Different

Heartbeat
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Rumors floated around about how Byul had been dumped. Byul had hardened her heart, turning cold. The once chic and cool doctor was now just cold heartless. Her staff and residents were always on edge around her, unsure of when she would explode next. Byul had ditched her once playful past and refused to get involved with anyone else, rejecting those that came to capture her heart.

 

Wheein watched Byul as she went over a patient chart with a newer resident. The poor girl was being scolded for forgetting to write something down. 

“Dr. Moon has become scary” Somi whispered as she sat down next to Wheein. “She was so nice in the past” 

“Mm...she really has” Wheein sighed. Even she hadn’t really talked to Byul recently. The last month she had only exchanged greetings. Byul had stopped bothering to respond to her messages unless it was important or work related. 

“It’s not difficult. Don’t make this mistake again. Now go! “ Byul growled. She ran her hands through her hair, sighing as the resident ran off. “It’s not that hard...why doesn’t anyone understand anything” 

She began walking back to her office, she had a bunch of paperwork to finish. The scolding had set her back fifteen minutes and she was determined to finish it all today.

Byul sat down in her chair, noticing a letter on her desk. “YooA?” Byul opened it quickly, curious if its contents. She smiled at its contents. YooA would be back in the hospital in a few weeks. She would be assigned under Byul’s section, and decided to notify Byul ahead of time.

A knock on the door made her look up. "Come in" She smiled as she saw who it was.

"I heard you chewed out another one" Sanduel laughed as he handed her a coffee. He was the only doctor that still bothered to talk to her. She couldn't understand why, after all, she had become a jerk.

"I don't understand what's so hard about copying down the old chart onto a new peice of paper" Byul grumbled, taking a sip of the coffee. "Anyways, what brings you into my office?" 

"Ah..well, I was hoping we could grab dinner together" He smiled. 

"Eh? We're both on duty tonight" Byul furrowed her brows. 

"Don't do that, you'll get wrinkles" He laughed. "I should have clarified. Let's have dinner in the cafeteria" 

"Yah...you" Byul scoffed. "Fine. When?" 

"8?" 

"Mmm...alright. Now go, I have a lot of work to do" Byul shooed him away. Sandeul grinned as he left, waving. 
 

Byul smile

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter