Chapter 20

T H I E F
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

~*~
 

"Let's go now." I said and both Yuta and Victor looked at me like I didn't have a brain. "So he is out there not in one of the Safe Zones?"

"No and yes. Yes, he is out there, not in a Safe Zone. No, you aren't going tonight you will go tomorrow night." Victor said.

"That's crazy! He is in terrible danger and you want us to wait for another 24 hours?" I expected Yuta to back me up but instead he kept quiet.

"I have my reasons and you are now dismissed. Goodnight to both of you and good luck on your mission."
 

~
 

I threw back Jennie's black mini dress on her bed and sighed.

"That's too goth for me. Don't you have anything..." I trailed off not knowing what was the right word to describe an outift I was looking for.

"Cute? Girly and cheerful?" Jennie said as she continues digging her huge closet.

"Normal. Decent." I said.

"Come on Juli, your date is Jaehyun. That guy has good taste in fashion. You have to look cute."

I stared at the black mini dress that I threw a few second ago. It looks normal but I have never worn something so girly and good like this I am scared that I will feel uncomfortable.

"I think the black dress I gave you earlier is the best choice, ya know..."

"What?"

"Being Jaehyun's a black fire user." Jennie grinned and I scowled.

"Fine. I'll try this on, be right back." 

I walked over to change in the washroom and went out wearing the black dress after a minute. I stood in front of Jennie. She quickly pushed me to her vanity table and we both looked at my reflection on the mirror.

The black dress was decorated with floral patterns and it was a v-neck. I pulled up the dress constantly so that it won't reveal too much of my s. Jennie hit my hand.

"Don't do that." Jennie pulled the skirt down and revealed a bit of my . "If you're gonna wear this dress, wear it with confidence. You look bomb." 

I narrowed my eyes to Jennie. Why is she the one getting excited when it's my date.

"Smile." Jennie pulled the corners of my lip upwards. 
 

~
 

I regret letting Jennie do my hair. She did soft curls and put a white hair clip on my hair and I felt it was totally unnecessary.

As I was walking outside to the Maze Garden at the back of the institute, I pulled the hair clip off my head.

The wind hit my face and I wasn't ready for it. I hope no one saw that.

"You looked cute with that on." 

I searched for the person to my right and it was Jaehyun, walking to me.

I felt my face was burning.

He was wearing a blank black t-shirt with jeans and a black baseball hat.

The minimalism made his charisma shines like never before. 

I looked away from him, I was staring at the floor. Then I let out a dry laugh. "It hurts."

Jaehyun's eyebrow was raised in confusion.

"Uh I mean the hair clip; it hurts and I am not used to wear these." I said.

"Then whose hair clip is it?" 

"It's Jennie's."

Then silence filled the air.

Jaehyun cleared his throat, "where do you want to eat?"

Why did he have to make me choose...

"Honestly, I am bad at making decision." I breathed in. "However, it would be cool for you to show me your favorite snacks from the Fire Nation at the market."

I looked up and met his eyes. He returned the gaze but didn't respond to me yet.

"Alright." 

I automatically smiled softly as a respond.

He walked closer to me, and slid his arm to mine. He interlaced our fingers together and pulled me to walk with him.

I think my heart was going to explode. My whole body was going to explode into tiny little pieces.

I wasn't prepared for that. 

We walked together in silence to Lotus City. This time, it was a warm silence. Everything seemed so warm with him, especially my heart.
 

~
 

"Two sizzle-crisp!" 

The cook handed us two boxes of sizzle-crisp and two pair of wooden spoons.

I looked at the red small balls. 

"Looks like flaming fire flakes." I said and I stared at the food on my hand.

"Yeah? You've had that?"

I nodded.

I took a spoon of a few sizzle crisp and put it in my mouth.

It was so spicy, but I could handled it.

No who am I kidding I am the weakest human being and I will die if I eat anymore of this.

"You can't eat spicy food?" 

I stopped whatever I was doing and stared at Jaehyun.

He was smiling so freely and my heart couldn't take it. I've never seen him smiling so

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter