It's Been Awhile

Heartbeat
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Byul had been at Seoul Hopsital for over three days. She was glad she kept a bag of spare clothes in her office. Her mind tormented her with thoughts of her possibly falling for someone once again. She chose to work herself to the point where she couldn't think about anything but work.

"Somi-ah, will you pull up the patient file for Seo Hyukjin?" Byul leaned on the counter, the lack of rest seemed to be catching up to her. 

"Of course Dr. Moon. Do you want some coffee? You look tired" Somi replied, her eyes full of worry. She wasn't sure she had seen the doctor go home at all. 

"That'd be nice...thanks" Byul took the file from Somi, reading the case. The surgery was scheduled for that afternoon, she was going over the case again.

 

The surgery was successfu, as usual. Byul threw the surgical mask away, wiping away the sweat from her brow. She glanced up at the time, seeing that it was right about dinner time. She changed out of the scrubs quickly, heading toward the cafeteria. She heard someone call out for her, making her turn around. 

"Good evening Professor Cha" Byul bowed, she lifted her head a little too quickly, almost losing her balance. It seemed her body was nearing it's limit. Professor Cha helped her regain her balance, standing her upright.

"Byulyi, we've been seeing you around a little too much lately. You look terrible. The rest of the doctors have agreed that you need a break. I don't want to see you in here until next Monday" The man had had his arms crossed. Byul could see Joohyun, Seungwan, and Wheein peeking out behind him. The three nodded, agreeing with him. She couldn't help but think the three had been plotting this. 

"Professor Cha, with all due respect sir, I'm fine. After some sleep I'll be good to-"

"Enough, you're not an intern anymore, so stop acting like one. I don't want you to collapse. Don't let me catch you here until Monday. Seungwan, please Byulyi out" 

"Of course Professor" 

Seungwan smiled, ushering Byul toward her office to retreive her things. 

"Yah, Wendy-ah don't you have work to do?" 

"I'm off now and Yeri has informed me you left your car parked in Eunha's lot for four days. It's time to go home" Seungwan watched as Byul grabbed her things, including a bag of dirty clothes. "Aish....I should have figured one of the part timers would rat me out" Galaxy bar was a favorite amongst hospital staff due to it's friendly vibe and location. It was a small bar so much of the staff knew each other, almost too well. "I'm stopping by Galaxy to pick up Yeri so I'll drop you off unnie" 

"Thanks" Byul smiled, getting into Seungwan's car. She could never really get mad at the Canadian, she was always smiling. It was no surprise she had been promoted to Senior Doctor before Byul. Seungwan or Wendy as Byul liked to call her sometimes, was one of the best pediatrics doctors Seoul had to offer. Byul was just as devoted to her work but sometimes her playfulness at work caused her some troubles.

 

...

 

Yongsun had been worried about Byul's sudden disappearance. The woman had not come home since that day. Yongsun spent most of her time with Hyejin, helping her with a song. Wheein had updated Yongsun about Byul, saying the younger woman seemed to be busy with work. "It's not because I was too clingy right?...No...Wheein said she's been swamped with work"  

As Yongsun finished cooking dinner, she got a text. 

From: Wheeinie

Unnie is on her way home

Yongsun smiled, tucking the phone into her pocket. As expected, she heard Byul coming in the door not long after, the younger woman looked totally drained.

"Welcome back" Yongsun smiled, coming over to help Byul with her t

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter