Chapter 05

T H I E F
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

~*~

We finally jumped to our death.

Hendery was right, there was a portal.

At about exactly ten meters from the cliff, I felt my heart stopped beating, as we were being transported into an inside of a colourful wormhole. I thought I was dead. We kept falling and falling and it never seem to end. I felt like the inside of my stomach would come out in just a matter of seconds.

I could feel Hendery squeezing my hand tighter. He was at the very bottom, then I was next, then Jaemin, then Renjun at the very top. The four of us were still hand in hand together.

I could see a dark spot at what it seemed to be the end of this colourful wormhole. And as we got closer, I realised that it was a pool of water.

The water hit my face first before anything else on my body and it stung like hell. 

We were somehow drowned in a pool of water, I saw no barrier or whatsoever. It looked like we were in some kind of a vast ocean, a clear, green-ish ocean.

I found Hendery and he swam to me and the boys. 

Once he took back my hand again, he pointed up above us telling us to swim to the surface somewhere up there.

We immediately swam up right away as fast as we could, I was running out of breath.

As my head was out of the water only for a few inches, there was a force that pulled us up from the water and we started to fall again.

I was expecting the fall to be as long as before, but it only took a second. 

I landed harshly on something that didn’t feel like a ground, or a rock. 

I landed on someone. 

After I felt like I was strong enough to get up from whoever I landed on, I slowly pushed the ground and lifted my head.

I felt dizzy. My vision was blurry at first and I could see three heads floating around under me.

As my vision was getting clearer, my eyes widened knowing who I landed on.

His long beautiful eyelashes fluttered as he was trying to open his eyes. Water was dripping down from my face onto his. 

I didn’t know why I couldn’t get myself to get up from him.

His eyes was slowly opening and to my surprise, he wasn’t shocked or anything. He didn’t tell me to get up.

He stared right into me.

Our nose touched.

“Aww…” 

I hear a grunting voice somewhere.

I quickly got up from Hendery immediately and landed on the hard ground next to him.

I felt like I didn’t have any sense of balance. It was like the gravity is three times stronger than usual.

I nudged my head in pain. I scanned around to look for the boys. Renjun was sitting not far away from where I was and was holding his head in pain.

My heart stopped when I saw Jaemin still laying motionless on the ground.

I immediately rushed to him. 

I held both of his shoulders, “Jaemin!” I said.

I shook his body lightly and there was no respond.

“Hendery!” I called, “what happened to him?”

“He is supposed to be okay, calm down—“

“Don’t tell me to calm down! He is unconscious on the ground!”

“He is just drained of energy.”

I ignored Hendery.

I have to try something.

I had to get the water out of his system.

I held out my palm to his chest and closed my eyes shut to concentrate. I could feel the water that was flooding his airway and lungs. I picture the water slowly moving out of his mouth as my hand guided the way. I started to feel tension on my arm.

It’s back. I got it again.

As my hand finally reached above his mouth, I made a motion as if I was grabbing something.

The water came out of his mouth and it formed into a ball between his face and my hand.

I immediately threw the water as far as I could.

Jaemin breathed in sharply before getting up from the ground to cough the remaining water out of his body.

I pulled him into a hug and patted his back. I hushed, “you scared me.” I whispered. “You’re okay now, I got you.”

A pair of boots was standing in front of me behind Jaemin, while I held him in my arms

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter