Strange Unnie

Heartbeat
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Yah, Yongsun-ssi, what are you talking about?” Byul had her hands on her hips. “That’s not up to me. And besides I’m not your attending doctor. Though.. I do suppose you could ask for a transfer but, I don’t see why that’s necessary Dr. Bae is more than capable of performing your surgery” 

“A shame..I was going to reconsider it.. Aren’t you doctors always wanting to operate anyway?” Yongsun smiled mischievously. “I heard some obsess over it” 

Byul gave Yongsun an unamused look. “I suppose some of us do but why do you make it sound so morbid. We don’t enjoy cutting people up for fun y’know” 

“Take a joke, Doctor. You’re always so cold” Yongsun pouted, walking toward the window. A long pause followed. “Joohyun says I can leave after tomorrow”

“That’s good, be sure to take care of yourself” 

“Say, do you want to go on a date with me once I’m out? I’ve never been on one” Yongsun asked, the question startled Byul, she wasn’t expecting that.

“I don’t do dates, Yongsun-ssi” Byul replied. “29 years without a date? Guess they weren't kidding when they said she doesn't get out much...” 

“It doesn’t have to be a date, we can just hang out or something. As much as I love Hyejin, I can’t be bothering her all the time” 

“...fine fine. I’ll contact you on one of my days off” 

“Can I borrow your phone, Doctor Moon?” 

“Huh? Err..sure but why do you need it?” Byul asked as she handed her cell phone over. She didn’t need an explanation once she heard Yongsun’s phone go off. “How dumb can I get? I can’t believe I fell for that..” 

“This way I can text you incase you forget” Yongsun smiled, handing Byul back her phone.

“Aish...you're a real interesting character y’know?” She scratched the back of her neck. “Anyways, I’ll see you around Yongsun-ssi, I have to get back to work” 

Yongsun waved as Byul left, smiling to herself at the doctor's contact information. 

“Ah….I guess I don’t know her first name..Dr. Moon it is” Yongsun pressed save on her screen, holding the phone up to her chest as she plopped down on the bed. 

There was just something different about Dr. Moon that made Yongsun attracted to her. Sure the woman was extremely talented and good looking but Yongsun could tell behind that bad girl act,  the doctor was hiding something. She was determined to find out what it was. Her very existence was intriguing to Yongsun, she had thought that the doctor was a cold heartless doctor at first but after spending some time with her, she realized it wasn't like that at all. The Dr. Moon that had a cold and arrogant aura was actually very kind. 

 

 

Byul had been booked for back to back surgeries since the early morning, she was exhausted and very glad she only had a few hours left in her shift. As she walked past the nurses station, Wheein pointed to someone sitting on the bench. 

“She’s been waiting for you for about twenty minutes now. Wouldn’t leave even though I told her you were busy” Wheein sighed, taking a sip of her coffee.

“Aish..this unnie..” Byul walked over, being taken completely by surprise as Yongsun turned around. The woman was wearing a rather cute sundress, it’s yellow sunflower print suited her youthful look.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter