Surprise

Heartbeat
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Byul sighed as she walked out of the OR. She removed her surgical mask, tossing it the trashcan as she walked out. "Ah...of course..she would have left by now" Byul looked over at the empty lobby before looking up at the clock. "2:18AM" 

"Dr. Moon? The head nurse left a message for you at the nurses station" A voice brought her out of her thoughts. She turned to see YooA walking by with a clipboard full of files. 

"Hm? Ah..thanks for letting me know, YooA" Byul smiled, quickly walking toward the nurses station where she found a very tired looking Somi. She chuckled, it seemed like the new nurse hadn't quite got used to long night shifts. It looked like tonight was particulary dead, only a few people walked around the halls. Byul dug around for her wallet, inserting a bill into a nearby vending machine.

"Somi-ah, here" Byul nudged the younger woman with the warm can of coffee. She blinked a few times, she looked at the can then Byul multiple times. "Are you alright?"

"Ah! I'm fine! Totally fine! Is this for me?" Somi asked, her eyes lighting up. 

"You looked tired and I never got to thank you for taking care of my jacket" Byul smiled. "I heard Wheein left me a note" 

"Thank you Dr. Moon! And yes, Nurse Jung left this for you" Somi took the can of coffee with two hands before grabbing a small folded note.

"Thanks, I'll see you tomorrow, don't let the director catch you sleeping" Byul joked, waving as left. She opened the note, finding only four words. "Yongsun-unnie says she's sorry"  

"You brat, you could have texted me that" Byul scoffed, waving to the receptionist as she exited the lobby. She got into her car and drove home quickly, exhausted from the turn of events. "So much for a day off" By some odd of luck, both of the cardiothoracic surgeons on shift tonight were operating. 

...

Byul awoke to the smell of eggs cooking. "Uwah....it smells good" She sleepily opened her eyes, inhaling the scent. Byul suddenly sat up, her eyes wide, she grabbed a baseball bat from inside of her closet and slowly made her way to the hallway. The bat in a position where she could swing immediately. "I know I'm pretty popular but not to the point of gaining stalkers right?" 

As she turned the corner to the kitchen she saw a familar backside standing over the stove. The floorboard creaked from underneath her, making Yongsun turn around.

"Oh! Byul, you're awake. What's with the..." Yongsun motioned to the baseball bat Byul was still holding. She quickly lowered it. 

"Y-yah, how did you know where I live and how did you get in?" She asked, hiding the bat. 

"Wheein told me last night and having your birthday as your door code isn't the safest. I hope you like eggs, doctor" Yongsun flipped the eggs onto a plate, placing the toast neatly next to them. She motioned for Byul to come eat. 
"Wheein! That brat!" Byul made a note to give the head nurse of piece of her mind later. "Thanks..." Byul sat down cautiously, this unnie was a lot more interesting than she had initially thought.  The two ate quietly, Byul was unsure of what to say, after all, she was having breakfast with someone who basically broke into her house.

"So, what brings you here?" Byul asked as they finished eating. She gathered the plates and began washing them. Yongsun followed her into the kitchen.

"

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter