Suspension

Heartbeat
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Yah! Unnie! What were you thinking?! What kind of doctor beats someone up?” Wheein was screaming on the other line, Byul only rubbed her temples, tired. 

“I know, give me a break Wheepup, Joohyun and Seulgi said the same thing” Byul replied, not wanting to hear more of Wheein’s scolding.

”Two weeks unnie! Who am I going to complain to on my breaks? And what are you going to do? It’s not like you have a life outside of clubbing and work” 

“Aish! You’ll be fine. And I’ve stopped that now. I......well, Yongsun and I are dating. Anyways I’ll be going down to see my parents-“ 

“YOU TWO ARE WHAT?! YAH! UNNIE! SINCE WHEN? ACTUALLY NEVERMIND THAT, TO THINK YOU ACTUALLY-YAH, THIS IS CRA-“ 

“JUNG! Stop yelling and get back to work!” 

“Right away, Director Kim, my apologies. Yah, unnie, we’re talking about this soon, I got to go”

-click- 

Byul chuckled, taking a sip of her coffee as Yongsun was working on something for Hyejin. She watched as the pink hair fell from her face, her delicate fingers brushing them back. Byul smiled, she hadn’t felt this way in a long time. Even Yongsun’s small and habitual movements made her feel warm inside. 

“Say Yongsun?” 

“Hmm?” Yongsun didn’t look up, emmersed in her work. 

“I have the next two weeks off. I’m thinking of visiting my parents in Gwanju. Would you like to come?” Byul walked over, wrapping her arms around Yongsun’s neck. She glanced at the laptop screen that was riddled with colorful lines. 

“Y-yah, isn’t it a bit soon for me to meet your parents?” Yongsun replied, closing her laptop. She turned to meet Byul’s grinning face.

”it’s fine~ they’ll be happy to meet you. My parents are easy going” Byul gave her a kiss on the cheek. She had to admit, these days she could feel herself changing. But she enjoyed it, Yongsun was just too cute.

”oh alright, when are you planning on leaving?” 

“In two days, probably for the rest of my suspension. It’s been awhile since I’ve seen them” Byul had been suspended for misconduct, being dismissed for two weeks. She had decided to take this time to go and visit her family. It had been awhile since she had this much free time and what better way than to spend it with the people she loved.

“I’ll start packing after I finish this for Hyejin then” 

“Are your prescriptions all good? Do I need to go refill them before we go?” Byul asked, moving back to grab her coffee mug.

”Yonghee-unnie just dropped off my last set last week. I’ll be ok until next month” 

“hmm... alright” 

 

....

 

 

”Wah, Byul! This is beautiful!” Yongsun gasped as they pulled up to a modernized traditional style Korean home. “You only see this kind of thing in movies” she said as she admired the architecture.

”I’m glad you like it. Come on, let’s go inside” Byul smiled, turning off the engine. She grabbed both her and Yongsun’s luggage, dragging it in until a man came out.

”Welcome back, Byulyi-ssi. Allow me to take your belongings in” 

“Ah, it’s good to see you Youngjo” Byul smiled. “Thank you” she handed him their things, which he took with ease. 

“Master and Lady Moon are waiting inside he said as they walked through the gate. Yongsun couldn’t help but be curious, looking around at the traditional styled home. “Byul doesn’t seem like the type of person that had this kind of upbringing” 

“Yongsun? Is everything ok?” Byul asked, worried. 

“Yeah..I was just admiring everything. It’s funny though... you don’t seem like the kind of person that was brought up in this kind of atmosphere” Yongsun chuckled, she wondered if Byul wore traditional clothes when she was younger. Everyone she had seen was wearing a hanbok. It’s like they were walking through the Joseon era. The sounds of dogs barking in the distance made her look around for the source.

”Th

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter