Sun & Moon

Heartbeat
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

“This is where is all started” Yongsun smiled as she sat on the hospital’s rooftop with Byul. 

 

“Yeah...it’s been a long time, hasn't it?” Byul held Yongsun’s hand, caressing it with her thumb. Byul had become softer and more gentle. Her chic and girl crush energy had turned almost innocent and fresh. Byul’s way of speaking was also less blunt and more sensitive. 

 

They were sitting on the bench that they both first had lunch together. The sun was setting slowly, red, orange, and yellow hues were slowly replaced by a deep purple and blue.

“Let’s go home after the sun sets” Yongsun suggested, leaning on Byul’s shoulder. The two of them sat in silence for some time before Byul spoke.

“You know, I’m really glad you sort of didn’t break up with me” Byul said suddenly. She had a small smile on her face.

“You better be, I got hit for you” Yongsun frowned jokingly. She crossed her arms, pretending to be hurt.

Byul raised her arm, protesting. "I got hurt too" She grinned. "We're even" 

“No but seriously Yong, hear me out” Byul grinned, putting her arm over Yongsun’s shoulder. She dragged Yongsun closer to her. 

“If I didn’t meet you, I don’t think I’d be the person I am today. I’d probably still be sleeping around, causing trouble left and right..still the same, cold and arrogant. Selfish...I was selfish when I met you..so incredibly selfish” Byul sighed, she stood up, walking over to the edge of the roof. The safety fence that stood near the edge obstructed her view of the Han River. 

Yongsun stood up, standing next to Byul. A gentle breeze ran greeted them, blowing their hair back. Yongsun tucked her hair behind her ears as she listened to Byul. She wasn’t sure where the doctor was going with all of this but it was rare for Byul to have a heart to heart. Each and every word was precious to her.

“But I changed, everything changed. Starting from this roof, that awful stale kimchi fried rice that I fed you, those annoying invasive questions you asked. All of those led up to this moment. I never thought I could say this again...especially after being torn apart and turning into selfish jerk. I hurt a lot of people, I’ve saved a lot of people, but no one really saved me. At least not until I met you. You’ve taught me how to love again, how to feel human again…”Byul turned to see Yongsun’s tears falling slowly. 

Byul’s words were so full of sadness and pain thay Yongsun couldn’t imagine how horrible Byul must have felt back then. So much pain to the point of becoming a different person. “Byul….” 

“Don’t cry, Yong...I’m so bad at this...” Byul wiped her tears. She cringed at her own cheesy words. “I just wanted to say that..

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter