Smile

Heartbeat
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Byul had been pacing around outside Yongsun's room for several hours, unable to do anything until Joohyun gave the all clear for her to receive visitors. Even if Byul was a doctor, she couldn't freely go in and out of anyone's room. 

"Unnie, please eat something. Yewon said she hadn't seen you eat since lunch" Wheein nudged a cafeteria sandwich and juice box at her. The nurse had clocked out two hours ago, deciding to stay with Byul to make sure she was alright. 

"No...I'm not hungry" Byul replied, continiung to pace around. 

"Yah! At least sit down, your footsteps are making me more anxious" Hyejin pulled Byul down to a seat, handing her the sandwich Wheein had bought. "Eat. Yongsun-unnie would be hurt if she found out you didn't eat because of her" They both watched as Byul opened the sandwich, eating quickly. It seemed like her words were effective. Wheein handed Byul the juice box the doctor had liked so much in the past. 

"I've never seen unnie this nervous before....." Wheein thought. 

"You can come in now, she's doing fine" Joohyun opened the door. Wheein had to grab Byul before she ran into the room. 

"Unnie! If you show her how stressed you are, she'll only feel worse" Wheein whispered. Byul took a moment to calm herself and thanked Wheein.

She walked inside to see Yonghee talking with Yongsun about something. The two sisters stopped talking and Byul felt a pang run through her heart. A small smile formed on Yongsun's lips, letting Byul know she was alright. 

"As I was telling Yonghee-unnie, Yongsun's going to need a heart transplant earlier than we thought. Much earlier. Especially since she collapsed like that...." Joohyun ontinued explaining to Wheein and Hyejin who were not informed of Yongsun's current state. Joohyun had told Byul not long after Yongsun had been re-admitted.

Byul couldn't hear anything after that sentence. She walked over to Yongsun who only looked at her with eyes full of sadness. Her smile could hide everything but her eyes could hide nothing from Byul. She sat down, taking Yongsun's hand in her own, caressing it gently. "Why didn't you tell me?" 

"Let's leave them alone for a few minutes. Yonghee-unnie~ let's get something to drink from the vending machine" Byul heard Wheein drag away a rather confused Yonghee. Hyejin and Joohyun quickly left as well, leaving the two of them alone.

"I didn't want to stress you out even more" Yongsun replied, she tried not to get too worked up.

"Yongsun...please, nothing stresses me out more than seeing you here. You should have told me" Byul said softly, she knew Yongsun felt bad for not telling her. "But....I'm sorry. I forgot to carry your call button today...I can't imagine how scared you must have been" Byul gripped Yongsun's hand tighter, she cursed at herself for being so useless. There was nothing she could do as a doctor to help her except wait for that donor.

"No....don't blame yourself. I was lucky....I went to the studio today. Hyejin found me" Yongsun tried to explain. She couldn't help but choke up seeing Byul like this. The strong confident woman she knew was gone, instead a tired, sad soul sat next to her. She could feel Byul's pain. 

"I won't let this happen again....I actually checked the list earlier...you've gone up to top priori

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter