Calls

Heartbeat
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Byul on her couch finishing up on one of her books as Yongsun just laid in her lap.The older woman seemed to be bored as Byul read after dinner.

"Byul-ah, don't you have any other hobbies? I've never seen you do anything but read and eat when you're home" Yongsun looked up, meeting Byul's eyes. 

"You probably expect that I go out more often based on my rather playful nature but I actually prefer reading when I have a chance" Byul chuckled, flipping to the next page. 

"Let's do something fun then~" She tried to take Byul's book but the younger woman just moved her hands away. 

"Yah, I'm almo-" Byul was cut off as her cell phone rang. "Will you hand it to me?" 

Yongsun reached over to grab the phone, she stared at the contact that popped up on the screen. "Ye Eun?...another girl? she really lives up to her reputation.."

"Who is it?" Byul asked, finally taking her eyes off the book. She saw Yongsun's expression change. 

"Here, see for yourself" Yongsun coldly handed Byul the phone. Her behavior didn't go unnoticed. Byul cautiously took the cell phone glancing at the contact before picking up.

"Hello?"

"Byulyi~ It's been awhile, unnie misses you. Are you free tonight?"

"Ah...I am.." Byul felt Yongsun shift in her lap. She could tell the Yongsun could hear everything.

"Then...do you want to meet up? We can have some fun~" A smooch was heard from the other side of the phone. Byul heard Yongsun scoff.

"I..." Byul glanced down to see Yongsun getting up, she had a slight frown on her face. " I don't want to leave her alone again......I...can't"

"Maybe some other time...I've got a date tomorrow. See ya unnie"

-click-

She saw Yongsun glance over in confusion, curious as to what Byul meant.

"Yongsun...are you free tomorrow? Let's go out" Byul grinned.

 

....

 

 

"Yah, when you said we were going out, I wasn't expecting the Han River. And are you sure you're feeling ok?" Yongsun said as they walked along the Han River. 

"Didn't you say you were bored? This has got to be more fun than sitting at home all day. Besides, getting some fresh air into your lungs will do you some good" Byul chuckled watching Yongsun walk ahead of her. "And I'm fine. I'm stronger than you think" 

"If you start feeling bad you better let me know" Yongsun turned around to give Byul a more serious look. 

"Sure thing... Dr. Kim" 

Yongsun just smacked Byul on the shoulder as Byul grinned. Byul loved teasing Yongsun, especially whenever she acted her age. The usual Kim Yongsun was rather childish and innocent, the mature side just made Byul laugh.

"Hey...since when did they have that?" Yongsun pointed at a small shop that rented out bicycles. Byul didn't reply but approached the seller, asking for prices. Satisfied with his answer she handed him two bills. The man then pointed over to a two seater bike.

"I figured this might be more fun than walking" Byul smiled, putting the helmet on Yongsun. She carefully adjusted the strap before patting the helmet. 

"Yah Byul, you didn't have to. I was joking earlier..." Yongsun had felt bad watching Byul use her hard earned money.

"Nonsense, I think it'll be fun. Besides haven't done this since...." Byul paused, her smile sunk.

"Byul? Are you ok? You don't look well" Yongsun cupped her face, finding her tempature normal. Byul smiled again, taking Yongsun's hands down.

"I'm fine...I just got lost in my thoughts. Now let's go, we only have an hour" 

The rode through the sunset, watching as the city came alive. The numerous brightly colored lights decorated Seoul's skyline. Laughter and smiles were all that could be seen from the two. Byul was careful as to not overexert Yongsun which was why she chose the two seater. This way she could control the pace without Yongsun noticing. 

As they rode back to the bike rental, Byul could only smile brightly. She hadn't had that much fun in so long. The sort of innocent fun, not the kind of fun she often looked for in other woman. It had been

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter