Chapter 21

T H I E F
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

~*~

 

After I left Jaehyun I went looking for Yuta's room (with what's left of my heart). When I arrived, I knocked on door. 

I hope it's his.

I asked some random group of girls earlier and apparently, they know each of the 127 members' rooms. 

Was it impressive? Yes. Was it creepy? Totally.

I didn't receive any respond for a minute, so I tried knocking once more. A little longer this time.

A minute has passed, and still no sound or anything. Then I tried knocking nonstop for a straight minute to see if I could get any respond. If I don't then I have to look for him somewhere else.

Knock, knock, knock, knock...

Finally the door flung opened.

There he was. Messy hair, bed face, loose white t-shirt, with black shorts. I braced myself to be screamed at, at least that's what I would do if someone woke me up from my slumber.

He sighed and rubbed his face, completely irked by my appearance, "what the hell do you want?"

"I, uhm..." 

I shook my thought of how hot he was looking right now.

"I think we should go now."

Yuta breathed in, "look." He breathed in, "you heard what he said. We go tonight, now leave me alone."

He was about to slam the door to my face but I immediately held it back with my arm.

"Listen," I gritted my teeth. "You don't know a damn thing about what it's like on Earth. You wouldn't last an hour by yourself there, and we have been neglecting this newborn vampire since last night, who knows maybe he or she's been there for days. If  he's still alive when we get there, I don't even know what you call something that is greater than a miracle. So, screw what Victor said and let's just go."

 

~

 

We were on our way to the nearest Natural Portal, beyond Lotus City.

Yuta filled me in with the information that Victor gave him after I left his office last night.

Apparently, the newborn is a boy about the same age as Jaemin and his location is  at the area around my Safe Zone. 

That should be quick and fast.

As we almost got to the other side of Lotus City, I couldn't help but feel like some old lady would grab me again and say awful things to me.

As if my head wasn't filled with awful thoughts already.

We reached to the border between Lotus City and a forest. It wasn't tall and we should be able to climb it. 

Yuta spun around and flew to the top of the border.

"What the —"

He looked down at me who was staring back at him.

Yuta is a demigod, but is trained as an airbender. I knew that from the girls, but seeing him using his power for the first time was maybe why I was so fascinated.

In fact, it was my first time ever seeing airbending.

I wish I could ask him to teach me a few moves, but I can't. 

That makes me wonder, would he care if he knew that I was the Avatar? His friends are mostly benders, I wonder if he felt the same as them about the Avatar, the princess of the Fire Nation if I might add.

"What are you waiting for?"

Seriously? Is he forgetting that I am not even a Level 1 yet?

"I— I can't—"

He bent over and offered me his hand immediately.

I was about to take it, but then I saw someone walking to us from the corner of my eye. 

It was Jaehyun.

"What are you doing here?" I asked right away.

"What are you two doing?" He frowned, looking at both Yuta and me back to back.

"We're on a mission, and we are going to the Natural Portal around here." Yuta answered.

"A mission? For you? Together?" Jaehyun emphasized.

Is he trying to sound jealous? Is he even jealous?

"I know, but yeah." Yuta said.

Jaehyun walked over to me. Closer, and closer. Gods when is he planning to stop getting closer and closer?

He then slid his arms around my waist. "Hang on tight." He said. 

Then without asking or saying anything again, we were jolted up to the air, by his black fire from his other fist and feet.

I gasped in shock and quickly held on to him. I was burying my face on his neck, afraid to look down.

He smelled like citrus and flowers, he might just be back from the garden. If he was, I wouldn't be surprised. He does spend a lot of time there.

We finally landed on the ground. 

I realized I still couldn't let go of him, making he bent down to my height. 

He tapped my back gently, "okay, Juli. You can let me go now."

I slowly let go of him, feeling so light. I was still in shock.

Yuta was already with us on the ground from the too of the border. He walked pass us, "come on." He said to me.

I mouthed a thank you to Jaehyun with a smile, which he returned.

I wanted to squeal at how cute he looked.

I turned around and was ready to walk away, but Jaehyun grabbed my arm. I turned back to him, raising an eyebrow at hum. "What's wrong, Jaehyun?"

He took a step closer to me and then planted a kiss on my forehead. 

...

He took a step back to look at me in the eye. Then shot a quick glare at Yuta behind me before smiling back at me, "promise me you'll see me the first thing when you ge

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter