But-" 

 

"But what Baekhyun?" 

 

My eyes start to tear up, and soon salty water is dripping from my eyes onto my cheeks. Chanyeol notices, and places his soft hands on my waist all while kissing away the tears. 

 

"I kissed Sehun" I admit looking down. 

 

"You what?" His hands immediately leave my body as quickly as they were placed on. 

 

"That night... but we haven't talked since." 

 

Chanyeol places his head in his hands, and take a deep breath. 

 

"Chanyeol?" I furrow my brows. 

 

"Ugh, this is my fault." He exhales. 

 

"No. It's my fault." I suddenly become scared of his reaction.

 

"I kicked Mina out, I haven't touched her once. Hell, I didn't even look at her." 

 

"I know. I believe you." 

 

"Yet, you're already kissed another guy? You don't have any faith in this relationship do you?"

 

"That's not it." I chew on my bottom lip desperately.

 

"I get it Baekhyun. You're insecure but I love you. How do I get you to see that?"

 

Chanyeol's voice quavers, as if he's going to cry, or yell. 

 

I rush up to him. "I'm sorry baby."

 

Its funny how the tables turn so quickly. One second, I'm mad at him for a reason that's how irrelevant in our relationship, and the next I'm about to drop to my knees and beg him to forgive me. 

 

"I need a break." He sighs. 

 

"A break... up?" My eyes start to water again. 

 

"No, of course not." He pulls me close and kisses me softly. "Just a break. Some time to get the image of Sehun and you out of my head." 

 

"What?"

 

"I can't even look at you, without seeing you with him. The way you'd grip to his arm everyday it's starting to hurt." He places his hands on his chest. 

 

"How long?" I frown, now regretting my decisions. The guilt is finally off my chest but-

 

I may have lost him in the process. 

 

"Not long." His eyes are closed. 

 

I peck his cheek and leave with a heavy heart. 

 

I text Jongin that something came up and I wouldn't be attending our next class, grateful to the fact that I drove the car today.

 

(☆^ー^☆)

 

I've been at the Korean BBQ for an hour now, pouting and downing gogi-gui. Barbeque on my face and hands like I'm an invalid child. 

 

If the day couldn't get worse, the bell chimes signaling the arrival of a costumer. 

 

My head snaps up to the familiar sound of a specific "Hello" towards a waiter. Mina stands there, in full business attire ordering a plate of chicken.

 

I try to make myself invisible by slinking deeply into the velvet booths, or at least wipe the sauce from my fingers. I don't know... anything to look not pathetically broken in front of my boyfriend's ex. 

 

My eyes are still pink and puffy from the amount of crying I did before the plate of food was on my table. 

 

However, luck just doesn't like me today. Mina turns in my direction and looks surprised at first. 

 

My eyes avert hers, trying to desperately look away but its too late. Her heels clank to my table. 

 

I wince, eying her body. Remembering the way she looked, exposed and on top of my boyfriend. Respectfully, I bow in my seat still not meeting her gaze. 

 

"Baekhyun. Is it?" 

 

I nod. 

 

"I'm sorry for the sequence of events that happened last month." 

 

"Uh... Me too." My statement comes out more like a question. 

 

"You really broke him. All month, he'd just mope around the house, he doesn't eat if I don't feed him. Chanyeol's a real baby I swear." 

 

I furrow my brows. Didn't Chanyeol say he kicked her out? Wasn't he done with her? 

 

"I want to thank you." She placed her hands on mine. "With you staying away from Chanyeol, I can get my baby back. He's been stubborn about it, but I can tell I'm warming up to him." Mina's eyes looks sincere. 

 

"I love him." She whispers. A genuine smile glistening over her face. "And you seemed to look fine as if you had moved on." 

 

I start to feel sick. No. I don't want anyone taking away Chanyeol from me, not while we still love each other. 

 

"I'm sorry." I swallow. "Truly, madly, deeply I am..." 

 

Mina pulls her hands away. 

 

"...but I'm not letting you take Chanyeol from me. I love him too." 

 

Before she gets a chance to speak, I bow and slam a couple bills on the table  before going to my car.