Control

Heartbeat
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 Byul was looking over a case for a surgery she was scheduled to do next week, she heard a knock on her door.

"It's open" She replied, continuing to look at the patient file. She adjusted her glasses, looking over to see who came in. "Oh, are those the files I asked for?" 

"Yes, the results just came back from the lab" YooA replied as she shut the door.

"Thank you, you can leave them over there for me" Byul pointed with her pen at the file cabinet, she continued looking at the file. The woman seemed hesitant to leave. "Do you need something YooA?" 

"We haven't been talking much these days, is something wrong?" YooA set the files down, coming closer to Byul, her arm draped around her neck.

"I've been busy, nothing's wrong" Byul turned her attention to the woman who looked eager to eat her up.

"It must be stressful then...say, do you want to de-stress?" YooA whispered, her right leg rested in between Byul's. Byul tilted her head, she was unconciously being swept along. YooA's soft lips met with hers, Yongsun's image flashed in her mind. Byul stopped YooA's hand when she felt it going up her shirt. 

"Enough, I'm busy today" Byul broke away, her thoughts becoming clear again. "It's nothing personal, I'm just not in the mood"

"Yah, you're really cruel you know that" YooA's voice wavered, her fists were clenched. "Everyone knows how much I like you but you still sleep around with all those other es! Sejeong, Seoryung, Minju, Gahyeon! I've seen you with all of them and I know there are others. I'm jealous you know?......It's because I like you a lot...Why won't you give me a chance to be something more than them? You said I was your favorite!" YooA huffed. Byul stood up from her desk, making the nurse back up.

"I thought it was clear when we started all this that there were no strings attached. I can't give you anything more than what we have now. If you're not satisfied with that then..let's stop" Byul's eyes had a dark aura around them. YooA didn't respond, her eyes watering.  Byul backed YooA up into a corner, she slammed her hand into the wall.  "And you were my favorite, plaything. Nothing more, nothing less" There was a long pause. She really hated doing things like this but she found it the most effective in getting rid of clingy pests. 

"If you have nothing else to say to me, get out" 

YooA hesitated but bit her lip, ducking under Byul's arm. She ran toward the door quickly, bumping into Wheein on her way out. "Please excuse me" she bowed as an apology. Wheein just nodded her head, watching as YooA headed toward the bathroom.

"Yah unnie, what happened? Somi-ah said she heard some yelling coming from your office as she passed by" Wheein stood in front of Byul's desk, her arms crossed.

"Ugh....I'll tell you later, I have a headache now" Byul sat down, rubbing her temples. She sighed.

"Hmm...alright. Oh, a Kim Yonghee wants to see you in about an hour" Wheein opened the door again, "Get some rest, you look tired" 

"Mm..alright, send her in when she's here" 

"Got it" Wheein left as quickly as she came, the sound of the door shutting echoed slightly.

Byul sighed. "Ahh...so annoying" She closed her eyes, thinking back to the image of Yongsun she saw. For some reason she had felt bad kissing YooA, and now she had harshly threw someone away due to her confusion. 

...

"I'm sorry for only coming to you now, Dr. Moon. I've been busy with work" Yonghee said, offering an apologetic bow. 

"No no. it's quite alright" Byul replied, motioning for the woman to sit, she didn't.  "What brings you here?" 

"It's about Yongsun. I know she's quite a handful sometimes but I have to ask you to please take care of her" Yonghee bowed again, Byul stood up, walking over to get her to lift her head.

"Yonghee-ssi it's alright you don't need to do that" Byul smiled, pulling out the chair for her.

"Ah..thank you...I'm sorry it was a hasty decision but she finally agreed to do the surgery and me as well as everyone else are so happy to hear she'll finally do it. I hope you ca

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter