Chapter 53

T H I E F
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

~*~

 

TEN

 

I should've eaten dinner so I wouldn't be freezing like this. I could see my breath as I breathed out though my mouth. When I got in, I turned around to face Lisa.

"What are you doing here?" I scowled at her.

"I do whatever I want, Tenten." Lisa smirked at me.

"Don't call me that!" I cringed. "Who sent you here? Apollo sent you to spy on us?"

"I might be the Oracle, but that doesn't mean that he is my dad!" She glared at me.

I rolled my eyes and let myself fall to on top of the couch. "Yeah, whatever." I said. "It's just weird. I haven't seen you in... I don't know... ages."

"It got boring back at the camp." She said. 

She must be talking about Camp Half-Blood.

"So I decided to visit my friends." She continued, keeping her head low.

"Well we got good news for you because you're going back to Camp Half-Blood, Oracle!" I said with a grin.

"Huh? Why?" 

I stood up immediately, realizing something. I looked around and wasn't able to find it.

"Where the is Juli??"

Lisa raised an eyebrow at me, "you mean the Prophecy Girl? She said she forgot something."

I facepalmed myself.

I stormed out of the house without hesitation. I didn't care if I closed the door a bit too loud and woke everyone in the house. I didn't even care if Lisa was going to follow me.

I left her out of my sight for one second, and that girl managed to disappear. What the ?

No, seriously. What the .

If something happens to her, who do you think Yuta will blame?

Surely not his girl.

I mean what is up with everyone and this girl. Sure, she's the Avatar. I have to admit that's kinda hot. And she kicks butts. That's hot too. But for me any girl who can kick butts are hot.

I looked around the streets, and found her standing in the middle with her back against me. I approached her calmly.

I have to be careful. It might not be her.

"Juli?" I tried to call her, which she didn't respond.

I opened my waterskin as I approached her. Ready to strike if something seemed suspicious.

"Wait, is that Renjun?" Lisa whispered behind me.

"Her brother?" I asked as I made a better view at who she was talking to.

"Yeah. But I am pretty sure Renjun is asleep in the house. Everyone is."

"Why were you still up?"

"I was hungry." Lisa said.

We were getting closer, and Renjun looked like he was forcing Juli by pulling her to go with him.

"Are you sure Renjun is in the house?" 

I looked behind my shoulder and Lisa nodded a yes.

I closed my waterskin and breathed in, then out.

I needed more water, so I extracted water from the grass and soil on people's front yard and made it go straight to the imposter.

The imposter dodged it and began to attack Juli. He hissed, and seemed like he wanted to bite her. Which was weird as hell. Totally not Renjun the human kid.

Her moves reminded me of Jaehyun's so much. She managed to give him a few strikes with her blue fire and tackled the kid down to the ground. Got on top of him and was ready to burn him with the fire torch coming off of her right fist.

Okay. Forgot that she is now able to do that now. Damn. I wanted to cry and hug her and tell her how proud I am but we have to interrogate the imposter I guess.

Lisa and I ran to them.

"Flying hog monkeys, Your Highness," I began. "The were you thinking??? What part of we have to keep our eyes on each other at all time you don't understand??"

"I was trying to get something out of him but you ruined it!" She said.

I gasped in shock. "Oh I'm sorry, Princess—"

Lisa put her hand on my chest telling me to shut up, and she approached Juli.

She bent down, "the girls told me that they had weird encounters with each other, did he ask you to leave the city?"

Juli nodded a yes.

Lisa motioned for Juli to finish her job and she did. The kid disappeared, leaving a scorch mar shaped like his body on the asphalt concrete.
 

 

~


 

We got back to the girls' house.

I just wanted to get this over with. I didn't sign up for any of this. I went to the kitchen, grabbed a frying pan and a wooden spoon. Went back to the common room near the stairs and began the music.

"WAKE UP LADIES!" I screamed as I hit the pan with the wooden spoon. "And Renjun. WAKE UP PLEASEEEE HELLLOOO"

I kept my rhythm but no one was coming down. 

"Ten, the whole neighborhood is going to hear you." Lisa hissed.

"RISE AND SHINEE." I continued to sing. "HELLO BLACK VELVET COME DOWN PLEA— Oof."

I felt something hit my stomach that made me fall down on my . I grabbed the object— a slipper— and looked up the staircase to find none other than Rosé looking like she was ready to stab me.

"I'm gonna kill you, you snow peasant!!" Rosé exclaimed.

"Ma'am I own a three-storey icy mansion how am I a peasant." I said.

Rosé gritted her teeth in anger and was about to launch at me. I cowered away. 

Thanks to Jennie, who came to my rescue, I was not dead that night.

"What do you want, Ten?" Jennie bored her sleepy eyes at me.

The rest of the girls went down and crashed on the couch. Renjun and Juli went to the kitchen together. Leaving me to explain everything to angry powerful women, whose beauty sleeps I just disturbed, who can murder me in—who knows how many ways.

I gulped as I stood in front of the all. 

Finally, I explained as brief and as best as I could. About the attack that we have planned against the witch.

"When are we leaving?" Jisoo asked.

I was glad. That was easy. "Thought you'd never ask!" 
 

 

~



 

JULI

 

When we got to the bending world, Renjun and I will be separated once again. They will be safe in Ba Sing Se while the guys and I travel to help me learn the other three elements.

"No, we have to go to my city in the Northern Water Tribe, it's the safest city—"

"No. The Avatar needs t

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter