Afraid

Heartbeat
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"I hope everything's alright" 

"Hopefully.... I'm sorry I can't help you clean up" Byul replied, slipping on her shoes. "If something comes up, you know how to contact me" 

"Yeah..." Yongsun watched as Byul opened to door to leave but turned around suddenly.

"Byul? Is every-"

"Let's...talk when I get back..." 

"O-ok..." 

"I'll be going now...good night, Yong" Byul turned back around, shutting the door behind her. "It's getting harder and harder each day..."

As Byul drove to the hospital, her hands shook. There had been an emergency call during her little make out session with Yongsun. Byul ran her hand through her hair, sighing. "!....what the hell was that?!" 

Byul recalled how she had been swept along by Yongsun's sudden kiss. It had been years since she last felt this way. She was sure it was there, a spark. There was no doubt there was something between them. The usually clumsy and child-like Yongsun had proven herself to be Byul's worst enemy. Love. Something Byul had thrown away long ago. Something she didn't think she was capable of receiving ever again.

 

"Dr. Moon! You're here! Sorry we called you in but there's a patient in critical condition, we just put them under, they're ready to operate as we speak" Sohee explained as she ran with Byul. 

"File, where's the file" Byul asked as she began changing. She could really care less if Sohee watched, a patient was in her hands now. She had no time to waste. 

"Here" Sohee handed the file over, Byul's eyes ran through the report. 

"N-No....YooA?" Byul looked up, seeing her team look away. "That ing bastard!" She took a breath, calming herself. 

"If you can't handle this operation, leave." Byul said, she had noticed that some of the assistants looked uncomfortable.

"Dr. Moon, we can handle it" they answered, she saw a determined look in their eyes.

"Then...let's begin" 

 

...

 

 

"Dr. Moon?" A familiar voice called out to Byul. She looked up to see Seulgi in full uniform. Two familiar faces behind her. 

"Yes?" Byul got up from the bench, she knew better than to drop the professionalism now.

"I'm Officer Kang, I'm here to inquire about the patient that came in earlier. Shi Yoo Ah."

"Ah..of course. Shall we talk in my office?" Byul motioned toward the hallway that seperated the ICU from the hospital lobby.

 

"Alright, what's her condition?" Seugi asked, leaning on Byul's desk. She had her two officers stand outside. 

"In a coma, she was severly injured" Byul replied sighing as she looked over YooA's file. 

"Figured as much...well. It's no good questioning someone unconcious" Seulgi adjusted her hat. 

"Do you know what happened?" Byul asked.

"Hit and run but...we both know with injuries like that, it wasn't just a car accident" Seulgi scoffed. YooA had bruises all over her body, finger marks on her neck. There was no way a car could have done that. "On top of that, the car disappeared. I have a feeling it was a pre-meditated attack"

"What about her fiance? You look into him yet? He's notorious around these parts for being abusive" 

"That Park fellow? Yeah, just finished investigating him earlier. He's got an alibi so there's nothing we can do about it. But he's a primary suspect in this case.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter