Twenty-Eight

Mr. Park

Chanyeol's POV

 

I walk down the staircase to see Mina. God, she's everywhere and I roll my eyes upon seeing her attire. Well, lack of attire therefore. 

 

It's morning, so she's in a nightgown. A see-through one in fact, with nothing under. What a Heathen. 

 

"Oh come on, you can't be grossed out by my appearance." She pouts looking down at herself. 

 

"Not grossed out." I admit. "Repulsed." 

 

Her huff of frustration makes me laugh and I saunter into the kitchen to make a cup of coffee. 

 

It's been exactly a month since Baekhyun and I first exchanged 'I love you' and we haven't done it since. 

 

Usually in a relationship, the first I love you is a step towards many but he gets embarrassed when even thinking about the word. I shake my head with a smile. I love him so much. 

 

I got upstairs and change into one of the turtle necks that Baekhyun recently picked out for me and get my things for work.

 

"Don't you have to leave?" I ask the woman who seems to be enjoying sitting on my counter. 

 

"It's my day off." 

 

"Don't burn or break anything." I mutter, taking my coffee mug from her palms and leaving swiftly. 

 

She's been oddly nice lately and I wonder if she's finally got over me. A huge sigh of relief escapes me with the hope that she'll now leave me alone to be happy with Baekhyun. 

 

A couple of students are by the locked room door by the time I arrive and they greet me with the slightest hello. 

 

By the look on their faces, I can already tell that hardly anyone did the assignment and I shake my head already thinking of alternative work. 

 

(☆^ー^☆)

 

Baekhyun walking in is really the highlight of my job. The bashful smile he gives me before sitting down is just angelic. 

 

His class starts just before noon, which gave me plenty of time to see Baek in his morning state. The time where he's still slightly tired and quiet and his hair is uncombed yet falls perfectly in his face. 

 

As I teach, I try not to stare at the student I admire so much but I fail pathetically.

 

Before I know it, it's almost 2pm and I'm done with the lesson. I waved goodbye to my students and fall back into the single swivel chair beside my desk. 

 

Baekhyun stays behind and closes the door. 

 

I shoot my boyfriend a smile. "I missed you." I say pushing the chair with my legs to get closer to him. 

 

"You look idiotic." He laughs. 

 

I fake being out of breath by the time I reach him. " You're mean, you can't say that to your boyfriend." 

 

"I just did." He leans down and kisses me.

 

"To think. I wore this dreadful turtleneck." I pull on the thick material. "Just for you."

 

"I noticed. You look super hot by the way." He eyes my body. "Too hot, maybe you should change, I wouldn't want anyone stealing you away." 

 

"I only belong to you I swear." I stand up, wrapping my arms around him in a hug. "I love you." I whisper. 

 

"I love you too." 

 

I could feel how hot his face is as his cheek presses against my neck and I love how I'm the one to make him react in such a way.  

 

"See you after school?" He smiles up at me after we part. A hopeful glint in his eye. 

 

"I can drop you off baby, but I have work to grade. You'd be such a distraction." 

 

"Fine." He frowns, and I can't resist kissing his pouty lips. 

 

"You should catch up with your friends before next class." I insist reluctantly pulling away from Baekhyun. 

 

"Have you spoken to Lu Han?" He asks suddenly. 

 

"I saw him and Tao yesterday, Why?" I sit back down. 

 

"Is he dating anyone?" 

 

I try to recall the last time I've seen LuHan with anyone. Probably around Senior year of college which was 5 years ago. "Not that I know of, why?" 

 

Baekhyun just shrugs. 

 

"You aren't planning on leaving me for him. Are you?" 

 

"Of course not." He kisses me. "I'll be back at 6 okay?"

 

(☆^ー^☆)

 

As promised, My last class ends at 6 and Baekhyun walks in as students walk out. 

 

"Ready to go?" 

 

I drop him off, as always and go home to start on the paperwork I failed to grade last night. Thank procrastination. 

 

After an hour, I finish my first class. Out of all the subjects I choose why English? I could have taught something that didn't include grading papers. I should've been a doctor. 

 

I checked my pockets to ask Tao to bring ice cream, and then I realize I don't have my phone. Did I drop it  somewhere? 

 

I walk back downstairs. 

 

"Mina?" 

 

She walks out, wearing clothes thankfully. "What?" 

 

"Have you seen my phone?" I check my pockets again. "I don't know where it fell." 

 

My ex walks to the couch and picks it up from the floor. "Is this it?" 

 

"Yeah. Thanks." I take it from her, already forgetting why I needed it. 

 

She tugs the base of her shorts before sitting down and pulled her hair back. "I should be going back home soon." 

 

"Great!" I smile. "How soon?" 

 

"You don't have to be so happy about it." Mina sighs. 

 

I shrug and sit on the couch next to her. "When you cheated on me, it really hurt." I explain. "It took me the longest time to get over you, but- i'm so glad you did because I wouldn't have found Baekhyun." 

 

She rolls her eyes. "You don't feel anything for me. At all?" 

 

I shake my head. "Sorry no." 

 

Mina leans forward kissing me abruptly. 

 

"What the ?" I try to sit up but she pushes me back down, this time straddling me so I can't move. 

 

"I love you too." 

 

Out of the corner of my eye, I see Baekhyun. Confusion evident on his face. 

 

"Baekhyun!" I gasp pushing Mina off. 

 

"Isn't that your sister?" He raises his eyebrows. 

 

"No!" I realize how the situation looks. "I mean yes? Not really." 

 

Baekhyun folds his arms, obviously wanting an explanation and my words are stuck in my throat and jumbled in my mind. 

 

"Mina is my ex." I state. "She needed a place to stay and I let her stay here but I don't feel anything for her. I promise." 

 

"She just said 'I love you too' What the hell Chanyeol." 

 

"She jumped on me." 

 

He scoffs but I can see his eyes already tearing up. "You're cheating on me?" 

 

"No! I would never- how are you even here?" 

 

He holds up his phone. "You texted me remember? You said to come over, that the door was opened." 

 

My eyes widen as I realize what Mina has done. "I didn't have my phone. She had it."

 

As the explanation comes out, Baekhyun is already walking towards his car and I run after him.

 

"Baekhyun I swear-" 

 

"Its okay." He smiles, the tear that he sheds just about breaks my heart. "You two look cute together." He gets into his car and slams it shut. 

 

"We aren't together. I only love you." 

 

"You love my body." He corrects. "Maybe it was only a physical connection." 

 

"Where the did you get that from?"

 

Baekhyun backs out if the driveway before I could say more and I'm storming into the house. 

 

"Get out!" I tell the cowering female on my couch. 

 

"Chany-"

 

"Get out of my house or I'll call the cops don't even try to reason with me." 

 

"But my clothes-" 

 

"I'll pack them for you, but if I see your face right now I swear." My voice rises a little. 

 

She grabs her shoes and keys and rushes out.