Dreams

Heartbeat
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Byul? Are you ok?" Yongsun waved her hand in front of the doctor who seemed to be smiling at nothing. She set down the porridge, nudging Byul slightly. 

"H-huh? What just happened?" Byul asked, looking around. "It was...just a dream?" Byul hit her head slightly, cursing at herself for thinking of such a scenario. There was no way Yongsun actually liked her. "They say dreams are unconcious thoughts...am I hoping she likes me too? " 

"Byul? You stopped talking all of a sudden and then started smiling to yourself. Are you ok?" Yongsun's eyes were full of concern. She lifted her hand to feel Byul's forehead. The younger woman moved her head away quickly.

"I'm fine, I just...got lost in my thoughts" Byul replied, she swore Yongsun could hear her heart beating in her chest. The scene that just played out in her head had felt so real. "What is wrong with me..."

 

...

 

The next day was uneventful, Byul had stayed in bed, reading most of the day. Only getting up to eat and roam around when she got bored. Yongsun had gone to help Hyejin with something. Wheein had given her a call, scolding her for letting her health deteriorate like that. Byul could only smile sheepishly as Wheein came by to drop off some food, knowing Byul wasn't capable of cooking in her current state. 

Byul sighed, she had laid in bed almost all day, doing all she could to avoid the one thing bothering her the most. Her feelings. She stared at the ceiling, the white wall seemed to hold no answers for her. Her phone rang, disrupting her thoughts. She rolled over, quickly picking up the phone.

"Hello?"

"Byul? How are you feeling?" She smiled, Yongsun's voice made her feel happy.

"I'm fine. Are you coming home for dinner? I can whip something up?" 

"Oh! About that...I know you're not feeling well but do you think you could come pick me up at the studio? Hyejinnie is in a meeting with a producer right now and she just sent me a text she won't be done for quite awhile" Before Byul could reply she heard another voice on line.

"Yongsun?" A male voice made Byul's heart tighten up. 

"Eric? You haven't left yet?"

"I just wrapped up a meeting. Say, would you like to get dinner? I could give you a ride home afterwards if you'd like" Byul felt this uneasy feeling in her chest, it was clear that this Eric was interested in Yongsun. It ignited this sort of protective instinct in her, Byul wanted to tell Yongsun to decline.

"Yongsun?" 

"Oh, hang on Eric. Yes? "

"Send me the address. I'll be there soon"  Byul had hung up in a fury, getting up quickly. As she changed her clothes, she heard her phone chime. She smiled seeing Yongsun's text message.

 

 

As Byul walked into the studio, the receptionist greeted her as she walked by. She headed for vocal room 2, Yongsun said she woud be inside, finishing something up as she waited.

Byul stood in front of the door her heart racing. She couldn't remember when she last felt so uneasy, so nervous. The sounds of laughter made her heart sink.. She could hear the man from earlier talking. She quickly opened the door finding Eric's hand on Yongsun's shoulder.

"Byul! you're here" Yongsun smiled, grabbing her purse. "Byul this is Eric, he's one of the singers here. Eric, this is Byul, my...."

Byul wanted to spit out that Yongsun was hers but cursed at herself, the woman wasn't anything more than her friend. She couldn't help but feel sad at seeing the two together, even she had to admit, they looked good together. He was tall and handsome, he looked like an idol. Well, he was an idol. "Someone like me can't match up to someone like that...they look..good together.. Jeez....what am I even saying....."  

"Friend. I'm Yongsun's friend.. It's nice to meet you, Eric-ssi" Byul held out her hand

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter