Chapter 12

T H I E F
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

~*~

 

I was on my way to my first class in the institute, Introduction to Magical History.

I was walking alone, and people kept staring at me as they passed by. 

Why are they staring at me? What did I do this time?

Then it hit me, maybe because I danced with Xiaojun the other night. Or maybe I was always with Hendery.

I shook my unnecessary thoughts away. I tried to act like it didn't bother me, hoping that I would just slide the hallway without anyone noticing me.

But it was impossible, I already had such an impression.

"Juli," 

My heart stopped and I looked up to look for the one who called me.

As soon as my eyes landed on the maroon velvet suit, I immediately recognise who it was.

I quickly turned around and continued to walk.

"Juli! Wait!" Victor said.

Now the students were giving me questioning looks. 

Like how is she that important that the President is chasing after her? What does the President want with a Dummy?

"Stop wasting our time, Victor." I snapped and glared at him. "You want me to go school here? Fine. It's not like I have any other options, right? But let's just skip the bull. I don't need you checking in on me like you were my—" I felt like I was choking when I was about to say, "father."

"I just wanted to make sure everything is fine..." Victor said.

I breathed in and exhaled. "Well it is. If I need something, I'll go to you, right? Now if you'll excuse me..." I was about to walk.

"Juli, I'm sorry if I've done something to you, but I just want our relationship—"

"I'll talk if you answer everything I asked before. Everything." I said.

"I did, didn't I?" Victor said.

My blood boiled. I curled my fists.

"Why are you telling me to be just a firebender? What the hell does this mean?" I said as I pointed on the scar that was wrapped with cloth.

"I'm sorry, you're not ready for that."

"'Thought so." I mumbled. "Have a good day."

"Juli—" 

Victor called me again but I kept walking.

I walked fast enough disappearing into the crowd. I turned to my right and waited for Victor to go the other way.

I had an idea, I have to look for something inside of his office.

 

 

~




 

I walked all the way back to where I came, and it led me to the Main Hall.

There weren't anybody around the Main Hall so I made my way upstairs without a problem.

I leaned to the door, trying to listen if someone was inside. I pushed open the heavy door and went inside his office.

My heart was beating hard under my chest, but I had to ignore the feeling and do this fast.

I walked over to his table and opened the drawers one by one.

All of the file covers that he had were black, and there was one particular cover that was white. I grabbed it and on the front was written,

Ramos.

That's the name of the institute. Without thinking, I opened and skimmed through what were inside.

I was expecting to read about the history of the institute, finding pictures of the institute's architectural development or something, but instead the first thing that I found was a picture of a family.

The picture that Victor showed me,

My family,...

I heard the door flung opened and my heart stopped.

I looked up in alarm and gasped slightly.

I thought it was Victor, but it wasn't.

"What the hell?"

Jaehyun stopped and frowned at me.

"What do you want?" I asked him, trying to sound calm.

He snickered, "you must be joking. I am the one who should be asking you that."

"Could you close the door, please?"

Jaehyun smirked a devilish smile, and pushed open the door wider.

"What the hell do you want?"

"You need to get out, now. Before I change my mind." Jaehyun said.

I gritted my teeth and slammed down the file to the table.

"Look, I have every rights to be here—"

"Rights?"

"I am—" 

I was suddenly frozen and a wave of pain hit my head. 

I flinched in pain.

I looked to where Jaehyun was standing but suddenly the room started to tilt to the right. I lost my balance and fell on my cheek.

I saw Jaehyun's shoes were running to my direction in slo-mo. 

"Hey, Dummy. Get up..." Jaehyun said,

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter