Truths

Heartbeat
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Breaking News : Director of Seoul Hospital Under Investigation for Blackmail 

 

Byul stared at the newspaper that was placed in front of her by the person she never thought she would meet. The very person she once despised and pitied so long ago. 

“I’m sorry Soo Jung caused you so much trouble” Amber smiled. “ I'm sure this is all a shock to you” Amber got up, picking up the photo frame of her and Soo Jung, there was a bitter sweet smile on her face. “ I should have known better when she chose this hospital as one of her projects. It’s my fault for not carefully watching over her” 

“How did you find out?” Byul swore her phone had been drowned then smashed. 

“Someone named Shi Yoo Ah reported it. There was an audio clip” Amber leaned back into the chair. “You’re probably wondering why I reported my own wife” She sighed.

Byul nodded, listening carefully.

 

“It’s wrong of her to hold onto the past. I knew you were here and I know the history behind you two. I wasn't a fool. I heard everything you two spoke about in that hospital room yet....I still love her” Amber began explaining. “I let her come back to Korea because I thought it would help her get over it. Instead...I think it’s made things worse. I apologize” Amber bowed her head apologetically. Byul placed her hand on her shoulder. 

“It’s alright. Amber-ssi” 

“It’s not. I plan on helping you for all the trouble she caused. Don’t worry about police charges or legal trouble, I’ve taken care of it all. If you ever need anything, don’t hesitate to contact me” Amber pulled out her personal contact card, handing it to Byul. "Soo Jung won't bother you again. I'll make sure she gets the help she needs"Amber smiled.

“Thank you” Byul tucked it into her coat. 

“Then, I suppose I’m finished here. I’m sure there will be a few reporters that find their way to you, I’d appreciate it if you kept quiet about you and Soo Jung’s past. Rumors will float around but as long as they come from others, they’ll remain rumors” Amber got up swiftly. "Director Kim will take over as head again. I'm withdrawing Liu Corporation's presence from here. As for disciplinary action from the hospital...I've taken care of that as well" 

“Of course. I won’t say a thing and...thank you” Byul bowed appreciatively. 

“I’ll see you around, Dr. Moon” Amber flashed a smile as her bodyguards began escorting her out.

Byul sat back in her chair, in awe at what just happened. Liu Corporation has taken care of everything in two days. Of course there were still reporters trying to find out Victim A and B were. Byul had to enter from the side of the hospital to avoid being questioned by reporters outside. The flashes of their camera's were annoying an quite frankly their questions invasive. The hospital had banned anyone from saying a thing, people kept their mouths shut in order not to lose their jobs.

 

...

 

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter