Chapter 55

T H I E F
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A/N:
Just a little hint, Juli's POV is before Yuta came to her room.

Enjoy 💚💚


 

~*~

 

JULI

 

"You too huh?" 

Hendery blinked and breathed in before replying, "yeah." He looked away from the sky to the floor. "I thought I was really free, you know. But everytime I try to close my eyes, I'm afraid that I will feel her— I'm always waiting for that coldness spread all over my body again."

I didn't know what to say. I wish I could help him. 

"How about you?"

I breathed in a shaky breath, "you know, just the Avatar stuff." I said. "Remember when Jaemin, Renjun, Mai, you, and I first met? It feels like a few weeks ago. Everything happens so fast... I guess I'm still trying to make sense of it."

"What are you talking about?" He chuckled. "You're a good Avatar." 

That made me smile, "oh yeah? And how'd you know that?" I snickered, "good Avatar." I said in a mocking manner.

"Oh you know," he shrugged. "Your lessons with Jaehyun, now Yuta's airbending teacher. And those useless lessons with Ten and Yuta at Lotus City. You must be a master by now."

I playfully rolled my eyes at him, "oh ha ha, very funny." I said. "You weren't even conscious the whole time." I said quietly.

"Hey," he gave a squeeze back on my hand on top of it. "I know you're good. You're great. I don't have to see to know that." He grinned widely again. 

I pushed him away lightly and shook my head. I felt heat rising to my face. 

Maybe he's right. Though I'm not really sure about that. But I know one thing: I want to be better. I have to be better. 

"What happened anyway? Why is everyone keep saying you beat me up? Did the witch make me do something really bad?" 

"No. It wasn't anything serious." I immediately said. "Ten was the one who said that. You tried to fight us, but— but I stopped you and accidentally pushed you to a tree a bit too hard. That's all." I lied.

I felt his gaze was still on me. Then he leaned closer and tried to make me look at him. 

"That's all." I repeated.

"Okay." He moved away. 

Then we sat on my balcony for I didn't know how long. Staring at cloudless sky and the big crescent moon. Since the temple was up high in a mountain, the air tend to be colder. So I kept warming up my hands with my breath, letting out a bit of heat too. Then I squeezed my jacket tighter around my body.

"Give me your hand." Hendery said softly.

"It's okay." I refused.

"You don't have to waste your energy like that. Give me your hand." He insisted, sounding more like an order.

I stretched out my hand in front of him and he took it. He held my hand in between both of of his hands, making my heart beat like crazy. I don't know what's happening. Hendery and I hug and always lean on each other all the time. But why am I suddenly so conscious about this now?

"Do you wanna go inside? It is getting pretty chilly." Hendery said.

"Sure," 

I got down from the concrete table and so did he.

"Do you wanna try to sleep?" Hendery asked, sounding unsure.

"What?" I automatically responded. 

"Can I stay with you?" 

There it goes again, my heart. I was too surprised to answer, and I just stared at him. Why am I being like this? This is normal for me and Hendery. This isn't supposed to be such a big deal.

What if he can really sleep? What if I can too?

"Sorry, it's okay if you feel uncomfortable by the idea—"

"No." I cut him off mid sentence. "You can stay."

We went inside my room and got on the bed. The bed was quite large but it wasn't ideal for two people. Hendery positioned himself facing the wall and I was facing the other direction too. There was still space between us, even though it wasn't much.

I just realized I don't think I can sleep like this. Not with Hendery. 

It made me question my feelings again. I know my feelings toward Taeyong. But Hendery?

"Juli?" Hendery suddenly called me.

"Yeah?"

The bed shook and I could hear Hendery shifted his position. 

"Juli," he once again said. His voice was closer, he was then facing me.

"Yeah?" I shifted to look behind.

"Can I hold your hand?" He said softly. 

I blinked at him. Our faces were so close to each other. So were our bodies. I was afraid he could hear my heartbeat, because it was pounding like crazy in my chest.

"At least until I'm asleep." 

Well, he fall asleep pretty fast. I shifted to lay my back on the bed, didn't dare to position myself to face him completely. Then I gave him my hand which he took and held, next to his chest. 

I could feel his stare on me. I regret that I had to look back at him, because now I couldn't look away. Then he stared at my lips, and back to my eye. 

"You're not afraid of me?" He whispered.

I blinked, "I'm not." I whispered back. 

It's actually the opposite. But I couldn't say it. I was still not sure what this is and I didn't want to hurt him.

Then he moved a bit, we were dangerously so close now.

"Good night." I panicked and smiled at him, before closing my eyes. 

But then I felt him shift again and felt his lips on mine for a fraction of

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter