Game Over

Heartbeat
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Byul immediately sat up when she woke up, confused to where she was. Her head hurt and she felt awful. She looked around, finding the familiar set up of the resident beds. She spotted Yewon passed out on the bed next to her. 

“Jeez...I haven’t been this hungover in awhile” Byul got up slowly, she could still smell the alcohol on her clothes. “Nor have I been this disgusting” 

Byul walked out of the room, finding the hospital bustling. She checked her phone to see that it was almost dead. 7:45AM 

“Byul! You’re awake! How are you feeling? I was just about to check on you” he offered her a cup of coffee.

Byul turned around to see a rather smiley Dr. Lee holding two cups of coffee. “Sandeul? How did you know I was here?” Byul took the coffee gratefully. 

“Well how did you think you got here? Nurse Jung asked me to pick you up” 

“Ahh…” memories of last night came flooding in. Including ones of her puking all over the cab. Byul scratched the back of her neck. “Sorry about that...it’s been a rough week” 

“Don’t worry about it. Anyways I have surgery scheduled in an hour so I need to go prepare” he smiled as he left.

Byul watched him walk off, his footsteps light. He seemed to be in a good mood. Byul began walking toward her office, she decided to change before heading over to see if Yongsun was alright. She wanted to talk to her to try and work it out. Byul didn’t like this “rut” they were having.

Byul left her doctor’s coat at her desk, opting for a more casual look. She had today off which is partially the reason why she had let herself drink so much. She was glad she had always kept spare clothes in her office. Byul brushed her teeth and fixed her hair in the staff bathroom before heading over.

Nurses and doctors still stared as she walked by. Byul had gotten used to it, not paying attention to them. Why would she when she was headed toward the center of her universe? 

Byul opened the door to see Yongsun humming along to something, she had earphones in and didn’t seem to notice her come in. Yongsun had a pen and a notebook, Byul assumed she was writing music.

Byul took a seat next to Yongsun who had her eyes closed, focusing on the music. Byul thought Yongsun looked the most beautiful when she was being passionate about her work. She frowned as she noticed Yongsun’s slightly puffy eyes. 

 

“Was she crying?” 

 

Byul watched Yongsun for a few more seconds, tracing the outline of her facial features before the older woman had opened her eyes. Yongsun didn’t say anything, startled to see Byul. 

 

“Yongsun looks...angry?” 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter