Chapter 16

T H I E F
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

~*~
 

How am I going to tell the girls that I am the Avatar?

How would they react to it?

"I am Master Jeong Jeong."

The old guy with white beard and hair was standing on a solid dirt that looked like a rounded stage, in the middle of this opened field.

I guess this is where Hendery was referring to as the Summer side to this cave.

The sky was so clear and blue, I could see the sun shining down on us as the cool breeze brushing against our robes.

I couldn't help to think that maybe this clear blue sky and the sun were fake.

"You there,"

I snapped out of my thoughts and looked at Master Jeong Jeong.

"Quit staring at the Sun, you're gonna go blind. And pay close attention to what I'm saying or you'll get yourself burned!"

"Sorry!" 

Was all I managed to say, and I think he squinted his eyes at me.

"What's your name, young firebender?"

"Juli. My name is Juli."

His gaze was piercing into my soul. He looked quite surprised for a split second there.

He continued to do the lecture on the dirt stage.

I looked around and wonder why were there only seven of us. I saw a lot of people in the Dinning Hall. Are these the only first year firebenders?

"Juli, please step up to the arena." Master Jeong Jeong called out.

I felt like shrinking into the ground.

Everyone cleared the way for me to walk to the arena and Master Jeong Jeong pulled me up with my hand.
 

~
 

I punched the air for the 10000 times but only a fire as small as a jet lighter fire came out for 2 seconds.

I dropped to the ground, trying to catch my breath.

I looked at the full moon above me, and my vision was getting fuzzy. I laid down on the damp grass and watched the night sky. 

Why can't I produce a burst of fire as good as the rest of the class?

I've been practicing since afternoon in a small garden somewhere in the Summer area of the cave. The garden was beautiful and surrounded walls of flowers and vines.

Master Jeong Jeong called me to do small moves based on his guidance but I couldn't.

I closed my eyes and all I saw was the people in my class smirking and snickering at my failure.

When he told the class to fo what he told me to do, the entire class, except me of course, was able to do it.
 

I stared at my shaky hand.

I hear a rustling sound behind the wall on my right. 

"Who's there??" I raised my voice.

I could hear footsteps getting closer to the entrance.

"Juli?" 

"Jaehyun?? What are you doing here?"

Jaehyun raised his eyebrow at me as he walked closer. "I'm the one who should be asking you that."

He was in his casual clothing. Aviator denim jacket with a white t-shirt under, and pair of jeans. He also got a black baseball hat.

He stood in front of me and then he grabbed my wrist.

"You've been practicing??" He said and I yanked my hand back from him. "That explained the smudged uniform and face."

The lunchbox that he was holding with his other hand caught my attention.

My stomach decided to make a grumbling sound. 

I covered my mouth and held my stomach in embarrassment.

Damn it Juli.
 

~
 

"Is my sandwich really that good?" Jaehyun smirked as he took a bite for himself.

We sat together on the grass by the campfire that he made.

I didn't answer him as I was too budy enjoying the food.

He chuckled lightly and blew on the fire to make it spark more.

I stopped munching because I couldn't believe what I was hearing.

Did he actually laugh?

Now I have to be honest, I am actually concerned.

We continued to eat the food in silence.

He offered me a drink from his bottle, and I refused.

I hope my cheeks weren't turning red.

"Thanks—" I hit my chest and cleared my throat. "Thanks for the food."

Jaehyun just smiled softly in return, still staring at the fire. 

I frowned. 

This is not right. Something is wrong with him.

This was my first time seeing this side of Jaehyun. He actually looked at ease and not like he was constantly wanna punch someone in the face and burn them into ashes.

Damn it Juli. Why am I thinking every guy that is nice to me is attractive? I should stop thinking about him, Hendery, Yuta, Taeyong—

"You okay there?"

He caught my attention and I looked at him.

"Why? What?"

"Why are you cringing?"

I let out a dry laugh, "pfftt, I don't know, just thinking." I sighed softly and put my chin on my knees. "There's a lot in my mind right now."

"How long did you practice for?"

I snickered, "I can't even remember when I started. As soon as I stepped out of Master Jeong Jeong's class, I guess." I moved my head to face his beautifully lit f—

I have to stop.

"What brought you here?"

"This is actually my secret hideout."

Oh.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter