Confusion

Heartbeat
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Yongsun had managed to sneak out of her room without any of the nurses or doctors noticing. It had been a while since both Hyejin and Byul started acting strange. Wheein didn’t have a clue as to what she was even talking about when she asked. Yongsun decided she’d take things into her own hands, meeting the director herself. “I swear it has something to do with the director…” 

Yongsun stood in front of her office with her hospital gown on. She took a deep breath and knocked on the door. She heard a muffled “come in” and opened the door quickly.

Krystal was surprised to see Yongsun standing in front of her. It had been almost two weeks since her transplant and the woman had an almost glowing aura around her. Most patients would still be in the midst of recovering, bedridden for a few more weeks. 

“Yongsun-ssi, what a surprise. What brings you to my office?” Krystal asked, setting down her pen. 

“I’ve had some things that have been bothering me. Do you mind if I ask you a few questions?” Yongsun smiled.

“Of course not. Please, take a seat” Krystal smiled back. She didn’t really know why Yongsun was here, but she figured it had to do with Byul.

“You seem to dislike Dr. Moon, why is that?” Yongsun asked, her eyes watching the director’s facial expressions carefully. 

Krystal chuckled, she glanced at the staff schedule. Byul was currently in surgery, giving her ample time to deal with the woman in front of her. “Yongsun-ssi, you’re quite observant, aren't you?” 

Krystal got up to get something, pulling out an old box. Yongsun watched as she pulled something out, handing her an old Polaroid. Her eyes grew wide looking at it’s content.  “You can never get past a woman’s intuition can you? That’s right, we used to date. Don’t worry I’m not after Byul or anything. I’m married to someone I really love” Krystal flashed her wedding ring, Yongsun could see it was very high end. The smile seemed genuine enough to where Yongsun wanted to believe her.

“Then why do you treat Byul so badly?” Yongsun replied, the sight of Byul having her arm wrapped around someone else made her feel jealous. She became worked up even thinking about Byul with anyone else. She also couldn't understand why the director was treating Byul like this. If she was happily married, shouldn't she just leave Byul alone? 

“She deserves it. It’s as simple as that” Krystal scoffed. She took the Polaroid back, throwing it into the paper shredder. Yongsun knew she was doing it all for show.

“She’s dangerous…I need to be careful” 

“Then..is it safe to assume that you…” Yongsun stood her ground, not giving into Krystal's intimidation tactics. “Are the reason why she’s acting so strange?” 

“You’re quite skilled at putting things together, have you considered detective work?” Krystal smirked, she looked Yongsun in the eye. “I suppose you could say it was my fault but...if I’m honest, I think it’s yours” 

“Mine? What are you talking about?” Yongsun frow

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter