Chapter 50

T H I E F
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

~*~
 

Once he kissed me I pushed him away a bit too harshly.

I stared at him, didn't know what to do.

"Why— why did you do that?" I whispered, and shook my head. "I can't do that, Yuta."

"Juli—"

"Not to Taeyong." I mumbled as I turned around.

As I walked, he didn't say anything, and I was thankful. 

I wiped my face away from all my tears and breathed in slowly. Then out. I walked back to the throne room.

I shouldn't have gave in to his words. My head hurt too much.

I walked to the guys, with a smile. 

"Ok so..." 

Ten explained how my daily schedule for approximately a whole month was looking like. Practice. Training. In different cities in different nations.

I mentally sighed a relief. I needed that, and I couldn't wait. I needed to be away from Yuta. Though he was going to help me with my airbending.

Jaehyun kept sending me worried looks, which I returned with small smiles.

Yuta wasn't even here. He didn't go back to the throne room.

We were done with the small meeting and I exhaled a bit too loud like I was angry. 

I leaned to Mark's ear. "Can you check on Yuta? Just... wanna make sure he's not doing anything... stupid." whispered to him. "You don't have to report back anything to me. Unless it's... bad."

"Wow wow," he grabbed my wrist and pulled me away from the crowd. "Did something happen?" He then asked.

"Kind of. But it doesn't matter. Just—"

Our gazes were shifted immediately to the door that was opening.

Yuta walked in. Face unbothered.

"—never mind." I said to Mark. 

Mark and I went back to the guys. 

"Today," Ten breathed in. "Earth and fire are out of the options considering the location we are at. So it's either water or air, until sun down." Ten said.

"Air is a good idea—"

"While we're here... isn't it better for me to start with water?" I cut Yuta immediately.

I saw Yuta looked at me a bit surprised from the corner of my eye. 

"Well..." Ten shrugged. "I guess it's up to you." He said. "Though your mentor— is not available today so I guess it's either me or Yuta—"

"You can show me some moves." I said. I realized I was acting a bit off. "Or Yuta. It doesn't matter I guess."

"Okaaay...." Ten raised an eyebrow at me. "You're right since we are here it's best that we start with water. Meet you at the palace's courtyard in an hour then."

The guys and I parted right away, and I walked back to my room. Trying to freshen up and get ready.

I really don't understand why Yuta was acting like that after our argument. There was something wrong with him.

I love the water tribe and all, but I just don't know how everyone was handling the cold. I could feel it even to my bones.

"Juli,"

You've gotta be kidding.

"I am worried about you. I just wanted to know if you're okay—"

I bit my lower lip, trying to calm myself before turning around to face him.

"Are you... being serious right now?"

Yuta's face looked surprised at my reply, which then turned back to looking worried. "I— I'm sorry." He said backing away from me. "My room is next to Hendery's if you need anything—"

"Oh my gods please tell me you're ing joking right now."

"Okay calm down— I was just asking if you were okay—"

"I—" I let out a sharp exhale. "Can you stop it??? Just leave me alone!"

"Juli I don't know what you're talking about or what I did wrong—"

"I— Ohhhh..... maybe I'm just too pathetic to keep up with you." I shrugged.

Yuta stared at me and just blinked, like he was completely lost. "Pathetic? What in Haphaestus are you talking about, Juli?"

He sounded... different. Then I realized something. When he talked to me earlier before the small meeting... was different.

This... this is the usual Yuta. 

"Stop ing with my mind, Yuta." I felt my eyes hot again. 

"Juli," he stepped closer to me. "I know you might not want to talk about it but please tell me what happened—"

"You're ing unbelievable!!! After all of that you said to me—"

"What? What did... I say?"

My mouth gapped opened at that. "What the —"

"We haven't said a single word to each other since you got back last night, Juli." Yuta said.

What.....??

"I don't know how you got back, but I'm so glad you did." He said while I kept staring at him in confusion. "I didn't want to pester you with any question because... I don't know what to do. Tell me that you're okay... please. I will walk away from you this instant if you say so." He said.

....

My head got tensed and it felt like something was pressing in painfully into the back of my head. I didn't know whether to throw my head on the icy wall or punch myself in the face or punch Yuta— 

"But— you—" my lips were trembling and I cursed myself. "We spoke... earlier..." I sobbed. "... after the war meeting..." I inhaled a shaky breath.

He looked at me with panic in his eyes, he looked like he wanted to get closer but he was hesitating.

"After the war meeting?" He said. "Juli... I'm very worried now because after the war meeting I talked to several people to hear their opinions then I went to look for you because the

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter