Shock

Heartbeat
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Byul watched from outside of the ICU, observing Seulgi who had come in to hear YooA's story of what happened. Byul had been waiting for almost a month for her to wake up. Feelings of regret and guilt had somewhat subsided. She explained to Yewon the procedures that came along with police interrogations since they happened fairly often with ER doctors or surgeons. 

After some time, Seulgi came out with her two officers, the three talking amongst each other before Seulgi saluted them, dismissing them to carry a task out.

"Bogum's getting arrested. YooA's story is enough to finally send that man behind bars" Seulgi smiled.  I'll be going now, I have a man to track down. Tell Hyun I said hello" 

"Thanks Seulgi, I will and good luck" Byul smiled, watching the cop walk off. The sound of heels walking toward her and Yewon made her turn around. 

She felt her blood turn cold. Yewon immediately bowed, greeting the person that was walking towards them.

"Hello Director Liu" 

"L-Liu? She really......she actually married her" Byul thought. Her hands trembled slightly as she bowed her head. The familiar scent of rose attacked her senses, memories began flooding in as she walked by. Byul did her best to seem unfazed, she stood confidently in front of her.

"It's nice to see you again, Dr. Moon" 

"Likewise, Director" Byul answered, her voice full of ice. She didn't dare show any emotion. Seemingly satisfied with the answer, Director Liu continued walking. Byul didn't move until Yewon nudged her. 

"Unnie? Are you alright? You look pale" 

"Ah....sorry I was lost in my thoughts" Byul tapped her cheek lightly, trying to get herself to snap out of it. Never had she imagined to see the person she thought disppeared from the face of this Earth in the same hospital years later. 

"You look a bit pale, are you sure you're alright?" Yewon held onto Byul who clusmily stepped forward. 

"I'm fine, really....I must be tired...I don't think I'm used to the workload anymore" Byul joked, hoping Yewon would buy it. 

"Ah I see..." 

"Yewon, prepare the files for Oh Joosung, his operation is in two hours. I'd like to go over things with you once more" 

"Right away unnie" 

 

....

 

 

Byul was sitting at home in her office, browsing the site that had the exchange program's information on it. She clicked on the name of the director in charge and sure enough she saw her. "Liu Kyrstal" A small photo of the Liu Coporation's chairwoman was uploaded as well, it was no doubt Jung Soo Jung. 

"She wasn't kidding when she said she'd disappear" Byul whispered to herself, googling the name to see if any other results popped up. Instantly, articles of Liu Corporation's hier Liu Yi Yun getting married popped up. Byul a

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter