Aches and Pains

Heartbeat
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The whole hospital had spent the last week talking about Dr. Moon’s collapse. It was unusual for the usually healthy doctor to suddenly collapse. Rumors had spread that she had been overworking herself due to the breakup. Which was half true.

Byul had been admitted into the hospital for many things. Her health was terrible. She was underweight, overworked, and had developed insomnia. 

Seungwan had been assigned as her attending physician. The Canadian born woman was mad at Byul, scolding her for not taking care of herself. Joohyun had paid a visit during her free days, scolding the doctor as well. Everyone that came to see Byul ended up scolding her at some point. 

Byul had been discharged after a week, Seungwan had managed to make her gain some weight back. And she had been able to sleep for a decent amount. Joohyun had come back a few days before, taking in Byul’s work to reduce her stress. 

 

Today was the 9th day since Byul passed out. She could finally return to work. Byul strolled into the lobby, her expression even colder than before.

“Byul! Wait up!” Sandeul called out as he spotted her walking across the lobby.

“Sandeul?” Byul turned and felt his arms wrap around her. A few gasps and whispers were heard as he embraced her.

“Are you alright now?” she felt him hug her even tighter.

“Yah! I can’t breathe” Byul joked, pushing it off. He grinned sheepishly.

“My bad” 

“I’m fine. What was with..the hug?” She asked. He hadn’t done anything like this before. He usually made fun of her or liked to annoy her, even when she was angry. Byul had a slight suspicion that he liked her more than just a friend.

“Ah...they say hugs are the best when you’re feeling down...I heard what happened” he scratched his head, embarrassed.

“Aigoo… you’re funny” Byul scoffed. “I have to get going, but let’s have dinner again in the cafeteria?” 

Byul and Sandeul had made it a habit to have dinner once a week with each other. Byul kind of looked forward to it, his presence was fun. She hadn’t seen him in awhile, even when she was admitted he only came to visit once. 

“Alright. 7?” 

“Mm. I’ll see you later ” Byul waved as she started walking toward her office. Sandeul smiled as he watched her walk off.

Byul entered her office to find Jaehwan and Yewon working on some paperwork. The two got up and greeted her quickly before returning back to work.

Byul noticed a sandwich and a juice box on her desk, a small note was taped on the juice box. 

She chuckled. “Yah, you brats” Byul ruffled their hair before going back to her desk.

“Are you feeling better doc?” Jaehwan asked, grinning. “We should have looked out for you more” 

“I’m fine now and it’s not your fault. I should have been more responsible” Byul replied. As much as she wasn’t hungry, she ate the sandwich. Everything still tasted bland to her, but she didn’t want to make her hoobae’s sad. 

“10:45 AM…. I still need to go and do the check up” Byul looked at Yongsun’s patient chart. Joohyun had done one on her return but still wanted Byul to do a second check. “I’ll have someone see if she’s seeing any visitors” 

Byul picked up her office phone and dialed the nurses station. 

“This is the nurses station on floor 2” 

“It’s Dr. Moon. Is the patient in Room 19 seeing visitors as of this moment?” 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter