Chapter 33

T H I E F
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

~*~

I knew I could be running into a trap. But I didn't want to risk it, that it could actually be Jaemin and Renjun. 

I knew the guys were probably thinking I was stupid or crazy, but I could care less if they decided to ditch me for this.

I just had to make sure this isn't real.

I was running into the woods. The wind piercing into my exposed skin like small needles. I couldn't feel anything on my body, but I kept running. 

Then I felt a grip that instantly made me stop.

"Let go of me this instant," I grunted.

"Are you deaf, Juli?? You heard what the guys said... it isn't real. Jaemin and Renjun are safe in Lotus City." Jaehyun hissed.

I pulled back my arm harshly. "They were..." I tried to calm down and control my breathing. "They were insisting to help, I'm just worried if they actually followed us here— I—"

"No, Juli." Jaehyun reached for my arms again.

"Juli!!!!"
"Help!!!"

I heard their screams again and Jaehyun immediately cupped my face to look at him.

"They're not real."

"But it feels so real," I whispered.

"It was real for me too." He said, as he bent down so our foreheads touched. "I could never even bare hearing you getting hurt, let alone seeing you getting hurt—"

"Pleaseee!! Help us!!"

"That's why, come with me." Jaehyun comtinued.

"Juliiii!!!!" Renjun shrieked.

"Make it stop!" I said quietly as I closed my eyes shut. 

"Juli!!"

Why does it keep going on and on?? 

"Let's just go back to the others." Jaehyun said.

"I'm sorry," I mumbled.

Before Jaehyun could ask what I meant, I twisted hand and low-kicked him so that he fell. After that, I ran to the voices.

I was far enough from Jaehyun who kept calling me to stop, but I think I lost him.

Jaemin and Renjun's voice kept appearing, and I didn't know where I was going. Every corner looked the same. 

I was lost.

I stopped to hug myself and blew fire to my hands, then rubbing my warmed palms to my arms.

"Jaemin?? Renjun??"

I tried to call. Maybe they were all right, it was just the woods messing with me.

The dark witch messing with me.

How could she do this? Does it mean she is around if she can do all of this magic to us?

I heard a twig snapped behind me, and I realized I have never seen any animal in Infini Cave. I don't think there are any.

I slowly turned around, and then I heard a low, deep growl. Like a dog, growling at something they see as a threat to them.

There were three huge dogs snarling at me when I involuntarily stepped away from them. Their saliva dropping to the snow, their eyes glowed at me.

Werewolves. They are werewolves.

They could be students,

"I mean no harm," I showed my empty hands up. "I am a fellow student—"

A man suddenly pinned me to a huge tree. His build was slim, but his grip on my arms were strong. His eyes glowing red then he opened his mouth to show his fangs.

I let out fire from both of my palms and directed it to the vampire. He immediately jumped away from me.

I noticed the heraldic crest of the institute on his torn cape.

"Stop!" I held my hands up between us. "You don't wanna do this, I am also a student—"

"Or you could be one of the Furies," the guys said.

Is he really saying that I am a spirit of vengeance?? 

"Could a Fury almost burn your ?" I said.

The three wolves were slowly creeping closer to corner me from behind. 

"Then how come I have never seem you around the institute?" The vampire said as he walled closer to me.

"Because I am new."

"Then what are you doing here alone?"

"I am on a mission."

The vampire snickered at my reply, "that's cute." He smirked.

If I started to attack him, the three wolves would do the same to me. If I attacked the wolves, I would have the vampire behind me.

Without thinking, I bent down and sweep kick as I released fire as I spun around.

Probably would got me killed, but I had to help myself out of the situation.

I ran away, forgetting the fact that vampires and werewolves are the fastest species among us all.

Also due to the cold wind, I couldn't tell if I was breathing or not. 

A punch suddenly landed on the side of my face, making me fall to the side. 

The vampire got on top of me, hissing with his sharp fangs, ready to drink his dinner.

It all happened so fast, I didn't have the time or the opening to defend myself.

I tried to swing a punch with my free hand but he pinned it down back.

He held pushed my head down to the ground harshly, making me seeing double. He teared off the collar of the uniform.

Everything seemed to be floating. But I still try to shoot a fire at his face.

Then I felt sharpness digging into my skin, wolves were locking my arms, their teeth sinking in my flesh.

I held back a cry and bit my lip, it burnt like Hell.

I screamed.

Before the vampire could get to my neck, he was thrown off me. The wolves averted their attentions and let go of my arms.

I immediately got up, my vision still doubling.

Someone got me in his arms and I elbowed him. 

The person groaned in pain.

"Juli! It's me," he spun me around and held my face. "Are you alright?"

Jaehyun, why do you ask

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter