Gamble

Heartbeat
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Yongsun had been up for hours, trying to decide which outfit to wear. By some of luck, Dr. Moon had actually invited her out for lunch. She finally decided on a navy polka dot dress, pairing it with a watch, white sneakers, and a maroon belt. A simple yet stylish look.

"Yongsun? You're going out? I thought Hyejin had work today"

"Dr. Moon invited me out for lunch" Yongsun replied, grabbing her purse. Yonghee smiled, crossing her arms.She had met the doctor once while visitng Yongsun. Dr. Moon had chased Yonghee down while she was leaving, thinking it was Yongsun. The doctor quickly apologized, explaining that her back profile was similar to Yongsun's. Yonghee thought that Dr. Moon was a good doctor, even going as far as noticing a patient could be trying to escape and running after them. Most wouldn't even notice a patient was missing.

"Hmm..interesting. Well have fun. Don't be too burdensome on Dr. Moon" Yonghee teased.

"Unnie!" Yongsun pouted. Yonghee just laughed, ushering Yongsun out the door. The cab she had called earlier was waiting in front.

"Yongsun-ssi, over here" A voice called out to her as she made her way to the front of the doors of the cafe they were meeting. She looked over to see a rather chic look Dr. Moon in her casual clothing. The doctor looked even more like a chick magnet without her white coat. Yongsun scanned the younger woman quickly as she walked over. The blue button up, ripped black jeans, sunglasses, and combat boots made her look even more like a girl crush. 

"I'm surprised you took up my offer this soon" Yongsun chuckled. Dr. Moon grinned.

"You were just lucky, I didn't have any plans today and I was bored" she replied, taking her sunglasses off. "Where did you say you wanted to go?" 

"Ah! It's a surprise, just follow me" Yongsun hooked her arm around Dr. Moon's arm, dragging her toward the direction of the street. 

"Huh? Yah, is it far? I can drive if you want" Dr. Moon held up her keys, the four rings logo flashed in the sun.

"It's a shame if we drove in this weather and don't you think it would be more fun if we walked? Besides it's not that far" Yongsun smiled.

"Ah..I suppose some exercise is good for your heart anyway" Dr. Moon replied, putting her sunglasses back on. 

...

"You're actually clumsier than I thought" Yongsun laughed as she watched the doctor try her best to make a macaron mixture.

"My hands are made to save people not bake cookies" The younger woman was struggling to follow the pastry chef. Compared to Yongsun's mixture, the doctor's was on the edge of being unusable. Yongsun smiled, it was interesting seeing something the usually cold and chic woman was bad at. Dr. Moon looked like a kid that was trying their best to color in the lines.

"Alright, now we're going to pump out the mixtures on the parchment paper, there are guides for you to follow" The pastry chef showed them a demo, Dr. Moon was watching carefully. Yongsun watched as she suprisingly pumped out a perfect sized one.

"Oho! Now this I can do" Yongsun laughed, at times like this, it really looked as if the doctor was a surgeon. Her steady hands controlling the amount of mixture coming out.

 

"I never asked you but how old are you?" Yongsun asked as they sat down to eat at nearby restuarant.

"I'm 28 this year, that makes you my unnie" the doctor replied while taking a big bite of food.

"Ah..only a year difference. That's quite surprising. I though you were older than me Dr. Moon" Yongsun was shocked to find out that the woman that sat in front of her was a respected surgeon at her age. 

"Byulyi. Moon Byulyi. You can call me Byul, Yongsun-ssi. It sounds too formal when you address me as doctor outside of the hospital" Byul grinned.

"Then please call me Yongsun, I'm not exactly your patient so we can speak casually" she smiled. 

"Then, Yongsun-unnie, I had a lot of fun earlier. Thank you for making me feel like a kid again" 

"Yah, why do you sound like a erted old geezer" Yongsun made a disgusted face. Byul smirked. 

"It's just the way I talk, unnie" Byul let the last word roll off her tongue, she was having fun teasing the older woman.

"Uwah, you're so greasy! How do you manage to get so many girls to like you" Yongsun cringed.

"I'd say I'm pretty good looking, don't you agree?  Don't lie, I've seen you stealing glances at me" Byul winked.

"As if! You're so full of yourself" Yongsun scoffed. "I don't understand why people are attracted to a ert!" 

"A good looking one" Byul laughed.

"Yah since we're on the topic, I've been meaning to ask you this" Yongsun shifted the conversation.

"Hm?" Byul took a sip of water, her eyes full of anticipation.

"I thought that one brunette was your girlfriend at first based on how you two acted but I've seen you with others, doing the same thing. Are you not dating any of them?" Yongsun asked.

".....well they know what they're getting into. Everyone that's with me knows that we

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter