Time

Heartbeat
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Yewon is such a help. I'm really glad I got a resident this time around" Byul gritted her teeth as she felt Yongsun's elbows digging into her back. "She organized all my files in just two hours!" 

"I think you're getting old, Byul-ah. You're back is even worse than before we left for Gwanju" Yongsun replied as she continued working at the younger woman's back. "I'd like to meet Yewon sometime, she seems like a good person" 

"hmmm...in that case, you should join us for lunch after your appointment with Joohyun on Thursday. Though, she doesn't talk much" Byul chuckled. 

"Should I bring you lunch then? How does jajangmyeon sound? Maybe I should bring some for Wheein too" Yongsun felt Byul nudge at her, telling her to stop. She rolled over instead, laying next to Byul.

"Wheein doesn't like jajang and I think she mentioned Hyejin was seeing her on Thursday. Heard those two are getting along well. Apparently Hyejin has been seeing her every other day or well, that's what the nurses tell me" Byul grinned, she was happy to see Wheein happier. Although she hadn't seen the pup in two weeks, she could sense a change in her. Hyejin must be doing something good. 

"Alright, I'll make some for Yewon-ssi then" 

"Mmm..."

"Should we go to bed?" Yongsun asked, seeing that Byul was beginning to nod off. She looked exhuasted from her first day back. It wasn't suprising since all they did in Gwanju was go sightseeing and spend time with Byul's family.

"That would be nice, I'm so tired" Byul yawned, getting up to turn off the lights. She returned quickly, snuggling up to Yongsun. Since it was winter, Byul had made it a habit to hold Yongsun whenever they slept. Both of them liking the extra warmth it provided in the cold winter. 

 

...

 

Joohyun sighed as she looked at her clipboard. Yongsun sat across from her in her office. 

"Yongsun, as your friend and your doctor, I'm hate to tell you this but...I'm afraid we might need the operation sooner than later" 

"I see...." Yongsun replied, lookig up at her own heart that Joohyun had displayed on the mointor for her to see. She listened to Joohyun explain what had changed the time frame.

"I'll start looking for a suitable donor alright? Don't worry Yongsun, everything will be ok" Joohyun grasped Yongsun's hand tightly, hoping to comfort her friend. 

"Thank you, Joohyun....How long do I have until I need it?" 

"I'd say about six months. The sooner we find a donor, the better" Joohyun replied. 

"I see... Joohyun?" Yongsun's eyes met with Joohyun's. "Please...please don't tell Byul" 

"Yongsun..." Joohyun sighed. "I won't tell her but make sure you do. She deserves to know. Just please tell her ok? " 

"I will..then, I'll get going now. I'm having lunch with Byul after this" Yongsun smiled. 

"Of course you are. Take care" Joohyun smiled back, waving as she watched Yongsun leave. 

 

 

Yongsun made her way past the nurse's station, waving at Wheein who was occupied with another nurse. The two seemed to be bickering about something. She continued walking down to where all the doctor's and resident offices were. "Dr.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter