Twenty-Six

Mr. Park

Baekhyun's POV 

 

I'm not sure which emotion I'm feeling right now. I'm not sure of which emotion I should be feeling. 

 

Hurt. 

 

That's definitely one of them. Was Sehun lying when he said he loved me? He sure as hell moved on quickly. 

 

I'm also jealous, I realize quickly. Jealous that Sehun has already found another person to make him happy and I wonder if our friendship has personally ended. 

 

"What are you thinking about?" Jongin hops off the last step with grace. 

 

"Sehun is dating someone," I say flatly, going to the fridge for some bubble tea.

 

"No... Wait really?" My roommate scratches his head. Confusion was apparent on his face. "He hasn't told us anything." 

 

"Two days ago, I saw him. He was with this guy and-" 

 

"Did they say they were dating?" 

 

"Well I mean-" 

 

"Exactly Baek, He's probably taking steam off. He still loves you." 

 

I huff. "Its not that- he just moved on so quickly." 

 

"You probably misunderstood." Jongin lifts the cool drink from my palms puts it to his mouth gulping half of my beverage. 

 

"What the dude?" I gasp snatching it back.

 

"I was thirsty!" 

 

"Yea whatever." I stir the straw a bit. I haven't seen Sehun since that time and its now obvious I'm avoiding him. Does that make me a petty person? 

 

"Perhaps you should ask him in person." Jongin suggests but I shake it away. "Let's look on the brightside. Graduation is four months away." 

 

"Is it?" 

 

"C'mon our first four years of college finished in such a flash, yeah we still have to do more if we want our masters degree but-" 

 

"I understand." I sigh, ashamed that I've been paying attention more to my love life than education. My parents would be undoubtly disappointed. 

 

(☆^ー^☆)

 

Chanyeol's sister is sitting on the couch when I walk in. He had called, claiming he wanted to go shopping. 

 

She gives me a smile and I return one, hopeful that Mina is somehow warming up to me. But before we could make any kind of conversation, my boyfriend is bouncing down the stairs. 

 

Though he's only wearing a loose navy t-shirt and blue jeans, the casual attire looks so good on him. 

 

"Let's go babe." He grabs my wrist pulling me outside the house. "Let's use your car."

 

I flush thinking of the nickname he so loosely used. "You told her about us?" It came out more as a statement than a question. 

 

"You didn't want me to?"

 

"I just figured-." 

 

I stop. I don't know what I figured. The knowledge that Chanyeol told his family about me, at least one member, means he's serious about me. Right? 

 

I get this uneasy feeling, or perhaps its just my paranoia getting the best of me. 

 

Chanyeol's hand sweeps through my unbrushed hair and with that, all negative thoughts vanish. 

 

"Trust me." He touched my chin and brings me forward for a kiss. 

 

(☆^ー^☆)

 

Our shopping date is successful. I ended up handing him clothes I'd love to see him wear while he teaches. That included a handful of turtlenecks and maybe a speedo or two. You know, for my own viewing. 

 

"Enough with the turtlenecks." Chanyeol's whine turns into a laugh once I give him my irresistable pout.

 

"B-but you look so good in them." I remember the first time I saw Chanyeol waltz into class, the dark material fit and snuggled around his neck. Despite what he thinks, I'll be on my knees for him the next time he wears one. 

 

"Okay but last one." He tried to cover his smile with a stern look and I just quickly grinned at my boyfriend stealing a kiss. 

 

"Are we done? It's getting kind of late and I have some work to do." I check. my watch. 

 

"I didn't pick out any clothes for you." Chanyeol starts to trail the rows of men's clothing. 

 

"I'm not letting you buy me anything." I fold my arms realizing I had forgotten my wallet. 

 

"Just one." 

 

I try to stand my ground but Chanyeol kept pressing light kisses against my neck muddling my thoughts and words into agreement. "Fine." I frown. "But only 1." 

 

"I have to make it good then." We head across the store into the women's section and I don't miss the lustful stares that women give him as he passes. 

 

They, however, cease to notice the hateful glares I give them. Back off ladies he's mine. 

 

"You mentioned lace the other day, correct?" 

 

I almost shrink, my face burning at the memory. 

 

His hands touched the silky content of many robes and night gowns. It's traumatizing, imagining me. In those. For his pleasure. I shudder. 

 

I zone out for a second, losing Chanyeol the moment I regain consciousness. 

 

"Chanyeol?" I whisper. 

 

Great. I'm stuck in a women's lingerie aisle. Why is this store so goddamn big?

 

Then I spot him. His tall figure over by the checkout aisle with. I let out a sigh of relief and walk over, looping my arms into his and then I notice his hand.

 

"Six pairs of underwear?" My draw drops. 

 

"There was a good deal." Chanyeol almost whines. "I can't wait to see you in-" 

 

I cover his mouth not wanting the whole store to know what a izing couple weeks are. "I get it." 

 

His smirk becomes visible as I remove my palm. 

 

After he pays for all the clothes, we head to the car and my uneasiness returns. The day was good. Too good -_- 

 

"Aren't you afraid anyone will see us?" I ask, sacred of his bravery. 

 

Chanyeol shrugs. "By the time you graduate, you won't have my class anymore. We fell for each other at the right time... And sneaking around is pointless. If I love you, I don't care who sees." 

 

My blood runs cold. He said love. 

 

Does he love me? Did he mean in general? 

 

His speech trails off the moment he realizes what he just said. Our relationship is moving fast, almost too fast. Yet, the freezing within my blood boils and my heart that previously skipped beats is now thumping at an alarming pace. 

 

"I think I love you too." I say in a hushed tone. 

 

Chanyeol's smile lights up the rising moon. He rushes towards me, pressing me against the car and locking his lips to mine. 

 

"Someone could see us." I try to push away from him. 

 

"No one can see a thing. It's late out."

 

I tiptoe to kiss him again. 

 

"I love you." He mumbles again.