Realize

Heartbeat
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Yongun laid there in utter shock at what just happened. She didn't even notice that Byul had left, her hand still touching her own lips. "A k-kiss? She kissed me.." Yongsun sat up slowly, her hand still on her lips. "They were so soft...." She blushed at the thought of it, her first kiss had been taken away in a split second. She felt mad but not at the same time. More embarrased that it took this long to kiss someone else, but more than that, she had kissed her. Her heart was beating so fast she thought it would burst out of her chest. She looked down, lowering her now shaking hands. 

It's true she had been a bit childish by suddenly lashing out at Byul but Hyejin's teasing earlier in the day had made her rather sensitive to those questions. The younger woman had bragged about her date with a certain nurse. Teasing Yongsun about her inexperience at her age. It wasn't her fault she was always going in and out of the hospitals. She had barely even gotten her college degree, something that brought her so much joy even now. 

Yongsun got up, clearing the table of Byul's can of beer and her glass of water. She tried not to think of what happened, her mind almost blank as she cleaned up. She made her way to her room, closing the door gently. She plopped onto her bed, pulling out her phone. As she was texting Wheein, she heard a thud come from down the hall as well. Curious, she peaked her head out of the her door, hearing more shuffling. It seemed like Byul was muttering something to herself, sounds of things being clumsily knocked over as the doctor searched for something made her smile. "She's even more different than I thought she was.." 

 

....

 

Byul woke up, her hand slighting aching from the small cut. The hole in her wall made her sigh. ""I'm going to have to call someone to fix that later.." Byul got up, showing quickly, she had an early shift today. She grabbed her bag, going into her office to grab a few files. As she left her office, she met with Yongsun in the hallway, the woman didn't look her in the eyes, instead raising her hand. "Ah...I might as well let her hit me this once" Byul thought. What she had done was despicable, she never thought she would even do. She shut her eyes, bracing herself for impact.

She felt Yongsun grab her wrist, inspecting it. A bandage was on her palm. 

"What happened?" Yongsun asked, looking up at Byul.

"Ah...I tripped and cut myself?" Byul answered, hoping it was believable. She'd have to tell the handyman to tell a white lie when he came later.

"Hmm.....be careful" Yongsun let go of her wrist, it seemed like she bought the white lie. "here, this is for you" Yongsun held up lunch box. "You can't always be eating cafeteria food" 

"O-oh, thanks" Byul scratched the back of her neck, not expecting things to have played out like this. She took the lunch box, it felt pretty heavy. "then, I'll get going" She walked over to her front door, slipping on her shoes. "Is..she not mad?" 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter