Wounds

Heartbeat
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Byul scoffed as she pushed a rather drunk Ailee off of her. Byul had managed to finesse the other woman into having a drinking contest with her, it seemed like she couldn't really hold her liquor. Byul thought she wouldn't, the way she had presented herself was something typical of a curious person.Thankfully Byul didn't even have to even make any physical contact with her.  The woman was a light weight drinker, making it easy for Byul to get all the info she could on Bogum. She decided to hunt the man down herself, driving toward the club Ailee said he would be at. 

Byul had managed to flirt her way into the VIP area, her girl crush charms on full blast. She spotted a rather well dressed Bogum sitting around 4 girls. She eyed him, making it clear that she was interested, then left, heading toward the back of the club. 

 

Flashback: 

YooA had suddenly hugged Byul in the locker room after the successful surgery, startling her. 

"Yah, YooA, what are you doing? Let go." Byul tried to wiggle her way out of YooA's embrace. 

"I miss you Byul....please, let's go back to the way things were before" YooA pleaded, hugging Byul even tighter. 

"Oi! You know I don't do this kind of ! You're getting married! Let go! Now!" Byul's nostrils flared, she broke out of YooA's grasp, turning to face her.

"I don't love him! I'll break up with Bogum! Please...let's go back to what we were. We can be happy again!" YooA tried to get Byul to look at her. The words echoed in Byul's head, she clenched her fist.

"Enough! We were done the minute you decide to get engaged!"  Byul slammed her fist on the side of the locker, making YooA flinch. "Get out..." Byul heard her break into sobs before running out. 

Byul leaned against the lockers, sliding down to the floor. She ran her hand through her hair ,sighing. "Why does this always happen...." 

End of Flashback.

 

Byul leaned against the wall outside of the club, thinking about how things escalated to this level. She recalled the numerous times she had seen YooA with bruises or new injuries. Although the younger woman had dared to consider cheating on her fiance, Byul actually got along with YooA quite well. At least until Yongsun came into the picture. Byul had finally found someone that made her soft inside, the sort of innocent love she once locked away. But a part of her felt guilty for letting all this happen, she couldn't let YooA just lay there in the ICU broken and beaten. Few knew Park Bogum was an abusive character, Byul just happened to be one of the few that did know. " I should have stopped her from the start...then things wouldn't have turned out this way.."  The sound of a door opening made Byul turn her head, a small smile formed on her lips.

"Hey there pretty lady" Bogum emerged from behind the door, a smirk on his face. "Saw you eyeing me in the club" 

"Hah! As if" Byul kicked herself off the wall, facing him. "I wasn't eyeing you but your numerous friends. I have to say..you

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter