Chapter 28

T H I E F
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

~*~

 

"This smell..."

Both of our attention were at the cyclops.

"Is it who I think it is?" The cyclops said.

I had a bad feeling it was talking about me, but I started to run anyway.

"Come here little princess!!"

The room started to shake, and the ground started to crack. I knew that it was running.

Running towards me.

I wanted to believe that it wasn't talking about me, but he said princess.

Ten. How am I going to make an excuse about this? Will it work if I just pretended I didn't know what it was talking about?

I looked back over my shoulder and it was running to my direction. Ten was trying to stop it to get to me, but he got too close with the cyclops and it swatted him away to the wall.

There was no way I would outrun him too, so I stopped on my track and let out fire stream to its direction.

It lasted for a few second, even until my fire turned blue. My fire got so big and hot, and I never let out that much amount of fire before. 

But the Cyclops was still there, standing. I could feel it behind my fire.

I stopped the fire stream.

The cyclops opened its one big eye and smirked at me.

How!?

I closed my eyes as it started to charge at me.

Then a figure of a guy came between the cyclops and me. The ground grumbled and the cyclops got trapped as it sank into the ground.

It was Mark.

"Juli! Run!" He said.

I was too stunned to move, unable to get a single muscle to get up and get out of the scene.

Then I saw Jaehyun running towards the helpless cyclops who was struggling to break free from the ground. Mark was still holding the earth to trap the cyclops.

"Jaehyun!" A cry came out of my mouth, I was able to move again. "Don't! Fire doesn't work."

Then I felt my arms were being held up. It was Hendery. "Come on, Juli. We have to get out of here!"

"But Ten!"

"They're gonna be fine. Yuta and Xiaojun are on their way." Hendery calmly said. "Come on!"

Hendery was dragging me out of the Main Hall but I fought him to stay. But then, the room was being lit up, and the source of the blinding light came from where Mark and Jaehyun were standing at.

Coming off from Jaehyun's middle finger and index finger, was... lightning.

Lightning.

Just like what you always see something light up every time the sky grumbled if it is pouring. But this time, the lightning was coming out of Jaehyun's fingertips.

His lightning electrocuted the cyclops and it was now unconscious.

Hendery finally let go of me, but I wasn't fighting him anymore. I was now stunned, staring at Jaehyun.

A bender just defeated a Greek monster. Is that even possible?

"It couldn't be..."

"Juli, we need to get out you out of here. It isn't safe for you."

"Nowhere is safe right now, Hendery." I snapped.

I ran to where Ten was laying motionlessly at. I grabbed his shoulders and he winced in pain.

I forgot that he has an injury on his right shoulder. "Are you alright?"

"Do I look like I am, Princess??" 

.

"What was that all about anyway? What Princess? It couldn't be you, could it?"

"You shouldn't be concerned about that right now." I tried to throw him off the subject.

Ten shoved me away from him, and got up from the ground all by himself, even though he was grunting a bit too loud because of the tension on his shoulder. He walked to Mark and Jaehyun.

"What should we do now?" Mark said out of frustration.

"Where the hell are Yuta and Xiaojun! It will regain consciousness soon! We need them!"

"I'll handle it from here!"

Our attention were shifted to the voice behind Hendery and me. It was Dareia. She brought an army of armed demigods, maybe thirteen of them.

Rosé and Wendy were in the crowd too.

"Juli!" They both exclaimed at the same time as they saw me.

"Are you guys okay?" I asked them.

"More than okay!" Wendy flexed her gold giant sword.

"Yuta and Xiaojun are handling the hellhound at Half-Blood Chamber. I don't know where the rest of the students were evacuated but they are with Mahkah!" Dareia shouted to Jaehyun.

Jaehyun nodded immediately, waited no time and started to storm off to Half-Blood Chamber. But he stopped and looked at Hendery intensely. 

"Get her out of here, to where the rest are being evacuated." Jaehyun said to Hendery.

"No!" I snapped. "No. It's my choice, and I am coming with you."

"I don't have the time to argue—"

"Then don't."

"I know your firebending has the most impressive progress but I am not risking you."

"I want to help." I said as I looked at his eyes intensely.

 

~

 

Jaehyun, Hendery, Mark, Ten and I were running back to the Half-Blood Chamber. As I got a peek of the inside, it turned into a nightmare. Everything was destroyed.

The arena was torn badly, and so were the seats. Water was leaking under the seats,

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter