Chapter 47

T H I E F
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

~*~

As we got out of the restaurant, I was still feeling hungry. 

I barely ate anything. The prince and Mark ate so fast that I wasn't able to keep up. 

"So what do you wanna do next, Juli?" Mark grinned as he rubbed his palms together with excitement.

"You said there were festivals." I asked the prince.

"It's around the Lower Ring wall. Come on!" The prince waved his hand as he started to walk, telling us to follow him.

The Middle Ring was beautiful at night. Not that I know what it's like at day, but I can say it's because of the lanterns along the streets. People were still out with their families, friends, lovers. It reminded me of Lotus City. Reminded me of the good times, and also everything that I have left behind.

But compared to Lotus, the Middle Ring was packed with shops and restaurants. 

I walked to catch up with Mark and walked side to side with him.

People were starting to stare. At Mark, at me, and at the prince. Unlike Mark and I, they must've known what their prince looks like.

"Do you think they're starting to realize?" I said quietly to Mark. Then I looked at Yangyang who was walking ahead if us. "He's done this a lot, hasn't he?"

"From the looks of it, yeah." Mark shrugged.

I gave him a grin, "so, a prince, huh?" 

"Aaah," Mark blushed and rubbed the back of his neck, "it's not that big of a deal. I'm still... me. The royal life never suits me."

I raised an eyebrow at him, "really? How come?"

"I rather fight, go on missions, get my hands on the field with my friends. I could never do what Yangyang does. I'm too much of a coward. I know someday, I will have to accept the throne. Just by the thought of it is enough to keep myself awake at night." Mark said as he watched his own steps. 

"You're not a coward." I said. "Everyone is afraid of something. But I hope you will find the courage to face that, Mark." I smiled to myself, "I think you will make a wise king. A handsome one too." 

Mark grinned widely at my words, "thanks, Juli." He said. "I hope you're right."

"We're here!" The prince in front of us stopped abruptly as he spread his arms.

I looked around and found even more lanterns, and a lot of small tents selling various of food. The air smelled like roasted pork and the ocean at the same time.

I turned around, and found a vendor offering me a large squid skewer. It was so big I jumped back a bit out of surprise. I bumped into someone as I was walking backwards slowly. 

"It's my favorite." 

I turned around and found the prince taking a bite of the squid's head.

I frowned at the view.

"Juli come on there are games there!" Mark grabbed my wrist, and pulled me with him.

As I took a glance back one more time, afraid if I might miss something in the area before I go, I noticed a crowd was gathered not far from where we were at. I pulled back my hand from him.

"What's going on there?"

They were throwing their fists up in the air like they were cheering at something. 

"That will be... a street fight." The prince followed my gaze.

Without saying anything, I began to walk to it. I was curious of why they were cheering so loud. 

I pushed through the crowd, being mindful of my long dress and capes not getting stepped on by these sweaty, big men around me. As I was far enough in the crowd to see what it was about, I couldn't look away.

There was really a fight, and the two guys who were fighting were earthbenders. 

"Juli!" 

I heard Mark from behind and he stood next to me. Then Yangyang stood on my other side.

"You can't run off like that! We might lose you in the crowd." Mark said.

"This is so cool," I mumbled.

"And illegal." Prince Yangyang added.

The thin, long haired guy was winning. He was dodging the big muscular guy's constant flying boulders by side stepping them. Finally the muscular guy rose series of columns from the ground traveling from his foot to the long haired guy. 

The long hair guy jumped as the column was getting to him and as he was about to land he kicked his opponent's face, sending the tall muscular guy to the ground.

The crowd went crazy and cheered.

Then another guy from the other side of the crowd launched himself up in the air by a large rock and landed next to the long haired guy, and pulled his hand up in the air.

"As always, your champion, Yun!" The new man said. 

As the crowd was getting calmer, he spoke up again. "To make things a little more fun, I am offering this sack of gold,—" he jiggled a green sack probably the size of a basketball and it sounded like coins.

Lots of coins.

"—to anyone who can defeat the champion!!"

Everyone was dead silent.

"Whattt?? No one dares to face him??" The man complained.
 

"Is firebending allowed?"

Mark and Prince Yangyang looked at me between them in alarm. I guess like me, they were too startled to say anything afterwards.

Even I was a surprised I said that.

Everyone's attention was on me.

The ma

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter