Chapter 37

T H I E F
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

~*~

I woke up with my arms and body tied to a bed. 

The last thing I remembered was Jaemin was bitten, and him laying on my arms so lifelessly. He wasn't moving.

Though he was still breathing, he was slowly turning. His brain was slowly being damaged by the parasite.

I looked down on what was tying me on the bed. I resisted the urge to laugh at the way they tried to restrain me. "You've gotta be joking, right??" I said to no one.

I scanned the room and found Taeyong staring at me, sitting on a stool leaning on the wall behind him.

I twisted my hand, and tried to shoot a fire to the rope above my wrists. I concentrated my energy on both of my palms, but nothing was happening.

I kept trying to produce heat, even fire, but ... nothing.

I couldn't believe this, but I think I was terrified. For the first time ever, I was horrified that my bending was not working.

"Juli, calm down," Taeyong said as he got up from his seat, panicking. "Juli, please I'm here. Calm down. Lucas had to put you down and blocked you chi—, you were... Renjun was scared and you were—"

"What did they do to Jaemin??" I hissed.

"They're giving him a proper burial at Lotus Hills cemetery." He said.

"Well did you guys make sure he was dead???"

"Juli..." 

He stared at me with that look on his eyes, as if I had lost it.

"I am not crazy, Taeyong. You have no idea but he was bitten, he is infected." I said as I stopped trying to break free. "There is no power in the world that can reverse that. I just want to make sure that he won't turn." I sobbed. "Even if that means that I have to kill him myself."

Taeyong still hadn't said anything, like he felt sorry for me. 

"At least let me see him, before they buried him. Please," I begged. "Let me see my baby brother." My voice broke at the last two words.

Then someone stormed into my private tent. 

It was Yuta. He furrowed his eyebrows when his eyes landed on me. 

I thought he was going to scold me, or something. But then he started to slice the ropes that were restraining me with his swift airbending.

"What are you doing?" Taeyong grabbed his wrist.

"Do you think this will help her calm down?" Yuta snapped back, and pulled his hand.

"Thank you," I mumbled.

"I never agreed to this," Taeyong said through his teeth.

"Then why did you let them do this??" Yuta said as he shoved a cup of water to me.

I didn't know what was going on but I guess I was thirsty, so I drank it.

"Come with me, I have to tell you something." Yuta said and he helped me get out of the bed.
 

~
 

Yuta helped me walk to the so called cemetery up the hill, because I was still tipsy from the anesthesia.

There were a few people, gathered around a spot. 

I knew right away that was it.

I saw everyone of my friends, the rest or the 127, Renjun, and Jeno.

I ran ahead leaving Yuta. 

No.

I couldn't find his body.

"Where is he??" I asked around, and everyone was looking at me like I was crazy. "Where is he???"

Hendery and Jaehyun were shovelling back the dirt to a giant rectangle hole, which was almost filled back up.

No.
 

No,

"No stop," I walked to Jaehyun and yanked the shovel from him. I threw it to the side. 

"Jules," I heard Jennie called me weakly.

"Stop!!" I said as I walked to Hendery and grabbed the shovel from him.

I started to dig the hole again.

"Juli stop!!" Renjun screamed. 

"We have to make sure that he," I stomped on the shovel, "won't," and threw the dirt to the side, "turn."

"No, he won't!!!" Renjun said. "For Jaemin's sake stop!!"

"I thought you were supposed to keep an eye on her??" I heard Ten said.

"Yuta brought her here," Taeyong said.

"When I said to keep her calm, I didn't mean tying her on a bed." Yuta said.

"She was about to decapitate her own brother!" Ten snapped.
 

"Juli, Noona, please stop—"

 

Am I hearing this right??

Did Jeno just dare to call me Noona??
 

I stopped shovelling. "W—" I snickered, "did I hear that right??" I slammed the shovel down to the ground. "What the did you just call me??"

I started to storm off to him.

"Oh ," Mark cursed and ran to me.

"Gurl," Ten said. "He is just a kid."

Maybe to him, but not to me.

"No— Juli—" Rosé panicked as she was about to run to stop me.

Everyone did. Everyone automatically tried to stand between me and Jeno.

Then Hendery blocked my way, holding my shoulders, so did Xiaojun, 

"Juli, this is not how Jaemin would want you to act, please." Hendery said softly. "Taeyong said he was under the influence of her," Hendery whispered to me.

Am I blaming Jeno? Am I really angry at Jeno? 

But this is that dark witch's fault.

It was the boys' fault too. Jaemin and Renjun agreed to it too.

Who was it to blame? Maybe it was me? Maybe I was the one to blame for not telling them about the encounter with infected Mai. That was why they were looking for her, hoping they could see Mai.

I dropped down to my knees and held my head.

"I can't... I can't do this. I can't." 

"Juli, I have something to tell you." Yuta said as he approached me.

"What?" I said as I stifled a cry. 

No tears were coming out, but the tension around my head was getting stronger, and stronger. I was afraid it might explode.

Hendery pulled me into a hug. I held on to him back. I buried my face in his chest. 

My breath was uncomfortably short, I was afraid I might stop breathing.

"Juli," Hendery called. "Juli," he sounded ner

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter