Downfall

Heartbeat
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Dr. Moon! Calm down!” The security team was trying to hold Byul back. Byul had gone berserk when Yongsun confessed everything that happened. All of the lies, the blackmail, everything. 

 

Byul had stormed into Krystal’s office to confront her and shoved, the two ended up fighting with their fists. Security had been called while Byul and Krystal wrestled each other. Papers were all over the floor, the room looked completely wrecked.

“Let me go! We’re not finished! You bastard!” Byul was being held back by three security guards as she tried to go at Krystal. 

The director was brushing the dust off her shoulders, JiU had called the cops, shaking her head as she glanced at Byul. 

“Dr. Moon, I’m afraid I’ll have to report this to the disciplinary committee” Krystal smirked. 

Byul gritted her teeth, letting herself get dragged away. Her career as she knew it was over.

Byul sat quietly in the security office, waiting for the police to arrive. The familiar bear like cop showed up with a disappointed look on her face. “Moon Byulyi, you’re under arrest for charges of assault. Anything you say can and will be used against you” Seulgi said as she cuffed Byul up. Byul kept her head high as she walked out to the cruisers. Whispers were flying off the walls as she walked by. Seoul Hospital’s best cardiothoracic surgeon was just arrested for assaulting a hospital director.

Byul couldn’t look at Yongsun as she passed by her, she was ashamed. 


 


 

Byul sat in the holding cell, staring into the empty space. She didn’t know what to do. She had messed up and let her temper get the better of her again. “It looks like the thing I’m the best at is messing up my own life” Byul was soon lost in a state of emptiness, quickly falling asleep to the ambient noise of the police station. 

 

Flashback.

 

“Be honest with me. Did Krystal do this?” 

Byul waited for Yongsun’s response. The hesitation made it clear Byul had hit it spot on.

“.....it’s none of your business” Yongsun tried being cold. Byul wasn’t having it.

“Stop this Yongsun. Don’t do this anymore...please. Stop suffering alone….” Byul held Yongsun’s hands tightly. “What did she do?” She asked, her voice even softer than before. She was afraid of what she would hear.

 

Yongsun burst out crying again, everything was too much for her to handle. She had been stressed for weeks, alone. She had watched Byul through all of it, noticing the lost weight, her cold behavior. She even was cursed at by some nurses for breaking their idol's heart. All because she wanted to protect Byul’s career, her hopes, her dreams. Yongsun lost sight of what happiness was, she lost the feeling her heart ached so much for. 

Byul waited patiently for Yongsun to calm herself, embracing her and then drying her tears.The two sat in silence as Byul rubbed Yongsun's back.

Yongsun sniffed, finally able to speak again. “I did this for you”

“For me? Why?” Byul furrowed her brows.

“I wanted you to live your dreams out...that’s something I can’t do. I wanted you to be happy” Yongsun explained, she rubbed her eyes.

“Yongsun...I can't be happy without you” Byul gave Yongsun a quick peck.

“Yah...how are you still so greasy…” Yongsun sniffled, she pouted at Byul before hitting her lightly.

“Sorry...I can’t help it” Byul smiled. “But what does krystal have to do with this?” 

“She has...photos….photos of you and other staff doing...things” 

Byul closed her eyes, gritting her teeth. She had a feeling she knew what photos Yongsun was talking. “She blackmailed you…” she felt her blood boil.

“I tried...I tried to let you go...I’m sorry” Yongsun cried into Byul’s shoulder, holding her tightly. “I even kissed Eric...it didn’t feel right. Nothing feels right unless it’s you…” Byul hugged Yongsun even tighter. 

 

“.....they’re not together then” Byul thought. She was secretly relieved to hear that. She glanced at the clock on her wall. “She’s still in” Byul thought.

 

“Yongsun. I won’t ever let you go again. Will you stay by my side no matter what?” Byul asked. “Even

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter